For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Someone has leaks...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
132
So i was just browsing about Pirate101 & Wizard101 stuff when I happened to come across a twitter account that has spoilers about both KI games! I know most people might think they are not real, but they post about new content BEFORE they come out. They posted about the new pvp pets like in april and turns out it was true. I don't want to describe all the stuff that they had because you never know if they're real or not.

Anyways my point is something should be done about that account.

Your friendly neighborhood Orlando.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Vulorian on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
So i was just browsing about Pirate101 & Wizard101 stuff when I happened to come across a twitter account that has spoilers about both KI games! I know most people might think they are not real, but they post about new content BEFORE they come out. They posted about the new pvp pets like in april and turns out it was true. I don't want to describe all the stuff that they had because you never know if they're real or not.

Anyways my point is something should be done about that account.

Your friendly neighborhood Orlando.
Contact KingsIsle and give them the account name. If it's really a problem, they can find out how that account is getting the information.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
879
Oh, yeah, they just go through the game files, extract things, and spoil everything before it goes live. That account has been running for a while. The guys in charge also did a hacked port of W101 at one point but I think it got shut down by KI. Regardless, they are breaking the ToS but I'm not really sure why they're still getting away with it.

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
41
May I ask what kind of harm this twitter account has done to the pirate101 players/KI so far?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Yes....Ratbeard is getting up in age a wee bit!

Oh, not those kind of leaks. Carry on then!!!

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
132
TalonThundercloud on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
May I ask what kind of harm this twitter account has done to the pirate101 players/KI so far?
Not much for pirate101, but a whole lot for wizard101,(spells guantlets etc.) which i don't want to get into the details too. (Don't want to spoil anything for anyone else)

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
132
SPOILERS!

Oh and he spoiled the Eel whip thing in Wizard101, and some other semi-major stuff.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
TalonThundercloud on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
May I ask what kind of harm this twitter account has done to the pirate101 players/KI so far?
Business secrets are protected by U.S. law - this is not a "victimless crime". It's none of their business to hack into KI system and literally steal information!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1471
I don't think they do anything that serious, leaks are always a thing in games and people will look in the game files.

As far as I know they are true becuase I accidentally saw a few promotions and some of those were added into Pirate101 with the release of VA Pt2 such as Mustang Sally and Bagha Khan

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
836
Wish he'd leak something cool like ship pvp or team ranked pvp, or new worlds, right now it seems like hes just making desperate bids at attention and should be ignored

Community Leader
anecorbie on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
Contact KingsIsle and give them the account name. If it's really a problem, they can find out how that account is getting the information.
That "information" is available to anyone. They just extract the info from the files that are available on any person's computer who has the game downloaded. Personally, I think the spoilers have helped pirate101 stay alive. The spoilers that these people show give devoted players hope for the future, that Yes, KI is going to update the game. if people don't like it, they don't have to look at them and can block the account.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Apr 28, 2016
15
Spiral spoilers are the ones who got sshut down for breaking tos, as far as I've seen, the other one hasn't done anything on a scale that should require action against them. Ultimately it's ki's decision, but I just don't see why this would require anything done. There's leaks for other games and things out there, so it's not like this is something new and bizarre.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
132
zuto4011a on Jul 8, 2017 wrote:
Wish he'd leak something cool like ship pvp or team ranked pvp, or new worlds, right now it seems like hes just making desperate bids at attention and should be ignored
He did... well for wizard at least.

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
41
anecorbie on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
Business secrets are protected by U.S. law - this is not a "victimless crime". It's none of their business to hack into KI system and literally steal information!
They aren't business secrets, it's information freely available through the launcher files that anyone can access. You can't steal something that's already there to begin with.

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
41
Vulorian on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
Not much for pirate101, but a whole lot for wizard101,(spells guantlets etc.) which i don't want to get into the details too. (Don't want to spoil anything for anyone else)
If spoilers are the problem, you don't need to look. I don't think this twitter account is much of a problem for the community at large if this is only the first time it's been brought up... it's been around for a while.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Matthew525011 on Jul 8, 2017 wrote:
That "information" is available to anyone. They just extract the info from the files that are available on any person's computer who has the game downloaded. Personally, I think the spoilers have helped pirate101 stay alive. The spoilers that these people show give devoted players hope for the future, that Yes, KI is going to update the game. if people don't like it, they don't have to look at them and can block the account.
If it's generally known and available to "anyone" then why hasn't KI released it more fully to the entire community at large?
That would stop all speculation about the game; if they want it to continue to be "secret", then there shouldn't be leaks.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1471
If this was really a problem, I'm pretty sure One-Eyed Jack would've posted on here now asking us to report the page to Kingsisle.

Data mined spoilers can be found for a whole lot of games, and thankfully they are not shoved in our face so it's up to each individual player wether they want to get ahead in the action or keep it a surprise for themselves.