Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Role Play

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
53
As I reached the Bunkhouse, I intently looked around for any trace of my crew's where-abouts. Luckily, I saw Fang's footprints and could smell a hint of mysterious fumes from what I thought to be Omar's torch. I approached the door quietly and heard Omar talking, assumingly to Jade. I decided to wait outside of the door and ponder what I WILL say to make not just Jade, but everyone trust me and make them believe I have no secrets. But how...

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
56
Sly Gillian Randal... on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
As I reached the Bunkhouse, I intently looked around for any trace of my crew's where-abouts. Luckily, I saw Fang's footprints and could smell a hint of mysterious fumes from what I thought to be Omar's torch. I approached the door quietly and heard Omar talking, assumingly to Jade. I decided to wait outside of the door and ponder what I WILL say to make not just Jade, but everyone trust me and make them believe I have no secrets. But how...
Alura and Rowan, who were still in shock from the noise they just made, started hearing light footsteps coming down the hall. Alura masked her friends in a black fog and hurried them to the other wall across from the door, a few seconds after, they see a girl with slightly bloody knuckles wrapped in bandages heading towards Jade's room. The two sisters stared on in horror as she peered into the room but Blaze was staring intently at her red bandaged fists like they were his lunch rabbits. Rowan bopped him on the nose making sure he didn't try to go for them. '' Ugh, what are we going to do with Blaze? If we don't act soon he'll eat that girl.'' Rowan snickered. '' Shhh! We need to find out who this girl is first. For all we know she could be a spy or any other treat to the group.'' Alura declared. Rowan looked from her sister to the purple sparkles floating around them that have already started to fade. ''How long will this fog of yours last?'' She asked with a hint of worry. Alura looked down at the sparkles and realized some of them had vanished. '' By my guess, about 2 minutes or so. Rowan, I think we'll need to show ourselves soon or get out of here now. I vote we show ourselves.'' Alura said solemnly. Rowan stared at her Alura open-mouthed, she had never heard her so serious. '' I vote we show ourselves now.'' Rowan responded. Alura sighedand looked blankly at her sister. ''Are you sure you want to do this Rowan?'' She finally said. '' I can tell these pirates mean a lot to you. So yea, I'm sure.''
''Humph, very well.'' Alura canceled the fog and the sisters, along with Blaze,
became visible again. Rowan cleared her throat and spoke so everyone in the room and the girl in the hall could hear. '' Hello everyone, would you mind chatting with us for a moment?''

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
"Come in Mon Capitan." cooed Omar in an erie yet inciting maner as the door opened itself "Life waits not for pondering. As I said, all people have secrets. Jade's is her lack of sight, Meri and Raven, their cruel, dark pasts that never cease to haunt their lives, Captain Randall, the origins of her's , Jutsus is it? Me... well, an accident o're a century ago."
As Omar said these things, his eyes were transfixed to the skull's flames, who seemed to have a mind all there own. they took the form of three horse riders, a house that seemed to move on two spindly legs, and a woman riding what looked like a peculiar bowl she drove with a great staff. when the figure looked at Omar, the flames flared, braking the trance that overtook him.
Dazed, Omar rubbed his head and seemed not to remember what he last said.
"Whoa. how did I get here?" he said perplexed, the skull's flames extinguished.
"Well." better be off. We've a long journey and we best be ready fer it."Omar was just about to close the door when he stopped, turned around, and said:
"By the way, dear Jade, do the names Baba Yaga and the Polarian White Witch ring any bells?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
The Undead Obeah on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
"Come in Mon Capitan." cooed Omar in an erie yet inciting maner as the door opened itself "Life waits not for pondering. As I said, all people have secrets. Jade's is her lack of sight, Meri and Raven, their cruel, dark pasts that never cease to haunt their lives, Captain Randall, the origins of her's , Jutsus is it? Me... well, an accident o're a century ago."
As Omar said these things, his eyes were transfixed to the skull's flames, who seemed to have a mind all there own. they took the form of three horse riders, a house that seemed to move on two spindly legs, and a woman riding what looked like a peculiar bowl she drove with a great staff. when the figure looked at Omar, the flames flared, braking the trance that overtook him.
Dazed, Omar rubbed his head and seemed not to remember what he last said.
"Whoa. how did I get here?" he said perplexed, the skull's flames extinguished.
"Well." better be off. We've a long journey and we best be ready fer it."Omar was just about to close the door when he stopped, turned around, and said:
"By the way, dear Jade, do the names Baba Yaga and the Polarian White Witch ring any bells?"
Jade's heart thudded in her chest when she heard Omar speak about everyone's past. How could he know such things? She turned in Meri's direction, a questioning look on her face, but said nothing. The thing that stood out to her most, though, was the fact that his secret was an accident that happened more than a century ago... That explains what she had seen in his aura. Out of nowhere, heat pulsed in Jade's direction, as she was still standing by Omar and his staff. Jade's eyes widened, transfixed by the warmth, but the memory of her parent's death flickered inside of her mind and she yelped, leaping behind Fang, who bared his teeth and snarled. As soon as the flame was extinguished, Jade came out from behind her guardian and listened to Omar's words before he left. "By the way, dear Jade, do the names Baba Yaga and the Polarian White Witch ring any bells?"

Baba Yaga. The name struck fear deep inside of her, an experience so cold that it felt like a slap from an icy winter wind. "My parents used to tell me stories about a horrifying supernatural entity by the name. And the White Witch? She's the one who forged my amulet. I know of both names." Jade fiercely pet Fang, channeling her fear out of her. Fang gave her a slobbery lick, which made Jade giggle and playfully push Fang's snout away, relieving her of her stress. "Thanks, buddy." She smiled, leaning into him. He leaned back, nearly knocking her over.

"Hello everyone, would you mind chatting with us for a moment?" An almost familiar voice came from the direction of the doorway, making Jade jump. That voice... it sounded like a voice that had belonged to a girl that had met Jade in Polaris... but not quite the same.

"Alura? Is that you?" Jade turned in the direction of the voice, and she could feel Fang's fur bristle from the unwelcome stranger. "It's okay, Fang, I think I know her. Remember?" Jade smoothed down his fur calmly, looking into the memory of when she had first met Alura. She had just left the White Witch's castle and had adopted her angry mood when a girl came up and 'pestered' her about her amulet, which she wore openly at the time. Jade hadn't liked the girl very much, but that was before, and now she welcomed anyone that she had known from her past.

"Aye, Jade. I'm right here." Alura replied smoothly. She strode over to Jade and picked up one of her hands, resting it on her face.

"You've grown." Jade smiled.

"Well, not very much." Alura said with a cheeky grin. She turned and gestured to Rowan, who was standing awkwardly in the doorway. "This is my sister, Ro-"

"Pawn!" Rowan interrupted, shooting her sister a look. "My name is Pawn."

Jade furrowed her eyebrows when she heard Rowan speak an armada name. Well, she was Alura's sister, so that meant something. Jade cautiously walked over to Rowan, found her hand, then shook it. "Pleasure to meet you, Pawn. My name is Jade Stone."

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
53
'Well, it looks like Jade knows more people than I thought,' I guessed as I fixed my hand wraps and hid them in my pockets and my slightly bloodied back of my shirt against the doorpost. I decided to let them notice me first and try not to take away from this reunion. The first girl, Alura I think seems fine. However, something seems off about that other girl who calles herself 'Pawn'. I've seen her before, no doubt about it. Her name links to the Armada for certain. I mist find out what I can from this girl, even by force if I must! I will avenge my parents somehow...

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
56
OOC: Uh oh, it would seem Pawn is or is going to be in a great deal of trouble.

'' Why would you use your Armada name!? I thought you left that life behind you!''
'' I did, but if these pirates can't accept me for all I've done then that's what I want them to know me as.''
Alura sighed in defeat, knowing she couldn't change Rowan's mind. She cared deeply about Rowan, or the sister she should get used to calling Pawn, and never wanted anything bad to happen to her. Although, now that she told everyone her other name, it may be harder than it was when they met Avery. '' Hey, cheer up! I know what I did wasn't the smartest thing in the Spiral, but that doesn't mean you need to be sad.''
Came Pawn's voice in a cheerful tone. Alura looked up at her sister and saw the playfulness in her eyes as Jade shook her hand.
'' I promise Alura, everything will be alright. Do you trust me?''
'' Are you joking? I trust you with my life!'' Alura responded. Pawn gave her a meaningful nod and pulled her hand away from Jade's.'' Pleasure to meet you too Jade Stone.'' She said in her deep and untrusting voice. Alura never understood how Pawn could be happy at one moment then be another emotion or act emotionless in a matter of seconds, but it probably came from living with the Armada for two years. She watched as Pawn fixed her ten- gallon hat to cover one of her eyes, tightened the slipknot necktie she always wore, and put some of her black hair back into place. Alura could tell her sister wasn't comfortable being surrounded by other pirates since that usually wasn't a good thing in the Armada. 'If only you knew the truth before all of this happened.' Alura said silently to herself.

( Hehehehe, Pawn has no idea anyone suspects her secret so this should be fun. )

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
The Undead Obeah on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
"Come in Mon Capitan." cooed Omar in an erie yet inciting maner as the door opened itself "Life waits not for pondering. As I said, all people have secrets. Jade's is her lack of sight, Meri and Raven, their cruel, dark pasts that never cease to haunt their lives, Captain Randall, the origins of her's , Jutsus is it? Me... well, an accident o're a century ago."
As Omar said these things, his eyes were transfixed to the skull's flames, who seemed to have a mind all there own. they took the form of three horse riders, a house that seemed to move on two spindly legs, and a woman riding what looked like a peculiar bowl she drove with a great staff. when the figure looked at Omar, the flames flared, braking the trance that overtook him.
Dazed, Omar rubbed his head and seemed not to remember what he last said.
"Whoa. how did I get here?" he said perplexed, the skull's flames extinguished.
"Well." better be off. We've a long journey and we best be ready fer it."Omar was just about to close the door when he stopped, turned around, and said:
"By the way, dear Jade, do the names Baba Yaga and the Polarian White Witch ring any bells?"
Raven's olive eyes flashed menacingly. "You just don't get it... Do you?" She laughed. "Ha... Ha ha ha ha ha." It wasn't a purely amused laughed, it was a scary, hollow one. "This staff is two things- a memorandum of the old Salem days, and a dangerous weapon that ceases to break. Yet I could destroy all of you with a burst of witchcraft, as they called it, in a mere. Second."

The witch was scarier by the second. While she had partially forgiven Jade, this Omar knew of something. Just like that pathetic little fourth-wall breaker, Amy. Raven dealt with her a long time ago. Not in the way you might think, of course. Raven cracked her knuckles, a bad habit, and shot a dark and superior glare toward Omar.

"I'm giving you a chance, as I am not entirely malevolent. I happen to be kindhearted in some places in this hardened, mostly hollow thing I call a heart."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
The Undead Obeah on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
"Come in Mon Capitan." cooed Omar in an erie yet inciting maner as the door opened itself "Life waits not for pondering. As I said, all people have secrets. Jade's is her lack of sight, Meri and Raven, their cruel, dark pasts that never cease to haunt their lives, Captain Randall, the origins of her's , Jutsus is it? Me... well, an accident o're a century ago."
As Omar said these things, his eyes were transfixed to the skull's flames, who seemed to have a mind all there own. they took the form of three horse riders, a house that seemed to move on two spindly legs, and a woman riding what looked like a peculiar bowl she drove with a great staff. when the figure looked at Omar, the flames flared, braking the trance that overtook him.
Dazed, Omar rubbed his head and seemed not to remember what he last said.
"Whoa. how did I get here?" he said perplexed, the skull's flames extinguished.
"Well." better be off. We've a long journey and we best be ready fer it."Omar was just about to close the door when he stopped, turned around, and said:
"By the way, dear Jade, do the names Baba Yaga and the Polarian White Witch ring any bells?"
Meri's pointed ears perked straight up. She had heard of Baba Yaga:

Young Miriam stood beside the bed she shared with another girl Cat in the orphanage, her nightgown almost threadbare, but clean and neatly patched. They were awaiting their nightly inspection. Mrs. Fezziwig went down the line of children, making sure they had all washed before going to bed. Miriam's stomach growled a little: the gruel had been tasty enough, but as usual, there had not been quite enough for all the hungry children. But Miriam had learned early in her stay at the orphanage not to simply grab the bowl from a smaller child -- typical behavior in the thieves den where she had lived. She had only done that once. Not because she got punished harshly for such behavior, but because it had made the kindly Mrs. Fezziwig so disappointed in her. Miriam couldn't bear that disappointment. It was better to be a little hungry than to suffer that.

Mrs. Fezziwig, the orphanage director, finished her inspection. "Very good," she praised the clean (or mostly clean) children. "Now, you all have been good children today, so let us have story time."

All the children happily clambered into their beds, wrapping themselves and their bed partner in their thin blankets, and sat with great anticipation.

"Tonight," Mrs. Fezziwig began with a tender smile towards her charges, "I am going to tell a story from far Polaris. It begins with a brave little girl whose name was Vasilisa. Vasilisa's mother died, but before her mother died, she gave her little girl a doll she had made. A doll which turned out to be a magical doll..."

Miriam now turned an eager face to Omar." Cor! Ain't Baga Yaga the mort who 'as a 'ouse on chicken legs? An' she 'elped Vasilisa the Brave, but she was gonna eat 'er if she don't do the tasks, but 'cause Vasilisa's doll was magical, she did 'em, and Baba Yaga sent 'er 'ome wi' a blessing!" Meri gave the synopsis of the tale quickly, if not terribly coherently.

Meri stole a glance over at Raven. The Cat felt she should dislike her, because Jade didn't like her. Yet although Raven was frightening, some new place in Meri felt that the witch was more sad than mean. Maybe she's like that story of Baba Yaga, Meri thought. Scary, maybe dangerous, but perhaps inclined to be helpful after all.

Perhaps it was just as well Meri had never heard the other stories about Baba Yaga. Because otherwise she might not been able to give Raven the shy, welcoming smile which she did.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
Highlander Fox of ... on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
Raven's olive eyes flashed menacingly. "You just don't get it... Do you?" She laughed. "Ha... Ha ha ha ha ha." It wasn't a purely amused laughed, it was a scary, hollow one. "This staff is two things- a memorandum of the old Salem days, and a dangerous weapon that ceases to break. Yet I could destroy all of you with a burst of witchcraft, as they called it, in a mere. Second."

The witch was scarier by the second. While she had partially forgiven Jade, this Omar knew of something. Just like that pathetic little fourth-wall breaker, Amy. Raven dealt with her a long time ago. Not in the way you might think, of course. Raven cracked her knuckles, a bad habit, and shot a dark and superior glare toward Omar.

"I'm giving you a chance, as I am not entirely malevolent. I happen to be kindhearted in some places in this hardened, mostly hollow thing I call a heart."
"Temper, temper dear Raven. We have all gone through enough this day." countered Omar, his calm tone replaced with a dark confidence and glancing towards Jade "Besides, even if we do get into conflict with each other, don't think for one second that you can just bump me off with naught but a flick of thine wrist. The Spirits have taught me much of the ancient arts, though there have been some whom I hope to never to meet again." Omar glanced at the skull scepter before continuing.
"And for yer information, this is not a relic of Ol' Salem.This abomination is a token from the Bony-Legged Witch as a symbol of my previous allegiance with Her. I am, however sorry for what you must have endured and honored to be on the same side as thee."
"Nevertheless, we should get acquainted with our new members and begin to prepare fer a very, very long voyage."
"Welcome to the crew of Capitan Sly Gilligan Randall."greeted He as he turned around "As for you Pawn, what happened years ago between you and me when you were ordered to hunt me down is all water under them bridges. I forgive thee. Jade I also thank thee fer...well, you remember."
Omar grinned, said his farewells, and ported in a shower of frost, flame, and lightning firecrackers.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Jade sighed as Omar left the room with her amulet. There goes her only chance at sight. She backed away from Pawn and walked back over to Fang, who greeted her with a nudge, and then Fang laid down, propping up Jade as she sat down as well. She pet his flank in a steady pattern, and he laid his head to the side, closing his eyes and enjoying her stroke. "Raven," Jade spoke calmly, her tone one that was reliable and trustworthy, "we have all been through some ordeals that have left us scarred, one way or another. This unites us. I believe that it is safe to say that this crew should be free of secrets, and I, for one, can be trusted with anything you deem appropriate." Jade didn't move, but she turned her attention to Captain Katherine, standing in the doorway. "The same goes for you, Captain. You can trust us." She and Fang stood back up, and he guided her out of the wide doorway to a separate room for her to begin to pack. They nearly tripped over a mini manticore laying on the floor, though.

-

As Jade left, Pawn continued to stare at the space where Omar had teleported away, her eyes wide. Then she turned to her sister. "Did he really just practically blow my secret and run away before we could do anything about it?" She projected the thought to Alura, barely containing her fury.

"Don't worry, your secret is still safe. He didn't tell anyone that you were ordered by the armada to hunt him down." Alura responded with a reassuring smile, picking up Blaze from chewing the rug on the floor.

Pawn shook her head at the little manticore, and gave Alura a look. "I hope your right."

"I'm always right. Now, let's start packing for this very, very long journey that we are supposedly going to be on." Alura thought to Pawn, picking up her sister's arm and leading her out of the room with Blaze trailing behind, looking longingly at the half-chewed rug behind him.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
53
I was so focused on the grain of the wooden door post I was looking at, I almost didn't catch what Omar said, about welcoming the two new girls to my crew. 'What? This is an outrage! I will not have a possible Armada spy on my crew, even if my life depends on it! If she finds out who I am and what I'm doing, she could tell Kane and the other Elite, and my plan would fail for sure. For the sake of my parents, I can't let that happen. This girl must go at all costs.' I thought as I approached the two girls, adjusting the straw Mooshu hat I had on my head to hide most of my face. "I guess welcome to the crew. I'll catch you two up later. In the mean-time," I said, looking over to Jade and the others, "I should apologize to someone." I directed my attention to Jade and let my words flow. "I apologize deeply for my misguided actions, Jade Stone. I had no right to do what I did to not only you, but the entire crew. My analysis of the situation was off, for I thought it would get out of hand. I also have no intentions of hurting your friend, Meri. Again, deeply sorry." I said as I approached the door. "Alura and Rowan, meet me at my house two hours from now, and I'll pick you guys up to speed." I added as I left the room to look for the Polarion sisters, Scarlet and Jenny. 'That seemed strange, how each sister could almost read each other's minds. Maybe "cracking the case" on their possible telepathic abilities could reveal precious information on the Armada and whether I can trust them. Another project on top of the boatload to complete.' I pondered while breaking into a light jog, monitoring my still-bleeding knuckles. I don't feel too good...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
949
Sly Gillian Randal... on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
I was so focused on the grain of the wooden door post I was looking at, I almost didn't catch what Omar said, about welcoming the two new girls to my crew. 'What? This is an outrage! I will not have a possible Armada spy on my crew, even if my life depends on it! If she finds out who I am and what I'm doing, she could tell Kane and the other Elite, and my plan would fail for sure. For the sake of my parents, I can't let that happen. This girl must go at all costs.' I thought as I approached the two girls, adjusting the straw Mooshu hat I had on my head to hide most of my face. "I guess welcome to the crew. I'll catch you two up later. In the mean-time," I said, looking over to Jade and the others, "I should apologize to someone." I directed my attention to Jade and let my words flow. "I apologize deeply for my misguided actions, Jade Stone. I had no right to do what I did to not only you, but the entire crew. My analysis of the situation was off, for I thought it would get out of hand. I also have no intentions of hurting your friend, Meri. Again, deeply sorry." I said as I approached the door. "Alura and Rowan, meet me at my house two hours from now, and I'll pick you guys up to speed." I added as I left the room to look for the Polarion sisters, Scarlet and Jenny. 'That seemed strange, how each sister could almost read each other's minds. Maybe "cracking the case" on their possible telepathic abilities could reveal precious information on the Armada and whether I can trust them. Another project on top of the boatload to complete.' I pondered while breaking into a light jog, monitoring my still-bleeding knuckles. I don't feel too good...
After leaving Gillian's house, Scarlet and Jenny returned to Skull Island and set about gathering their gear from Scarlet's ship the Jolly Rover. The two sisters were on the main deck of Scarlet's Marleybonean galleon surrounded by various open crates.

"Should I bring my lockpicks" Jenny asked while rummaging through a particularily large sea chest. "I know zat cat Meri probably 'as a set, but I zink I should bring my set too. You're bringing Dad's old compass right?" Jenny continued looking up at her older sister.

"Of course I'm bringing ze compass, I always 'ave ze compass. Juste, please don't talk about in front of ze ozers, I don't quite trust zem yet. I know ze compass is useless to anybody outside of our family, but it is special." Scarlet replied as she pulled a rapier from a crate of swords and began examining the sword, checking the blade's edge and balance. "You know, I feel sorry for getting mad at Gillian, she was only doing what she thought was right."

Scarlet gently placed her rapier down amongst a small pile of weapons and other asorted gear, when she heard a shout from the nearby docks.

"PERMISSION TO COME ABOARD?!"

Scarlet walked to the side of her ship and saw that Gillian was waiting on the dock next to the ships' gangway, with a slight nod of her head, Scarlet quietly welcomed Gillian aboard the ship.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
56
Sly Gillian Randal... on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
I was so focused on the grain of the wooden door post I was looking at, I almost didn't catch what Omar said, about welcoming the two new girls to my crew. 'What? This is an outrage! I will not have a possible Armada spy on my crew, even if my life depends on it! If she finds out who I am and what I'm doing, she could tell Kane and the other Elite, and my plan would fail for sure. For the sake of my parents, I can't let that happen. This girl must go at all costs.' I thought as I approached the two girls, adjusting the straw Mooshu hat I had on my head to hide most of my face. "I guess welcome to the crew. I'll catch you two up later. In the mean-time," I said, looking over to Jade and the others, "I should apologize to someone." I directed my attention to Jade and let my words flow. "I apologize deeply for my misguided actions, Jade Stone. I had no right to do what I did to not only you, but the entire crew. My analysis of the situation was off, for I thought it would get out of hand. I also have no intentions of hurting your friend, Meri. Again, deeply sorry." I said as I approached the door. "Alura and Rowan, meet me at my house two hours from now, and I'll pick you guys up to speed." I added as I left the room to look for the Polarion sisters, Scarlet and Jenny. 'That seemed strange, how each sister could almost read each other's minds. Maybe "cracking the case" on their possible telepathic abilities could reveal precious information on the Armada and whether I can trust them. Another project on top of the boatload to complete.' I pondered while breaking into a light jog, monitoring my still-bleeding knuckles. I don't feel too good...
OOC: I know you probably didn't do this on purpose but as far as Sly and her crew know, Alura's sister's name is Pawn not Rowan.

'' So, we have two hours before our meeting with the captain huh? I guess we better start packing.'' Pawn vocalized aloud to her sister. Alura nodded her head and teleported them to their Rakes Lagoon, the trio rushed to the main building to gather the necessities they needed for the voyage. '' Hey Alura, do you have my Dragoon sword?''
'' Yes, but I don't understand why you want to lug that thing with us, it shouts Armada.'' Alura spoke as she threw the giant sword to her sister.'' So does Pawn, and even though the Armada is evil they do have impressive weapons. Anyway, I'm going to use that growth spell Madam Vadima gave us for Blaze, be right back.'' Pawn replied as she strapped the sword to her back and walked out of the room with Blaze trotting behind her. By the time Pawn returned with the manticore, Alura had finished packing both of their bags as lightly as she could. When she turned around to look at Blaze, she saw he was the exact same size as when he left, but he did have dark fur in the shape of a snake that appeared to be wrapped around his left front paw. '' Did the spell work? Blaze doesn't look bigger.''
'' The spell is for temporary growth, he decides when he grows and when he shrinks back to his old size so his body won't be overworked.''
'' Oh! Well, do you think he can grow? I've always wanted to ride a manticore.'' Alura requested while hopping with excitement. Pawn snapped her fingers catching Blaze's attention. '' Blaze, you know what to do buddy.'' With that said, Blaze grew to the size of Fang possibly even a bit bigger, capable of having two passengers on his back. Alura's eyes grew wide with surprise.'' WOW! He's huge!'' She exclaimed. '' Yup, want to ride him around Skull Island before we meet the captain? We have plenty of time.'' Pawn suggested as she mounted Blaze. Alura grabbed their bags then hopped on Blaze behind her sister. In a cloud of smoke, they arrived at Skull Island. '' Ready Alura?''
'' Yea! Let’s fly!''
With a running start, Blaze launched from the ground to mid-air at top speed. He didn't go very high since he was already tiring from the massive size difference, so the girls soon found themselves back on the ground in a few minutes. As the sisters dismounted, Blaze shrunk back to his normal size, heaving with fatigue. Pawn picked him up from the ground thinking it was the least she could do for the poor scrap. '' Hmm, something just occurred to me.'' Pawn said as she rested Blaze's head on her shoulder. '' What? Is it something bad?''
'' Not really, I just thought of the fact that we don't know where our captain lives.''
'' Hmm, I think we just teleport there. We can try it when the time comes, it should work.'' Alura suggested as the girls walked down the left ramp of Avery's mansion.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
949
[OOC: I guess since Gillian is no longer able to post on the message board, (hopefully that's not for long) we need to work out what to do with her character.
Do we:
A)Drink tea and carry on? We simply continue the story without Gillian and go to Mooshu.
B)Have someone else take Gillian's character and we continue on to Mooshu.
C)Turn the story into a search for a missing Gillian? (I have a glimmer of an idea on how to start this.)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Jade paused just outside of that particular doorway, listening to Captain Katherine's words without turning around. When the Captain had finished her apology, Jade hesitated, not quite knowing what to say. She could say many things, but none of them really seemed right. Finally she came across something she thought might work. "You did what you believed was right." She spoke, her voice taking on a husky tone once again. Jade turned and looked in her Captain's direction, and she ended up looking Sly right in the eye without even knowing it, which unnerved everyone who noticed. "However, my initial reaction regarding Miriam still stands." She paused for a long moment, letting her words sink in. Then she spoke again. "I shall accompany Alura and Pawn to the initiation. I might learn something new, as I was unable to read the form that you gave me." Jade turned on her heel and strode out of the room to pack.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
CdeWinter on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
[OOC: I guess since Gillian is no longer able to post on the message board, (hopefully that's not for long) we need to work out what to do with her character.
Do we:
A)Drink tea and carry on? We simply continue the story without Gillian and go to Mooshu.
B)Have someone else take Gillian's character and we continue on to Mooshu.
C)Turn the story into a search for a missing Gillian? (I have a glimmer of an idea on how to start this.)
I like option (C), Scarlet. I'd like to see what you invent here.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
56
CdeWinter on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
[OOC: I guess since Gillian is no longer able to post on the message board, (hopefully that's not for long) we need to work out what to do with her character.
Do we:
A)Drink tea and carry on? We simply continue the story without Gillian and go to Mooshu.
B)Have someone else take Gillian's character and we continue on to Mooshu.
C)Turn the story into a search for a missing Gillian? (I have a glimmer of an idea on how to start this.)
I'm going to agree with Ann ( if I may call you that ) a search for Gillian would make the role play very interesting.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
CdeWinter on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
[OOC: I guess since Gillian is no longer able to post on the message board, (hopefully that's not for long) we need to work out what to do with her character.
Do we:
A)Drink tea and carry on? We simply continue the story without Gillian and go to Mooshu.
B)Have someone else take Gillian's character and we continue on to Mooshu.
C)Turn the story into a search for a missing Gillian? (I have a glimmer of an idea on how to start this.)
Mine suggestion would be that we should be a juggling de options A and C. We should attempt a search fer our beloved capitan, but we should also guard against a surprise raid from Hamimitsu.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
949
The Undead Obeah on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
Mine suggestion would be that we should be a juggling de options A and C. We should attempt a search fer our beloved capitan, but we should also guard against a surprise raid from Hamimitsu.
[Sorry Omar, I'm not sure how to juggle ideas A and C, unless we split into two groups and you take part A?
]

Scarlet had just given Gillian permission to board the Jolly Rover and had turned her back to compose her thoughts, when she heard a sharp yelp behind her. Scarlet whipped around just in time to see Gillian falling sideways from the gangplank.

Scarlet quickly grabbed a nearby rope and tossed it down to Gillian who was still floating in the aether next to Scarlet's ship. Gillian reached for the rope looking both relieved and a little embarassed. But Gillian's look of relief quickly turned to shock as a giant squid tentacle reached out from the clouds and grabber her ankle, pulling Gillian down into the cloud layer.

"Um, did Captain Gillian just get eaten by a giant sky squid?" Jenny asked as she stared wide-eyed down into the clouds.

"Non, she did not. Sky squids are not made of metal." Scarlet replied quietly, "Jenny, you need to find ze owzers, I 'ave some research to do."

[OOC: Perhaps not the best ever, but at least Gillian's disappearence is somewhat explained.
Anne, I hope that you figure out rather quickly what I'm loosly basing this on, I don't want to ruin the surprise and say it out loud, but as a hint, I think we might have to visit a certain human whaler in Marleybone]

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
CdeWinter on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
[Sorry Omar, I'm not sure how to juggle ideas A and C, unless we split into two groups and you take part A?
]

Scarlet had just given Gillian permission to board the Jolly Rover and had turned her back to compose her thoughts, when she heard a sharp yelp behind her. Scarlet whipped around just in time to see Gillian falling sideways from the gangplank.

Scarlet quickly grabbed a nearby rope and tossed it down to Gillian who was still floating in the aether next to Scarlet's ship. Gillian reached for the rope looking both relieved and a little embarassed. But Gillian's look of relief quickly turned to shock as a giant squid tentacle reached out from the clouds and grabber her ankle, pulling Gillian down into the cloud layer.

"Um, did Captain Gillian just get eaten by a giant sky squid?" Jenny asked as she stared wide-eyed down into the clouds.

"Non, she did not. Sky squids are not made of metal." Scarlet replied quietly, "Jenny, you need to find ze owzers, I 'ave some research to do."

[OOC: Perhaps not the best ever, but at least Gillian's disappearence is somewhat explained.
Anne, I hope that you figure out rather quickly what I'm loosly basing this on, I don't want to ruin the surprise and say it out loud, but as a hint, I think we might have to visit a certain human whaler in Marleybone]
[I like it! I shall be coy and suggest this plot is an allusion to the skills of a certain Mr. N , yes? I assume the rest of us are on the docks and were horrified witnesses to this?]

Meri cried out with shock as Captain Gillian disappeared into the clouds, perhaps forever. The next instant she realized that she had a job to do, and not just react to the horrible event. Jade had given up her amulet of power, the one that gave her the semblance of a sense of sight. While Meri knew that Jade's other senses would be sharpened and superior to compensate for the lost sight, she knew her new duty: to be Jade's eyes when she could.

"Oi, Lady Jade!" Meri quickly explained, her voice trembling. "A giant squid just done ate our cap'n!" She made haste to explain what she saw. "The cap'n had slipped off the gangplank, but she caught a line and was safe, and then this very silvery, shiny tentacle done come up and snatch 'er away!"

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
CdeWinter on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
[Sorry Omar, I'm not sure how to juggle ideas A and C, unless we split into two groups and you take part A?
]

Scarlet had just given Gillian permission to board the Jolly Rover and had turned her back to compose her thoughts, when she heard a sharp yelp behind her. Scarlet whipped around just in time to see Gillian falling sideways from the gangplank.

Scarlet quickly grabbed a nearby rope and tossed it down to Gillian who was still floating in the aether next to Scarlet's ship. Gillian reached for the rope looking both relieved and a little embarassed. But Gillian's look of relief quickly turned to shock as a giant squid tentacle reached out from the clouds and grabber her ankle, pulling Gillian down into the cloud layer.

"Um, did Captain Gillian just get eaten by a giant sky squid?" Jenny asked as she stared wide-eyed down into the clouds.

"Non, she did not. Sky squids are not made of metal." Scarlet replied quietly, "Jenny, you need to find ze owzers, I 'ave some research to do."

[OOC: Perhaps not the best ever, but at least Gillian's disappearence is somewhat explained.
Anne, I hope that you figure out rather quickly what I'm loosly basing this on, I don't want to ruin the surprise and say it out loud, but as a hint, I think we might have to visit a certain human whaler in Marleybone]
(Understood. This seems to be a far better route. By the way Bacon, I am do sorry about me taking your amulet. I thought you only showed it to me. But, I might as well learn a bit about it.)

Omar didn't realise he had taken the Amulet until he got to his house ( Houngan's Hollow he calls it though it's the Witchdoctor house with a few tweaks). He was about to go back and return it before his curiosity overcame him. He completed his packing before studying it. He was intrigued at the potency and intricate patterns on the talisman. He heard of the White Witch of Polaris from his servitude with her, but was not told much. From this treasure alone, he was awed at what this mysterious Witch could do. Curious, a trait that usually got him into trouble, he put it on to feel the burden Jade suffers from.
He went blind.
Startled and fearful, he grabbed The Lantern if the Crone, which instead of the jawless skull flaming, it glowed an eerie and bright glow. Omar gasped when, from the darkness, he saw the Relic's light shine and reveal his left arm as what he really was. Frightened, he yanked the amulet off his neck and his sight, though incredibly blurry, was slowly restored.
Before he could register this discovery, he felt a powerful feeling of dread and foreboding that overcame him. He knew something was off and quickly stuffed Jade's amulet and the Torch into his satchel, snatched his staff, and transported into the docks, nearly falling off the edge. He then quickly repaired his enchantments on his arm and ran to the group, not knowing the quartz crystal that was his right eye was revealed.
"Oy Jade!" He called out "First, here's yer amulet. Mine apologies for taking it. And second, what happened?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
OOC: It's fine, Omar, you character keeping the amulet was completely intentional -- Jade thought that Omar would be able to do good with the amulet where she had failed to do so. I apologize for the confusion.
~
Jade remained silent for several moments after listening to Meri, her mouth open slightly from shock. She sighed. "Just like that." Jade said, obviously not very pleased.

Fang padded away from Jade and leaned off of the dock, sticking his face into the cloudy area. He snarled and his hackles raised, each individual hair sticking straight up as if he had just been electrified. He gave the clouds one last good growl and then trotted back over to Jade, an air of achievement about him. Jade leaped up and onto his saddle, still thinking about what to do. Her thinking was interrupted when Omar came crashing to the docks, and out of sheer habit, in that split second she had drawn her arrow and pointed it in Omar's direction, though because of her blindness, he had no need to fear as her aim was off. Omar then quickly apologized for taking her amulet, then asked what had happened. "Please, keep the amulet. You can do more good with it than I can. As for what has happened? Captain Katherine was dragged below the clouds by a sky squid, simple as that." She replied, putting her bow and arrows away.

"I think that Captain Katherine would want us to continue her mission." Jade spoke, keeping a surprisingly calm tone about her. She was clearly very bothered about what had happened with her captain, but she knew that if the others didn't know what to do, then all could be in chaos. She might as well make a suggestion. "Omar, Raven, I believe that you two should travel to Mooshu and guard against an armada attack, continue our original mission. Fang will accompany you, to help as best he can." Her head didn't move, but Jade re-directed her attention to the Polarian sisters. "It's up to you two whether or not you want to be split up, but Jenny seems to have a good fighting sense and Scarlet, a brilliant mind. I believe that Jenny could help Omar and Raven while Scarlet can try and figure out what happened to our Captain."

Jade paused, thinking very hard about what she and Meri should do. "I don't believe I'll be the best person to guard against an attack in Hamimistu," she gestured at her blind eyes, "so I think I should try and help Scarlet the best I can. Of course, what all of you do is completely up to you." Jade lowered her voice to signify talking to Meri, who was closest to her. Not in secrecy, just she wasn't directing this to the whole group. "Meri, what do you want to do?"

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
56
Alura and Pawn stared at the spot where their captain had disappeared. '' Well, looks like we're not meeting up with her anytime soon. '' Pawn said with a smirk which quickly vanished when she received a sharp look from Alura. The sisters turned their attentions to Jade, who was giving orders to the rest of the group. They cautiously approached with Blaze trotting beside them, wondering if it was the right time to ask a question that was probably not the brightest. Pawn straitened to her full height and spoke with deep base in her voice, giving Jade a threating look. '' And what do you suppose me and Alura do? ''

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
949
Just Add Bacon on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
OOC: It's fine, Omar, you character keeping the amulet was completely intentional -- Jade thought that Omar would be able to do good with the amulet where she had failed to do so. I apologize for the confusion.
~
Jade remained silent for several moments after listening to Meri, her mouth open slightly from shock. She sighed. "Just like that." Jade said, obviously not very pleased.

Fang padded away from Jade and leaned off of the dock, sticking his face into the cloudy area. He snarled and his hackles raised, each individual hair sticking straight up as if he had just been electrified. He gave the clouds one last good growl and then trotted back over to Jade, an air of achievement about him. Jade leaped up and onto his saddle, still thinking about what to do. Her thinking was interrupted when Omar came crashing to the docks, and out of sheer habit, in that split second she had drawn her arrow and pointed it in Omar's direction, though because of her blindness, he had no need to fear as her aim was off. Omar then quickly apologized for taking her amulet, then asked what had happened. "Please, keep the amulet. You can do more good with it than I can. As for what has happened? Captain Katherine was dragged below the clouds by a sky squid, simple as that." She replied, putting her bow and arrows away.

"I think that Captain Katherine would want us to continue her mission." Jade spoke, keeping a surprisingly calm tone about her. She was clearly very bothered about what had happened with her captain, but she knew that if the others didn't know what to do, then all could be in chaos. She might as well make a suggestion. "Omar, Raven, I believe that you two should travel to Mooshu and guard against an armada attack, continue our original mission. Fang will accompany you, to help as best he can." Her head didn't move, but Jade re-directed her attention to the Polarian sisters. "It's up to you two whether or not you want to be split up, but Jenny seems to have a good fighting sense and Scarlet, a brilliant mind. I believe that Jenny could help Omar and Raven while Scarlet can try and figure out what happened to our Captain."

Jade paused, thinking very hard about what she and Meri should do. "I don't believe I'll be the best person to guard against an attack in Hamimistu," she gestured at her blind eyes, "so I think I should try and help Scarlet the best I can. Of course, what all of you do is completely up to you." Jade lowered her voice to signify talking to Meri, who was closest to her. Not in secrecy, just she wasn't directing this to the whole group. "Meri, what do you want to do?"
Jenny looked at the other pirates all standing around on the dock discussing Captain Gillian's recent disapearence. Strange, I don't remember seeing all of them there before, maybe Scarlet's right, I do have to pay better attention. Jenny thought, then cleared her voice to try and get everybody's attention.

"I zink you would all be more comfortable in our officer's mess? Scarlet is probably in 'er study right now going zrough 'er books, I can show you all ze way." Jenny said rather timidly. She definetly wasn't use to giving commands to complete strangers yet, she still relied on Scarlet to take charge most of the time.

Jenny led the group down into the ship's hold and into a modestly furnished room set just under Scarlet's own cabin.
The room contained a few bookshelves filled with thick books and papers, a couple of chests and a long heavy wooden table that sat in the middle of the room surounded by heavy, but comfy looking wooden chairs. Besides the doorway leading into the room, there were two other doors, one leading to Jenny's cabin and the other to the second mate's cabin. (OOC: In terms of roleplays, Jenny acts as Scarlet's first mate and has control of the ship whenever Scarlet is not around) The wall's themselves were adorned with various maps and paintings depicting various regions of the spiral, although the largest painting in the room was one depicting Marleybone's Queen Victoria.

"I am sure Scarlet will be back soon," Jenny announced as she sat down in her usual place next to the head of the table, "Zen we can determine our course of action better."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Ruthless Alura Bri... on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
Alura and Pawn stared at the spot where their captain had disappeared. '' Well, looks like we're not meeting up with her anytime soon. '' Pawn said with a smirk which quickly vanished when she received a sharp look from Alura. The sisters turned their attentions to Jade, who was giving orders to the rest of the group. They cautiously approached with Blaze trotting beside them, wondering if it was the right time to ask a question that was probably not the brightest. Pawn straitened to her full height and spoke with deep base in her voice, giving Jade a threating look. '' And what do you suppose me and Alura do? ''
Jade flinched when she heard Pawn's voice appear from out of nowhere behind her, and completely oblivious to Pawn's threatening stance, she sighed. "I don't know for sure," Jade admitted, "It's up to you two what you would like to do. I respect your decision no matter what you choose."