Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scariest Time in the Game?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hello Pirates- I just got some fresh chocolate croissants and creme brûlées for you! There's some Keemoon tea, newly imported from Mooshu thanks to some... friends of mine in Hamamitsu. So, take as many as you want- ROMBA! Stop eating so many croissants! -sighs- What will I do with you...

Romba looks nervous and hides the croissant behind his back. "Croissant? What croissant?"

You know what I mean... -brings out a new batch- Good thing I had extras... Oh yes, welcome, sit, take some nice hot, fragrant tea and some treats, and we can talk.

So, a short time ago I made a post on Wizard101 Message Boards about the scariest time in the game. Well, I've had plenty of scary moments, some significantly scarier than others. Like the time I finished off Squinty in Solitude and yelled, YES! DIE SQUINTY DIE!... And the doorbell rang, and scared me out of my mind. XD

Another scary time, some guy who was bothering me nonstop on Wizard101 was on in Pirate... Good thing I noticed him before he did me and deleted him. I shudder to think of what might have happened had he noticed...

So, have you experienced any scary situations? Post here!

Ciao!

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Thanks for the croissants Emma.

What scares me? Only every time the sump pump starts up while I'm playing. I lose myself in the game then hear it running and jump ten feet out of my seat. Just for one little noise. Strangely enough, my dogs barking at something outside the window doesn't bother me. I guess it just takes getting used to.

Scarlet Freeman, level 60 Swashbuckler
Alura Windlass, level 15 Witchdoctor

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Hello Pirates- I just got some fresh chocolate croissants and creme brûlées for you! There's some Keemoon tea, newly imported from Mooshu thanks to some... friends of mine in Hamamitsu. So, take as many as you want- ROMBA! Stop eating so many croissants! -sighs- What will I do with you...

Romba looks nervous and hides the croissant behind his back. "Croissant? What croissant?"

You know what I mean... -brings out a new batch- Good thing I had extras... Oh yes, welcome, sit, take some nice hot, fragrant tea and some treats, and we can talk.

So, a short time ago I made a post on Wizard101 Message Boards about the scariest time in the game. Well, I've had plenty of scary moments, some significantly scarier than others. Like the time I finished off Squinty in Solitude and yelled, YES! DIE SQUINTY DIE!... And the doorbell rang, and scared me out of my mind. XD

Another scary time, some guy who was bothering me nonstop on Wizard101 was on in Pirate... Good thing I noticed him before he did me and deleted him. I shudder to think of what might have happened had he noticed...

So, have you experienced any scary situations? Post here!

Ciao!
That's cool Romba is my favorite companion ! Well any way I am not sure if any thing really scares me exept when I'm playing and I relize that I still have Homework to do

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Perfect moment for this thread hehe. I just finished the duck of death, so i logged off for a little break and went outside. I saw a duck in the pool staring right at me. Uhhh.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Darn, I can't think of anything truly scary right now but those chocolate croissants and creme brûlées Sounds just mouthwatering. All I can think of is this silly one: The first time I did Ratbeard's promotion, which I found hysterical by the way, I was dashing in and out of Scrooge's room as I advanced through the quest. As I always keep an eye out for chests I discovered the one on the far sice of his bedroom respawned rather quickly so I would run in, open the chest, then start the vocals on the part of the quest I was on. By the time all the hilarious voices would be done I would turn around and be able to open the chest again for a bonus gold reward. The last time you speak to Scrooge in his room came and I came blazing through with my thoughts on the gold waiting for me in that chest and Scrooge wasn't in his bed as usual He was standing in the middle of the room and I almost ran right into him. I actually yelped and almost dropped my laptop. I almost expected him to yell at me for snitching his gold. I know that's not how the game works, and that those chests are ours to find, but it Does feel a bit like stealing when I run to someone's upstairs bedroom to get some gold. So perhaps my slightly guilty conscience had something to do with it but Scrooge standing in the middle of the room scared the snockers outta me .
Is that good enough for some of those wonderful goodies x Gives puppy dog eyes x

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Mmm...croissants...Destiny reaches across the table and inconspicuously slides the plate towards herself.

The scariest moment in Pirate101, the game, was when I was questing through the extension of the Fin Dorsal quest. I encountered the Armada on a ship in a tempest. My headphones were playing my "epic" playlist on Youtube, but the voice of the clockwork officer cut through the strings and silenced even the brass section, it seemed like.

My scariest moment that occurred while playing was when I stayed up till two in the morning finishing Miranda. See, I have both a cat and a dog - they're, er, active. The camera switched to Captain Blood for the first time, and my cat screeched as my dog stepped on her tail, or whatever he did. I yelped and fell out of my chair, taking my computer and a lamp down with me.

Those are my two gold pieces. Nice thread!

D.S. Devereaux

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Hey hey hey! Silver Fiona here. Thanks for the treats! Ok, so the scariest thing in the game for me was..... hmm... that's a hard one. I think i would say ok, so i was fighting Old Scratch, and near the end of the fight, these huge big drowned zombies appear out of nowhere! And i was like, "AHHHHHH! WHERE ON EARTH DID THESE THING COME FROM?!?!?!?!?!?!" So i was like scared out of my mind cuz i thought they were a glitch that would like knock me out for good, and i was so scared of losing my beloved Swashbuckler, so i let my brother take over lol. Now that i think about it, i was so being scaredy cat and i'm glad i can laugh at it now.

Well ciao for now,
Silver Fiona.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Scarlet Freeman on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for the croissants Emma.

What scares me? Only every time the sump pump starts up while I'm playing. I lose myself in the game then hear it running and jump ten feet out of my seat. Just for one little noise. Strangely enough, my dogs barking at something outside the window doesn't bother me. I guess it just takes getting used to.

Scarlet Freeman, level 60 Swashbuckler
Alura Windlass, level 15 Witchdoctor
Ah, Scarlet, it's no problem! I keep watching the American Baking Competition, such good looking foods there, and in fact I get a lot of inspiration from it.

I know that feeling. XD I screamed when the doorbell rang, then I fell out of my seat, and then I ran around in circles, then I calmed down. Just my logic, ya know? -gets whacked by Hawkules- AHHHH!

Hawkules comments, "I thought you didn't believe in logic?"

Oh, I believe in logic alright! And is it logical that I like throwing cakes? -chucks some cake across the room at Hawkules- CAAAAAAKE WAR!!!!!

Gracie sighs. "Stop feeding him cake."

I'm not feeding him cake, IM ASSAULTING HIM WITH CAKE!

Griffen Deverux: I love Romba too, he's such a cute little water mole... XD I don't get that feeling much, maybe because I'm homeschooled?

Ciao!

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Wait wait wait waitwaitwaitwait...

Chocolate Croissants?! Yes Please! Thank you Fox.

- Hands some to Bonnie Anne -

Anne: What lovely Crumpets!

Everyone Else: -__- Oh Bonnie...

My scariest moment was actually right at the beginning of the game. I played W101 in the past so I knew what a dungeon was, so I also knew that doing them alone would be difficult! I was entering The Presidio wondering if I would ever be able to pass it. I saw those monkeys running around and I tried to avoid them. I got into a battle and noticed that the battle had to be finished quickly! I obviously lost. I really unexpected that.

Have a Great Day! Lvl 65

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Mark: Now this course of chocolate croissants and Yum Yum Punch? Christobal, you really need to stop looting my food supplies!

Christobal Jimenez: Whatever.

Oswald: The last time you did snack on Mark's food, you turned into a Buffaloon and got captured by Bisons.

Harvey Bass: Wait, where did you come from?

Oswald: Read a Pirate's Life For Me Episode 19-Time Machine, Part 2. I went in reverse and killed Bonnie and Toro, then I got their spot on the crew. Now let me have some croissants.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
Ah, Scarlet, it's no problem! I keep watching the American Baking Competition, such good looking foods there, and in fact I get a lot of inspiration from it.

I know that feeling. XD I screamed when the doorbell rang, then I fell out of my seat, and then I ran around in circles, then I calmed down. Just my logic, ya know? -gets whacked by Hawkules- AHHHH!

Oh, I believe in logic alright! And is it logical that I like throwing cakes? -chucks some cake across the room at Hawkules- CAAAAAAKE WAR!!!!!

Griffen Deverux: I love Romba too, he's such a cute little water mole... XD I don't get that feeling much, maybe because I'm homeschooled?

Ciao!
CAKE WAAAARRRRR *Chucks cake in his own face* I love cake thanks for putting me in now where can i find more cake

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
*Lizzy sneaks a few more croissants under her top coat than she should have*

Scariest moment... Okay, well everybody who communicates with me at all knows that I have the crummiest computer on the planet (at least that's what I think...) and I'm used to major glitch-outs, but this one was not only surprising, but quite startling. So my dad was at work and my mom was in her room watching tv or something and I had the main house quiet and all to myself... so I dashed all around the house and turned off all the lights (I'm like Fin Dorsal in the sense that I like to be in the dark ) and then plopped back down on my office chair, scooting in under the desk and teleporting to one of my friends in Aquila when she was just flying through the skyway. She and I were on the phone, so I moaned over the cell -

*Friend's mom: What in the world is than unearthly sound?*

-and nearly did a faceplant onto the desk, then I said to my friend "Ohhhhh... MAJOR glitch-out!"

Friend: "What happened?"

Me: *moan* "Computer's frozen again."

Friend: "Again?"

Me: "Again." *long pause while we're waiting for the computer to unfreeze, the screen was black* Then all of the sudden she heard a yelp over the phone, and I nearly fell out of my chair. What had happened: My eyes had gotten used to the dark, so it was quite surprising when I was nearly blinded from the bright Aquilan skyway -- and it didn't help that my character was standing, without a ship, on a blue windlane.

Me: "Oh my gosh, you're not going to believe this!!!"

Friend: "What happened?" *she sounded panicky*

Me: "I'M FLYING!!!"

Friend: LOL

Me: "Seriously go back to the spot when I teleported to you."

*I nearly got run over by a huge ship*

Me: "Can you see me?"

Friend: "I see a speck."

Me: "Yup."

Lol the funny part about that all is that a lot of big ships went straight through my character, and each time I jumped a little. My poor white schnauzer was probably wondering what was wrong with me, for he was in my lap at the time.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Can't...stop.....eating.....creme brules! *Olivia procedes to conspicuosly stuff two more in her mouth, chipmunk style* Fox, what'd you put in these things? They're ADDICTIVE. *Swallows two more* Hey, where'd they go?

My scariest moment was probably when I was doing the Gov. Shrewsbury instance, and I had defeated all of his little goonies, but I was down for the count, and the only companion who was still fighting was Bonnie. Her health was dangerously low, but Shrewsbury's was lower.

So I'm sitting there, biting my nails, frantically wondering if Bonnie will survive, and then my sister comes up behind me and tackles me with one of her crazy death-hugs. While shouting. Really loud. Possibly the most startled I've ever been.

Of course, when I looked up, I was back at ye olde Life Fountain, with 1 health. *Sighs*

Well, thanks for the desserts! I'm going to go run laps around my Skullrock Stronghold now to work off the sugar.

'Later!

O.R

Ensign
May 25, 2009
The moment yesterday when I realized I had almost simultaneously reached max level for character and nautical.

Oh well, 4 more to max out left!

And the virtual halt my computer came to when we had approximately 25 people ganging up on Ophidian ships in Aquila.

Reckless Ronan Level 65 Witchdoctor
Smarmy Kai Trice Level 12 Buccaneer
Able Aedan Ainsley Level 15 Musketeer

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Hey, I thought you said there were chocolate croissants and creme brules!
Guess I should have gotten here sooner. (Looks under table to see if any fell to the floor)

Scariest place for me was Diablo Cut. Turned a corner and got grabbed by one of those tentacles. Definitely one of those what, where, who, why, how moments. Took me a moment just to orient myself again.

Is it all right if just take a couple of these suspicious looking treats from Romba's collection?

Hey Bonnie Anne, I got crumpets!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Well, before I saw your post, Elizabeth, I probably would have said the instance at Monte Royale, since the nice little surprise there left me going 'eep!' at the computer. But now I recall that one time, fighting the Armada ships in the Valencian skyway, the internet went down. Well, after the internet comes back up again, I go to retrieve Anne and her crew from the skyway (or the life-fountain, more like)... but they were in neither of those places. Instead I see Anne and her first mate behind shadowy bars! Eek! Well, the next instant I hit the life-fountain button, and there I am but... eek!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
I'm sorry I've just gotta say this. Less than thirty seconds ago I went to log onto Pirate101 and then, next to the announcements area, I saw Deacon looking at me with a gun in his hand. I nearly fell out of my chair! In my head I screamed No! No! You are NOT allowed to see me in my Pajamas!!!
THAT is my new scariest moment in the game.

More to come!

~Elizabeth, level 37 ~
~Bosun Bacon~

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry I've just gotta say this. Less than thirty seconds ago I went to log onto Pirate101 and then, next to the announcements area, I saw Deacon looking at me with a gun in his hand. I nearly fell out of my chair! In my head I screamed No! No! You are NOT allowed to see me in my Pajamas!!!

More to come!

~Elizabeth, level 37 ~
~Bosun Bacon~
Ah yes, I hadn't seen the picture of Deacon for quite a while. Not that I had forgotten how dangerously evil and scary he was, but it was kind of nice (in an adrenaline-spiking way) to see him again. Truly a villain one loves to hate.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:

Ciao!
The cake? That references a very pink equine from a show I know... Noone laugh!

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Mark Laveer on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Mark: Now this course of chocolate croissants and Yum Yum Punch? Christobal, you really need to stop looting my food supplies!

Christobal Jimenez: Whatever.

Oswald: The last time you did snack on Mark's food, you turned into a Buffaloon and got captured by Bisons.

Harvey Bass: Wait, where did you come from?

Oswald: Read a Pirate's Life For Me Episode 19-Time Machine, Part 2. I went in reverse and killed Bonnie and Toro, then I got their spot on the crew. Now let me have some croissants.
I remember that post. Good times. NOW LET'S DO ANOTHER ONE!

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:

More to come!

~Elizabeth, level 37 ~
~Bosun Bacon~
HAHAHAHA! I almost choked on my croissant when I read that! That is SO random!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
HAHAHAHA! I almost choked on my croissant when I read that! That is SO random!
x Hands ice cold milk to wash down the croissant. x

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
when i was playing pvp with some low levels i joined the blue team, and the low levels that were on the other team came over to my team. and when i went to the other team(fer some reason i wanted to go aganst those guys) they followed me! this went on for a long time and then i finnally gave in and let them play on my team. so that my friends, is one of the many burdens that high levels must expereince

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
wait, hold up, we have croissants? gimmie!!!! my scaryest moment was when i was fighting the armada, and i hit a armada musketeer with my sword so hard that his armor fell off and well... the next part is inappropriate. and he said "oh dear, thee has pulled off my coverings!" and he ran away crying, subodai and i are still pretty scarred from that. subodai:aye captain (shivers) just thinking about in makes me want to... uh oh! (subodai runs to bathroom) bonnie anne: he has a weak stomach.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
just so you know, nobody show those crumpets to el toro if he even heres the word "crumpet" he goes all hammy the squirrel (from over the hedge) on everybody. once we went to a buffet in the kraken skulls tavern, toro got so riled up that he jumped on a rat brigand and smashed cake in his face!hahahahahaha!!!! and then we had to tie him down in the cargo bay of my ship so that he would come of of his suger high. el toro: did somebody say CAKE? me: hit the DECK!! (three seconds later) see what i mean guys? now we are all covered in... better not say it! bonnie anne:darn! he got cake on my new sniper dress! me: bonnie! nooooooooooo! (two seconds later ya see! now were in a mountain of this.... stuff! subodai: oh great, now look at my new armor! its covered in...me: DONT!!!