On swallows, coconuts, and witches.

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
431
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? How does this change when you make the swallow carry a coconut? If two swallows are carrying a coconut, does it matter if they both grip the husk?
If she weighs the same as the duck, is made of wood, and is thus a witch, does weighing the same as a swallow mean anything? What if you weigh the same as a swallow carrying a coconut?
If a witch throws a coconut at a swallow, does the swallow catch it?
That wonderful documentary 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' didn't answer these questions for me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9069
Kai Alcott on Sep 19, 2017 wrote:
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? How does this change when you make the swallow carry a coconut? If two swallows are carrying a coconut, does it matter if they both grip the husk?
If she weighs the same as the duck, is made of wood, and is thus a witch, does weighing the same as a swallow mean anything? What if you weigh the same as a swallow carrying a coconut?
If a witch throws a coconut at a swallow, does the swallow catch it?
That wonderful documentary 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' didn't answer these questions for me.
I believe the swallow weighs 2 ounces. The coconut weighs 5 lbs. The method of two swallows carrying the coconut in tandem was to use a vine as a type of net. ( 2 ounces X 2 gives you 4 ounces, the weight of the coconut is distributed between the two birds. )
A duck weighs more than a swallow, the requirement to be a witch is to weigh as much as a duck ( or less ) which pretty much covers this weighty matter.
The swallow ducks the coconut of course.
Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
Kai Alcott on Sep 19, 2017 wrote:
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? How does this change when you make the swallow carry a coconut? If two swallows are carrying a coconut, does it matter if they both grip the husk?
If she weighs the same as the duck, is made of wood, and is thus a witch, does weighing the same as a swallow mean anything? What if you weigh the same as a swallow carrying a coconut?
If a witch throws a coconut at a swallow, does the swallow catch it?
That wonderful documentary 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' didn't answer these questions for me.
whaaaaaaaaaat? sorry but I couldn't tell ya.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
431
anecorbie on Sep 19, 2017 wrote:
I believe the swallow weighs 2 ounces. The coconut weighs 5 lbs. The method of two swallows carrying the coconut in tandem was to use a vine as a type of net. ( 2 ounces X 2 gives you 4 ounces, the weight of the coconut is distributed between the two birds. )
A duck weighs more than a swallow, the requirement to be a witch is to weigh as much as a duck ( or less ) which pretty much covers this weighty matter.
The swallow ducks the coconut of course.
Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Ravens don't like writing desks. There was a great war between the Ravens and the Writing Desks thousands of years ago. The ravens won; The Raven was written by Edgar Allen Poe as a treaty. He adapted it to be a poem because he was a greedy man.

On a scale of 1 to 10, what is the best color of the alphabet?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
285
Kai Alcott on Sep 19, 2017 wrote:
Ravens don't like writing desks. There was a great war between the Ravens and the Writing Desks thousands of years ago. The ravens won; The Raven was written by Edgar Allen Poe as a treaty. He adapted it to be a poem because he was a greedy man.

On a scale of 1 to 10, what is the best color of the alphabet?
What the heck? Who are you and what have you done with kai?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1344
kingme655 on Sep 21, 2017 wrote:
What the heck? Who are you and what have you done with kai?
L.O.L.!

If that last sentence was a reference to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., you have my very-long-lasting respect.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
285
Helpful Aurora Par... on Sep 22, 2017 wrote:
L.O.L.!

If that last sentence was a reference to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., you have my very-long-lasting respect.
Its not since I have never seen that. I actually thought it was a very common phrase. I guess no respect for me.

Fairwell pirates!

Silent ethan sharp level 70

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1344
kingme655 on Sep 23, 2017 wrote:
Its not since I have never seen that. I actually thought it was a very common phrase. I guess no respect for me.

Fairwell pirates!

Silent ethan sharp level 70
It is quite a common phrase. I was just wondering.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9069
kingme655 on Sep 23, 2017 wrote:
Its not since I have never seen that. I actually thought it was a very common phrase. I guess no respect for me.

Fairwell pirates!

Silent ethan sharp level 70
It is a very common phrase and very much older than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I can't tell you the origins, but it was in use when I was a teen ( in the stone age, yo! ).

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
431
kingme655 on Sep 21, 2017 wrote:
What the heck? Who are you and what have you done with kai?
I don't remember who you are I've been gone for three years. I'm soooorrryyyyy. Please remind me?

I'm me. I've considering deleting Kai, my first Pirate101 character, but he's also my highest level character, so he's still there. The only one who's gotten through Cool Ranch.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
285
Kai Alcott on Sep 23, 2017 wrote:
I don't remember who you are I've been gone for three years. I'm soooorrryyyyy. Please remind me?

I'm me. I've considering deleting Kai, my first Pirate101 character, but he's also my highest level character, so he's still there. The only one who's gotten through Cool Ranch.
Its impossible to remember me since I came here after you went away for a couple years. And deleting your first, and highest level pirate is not a good idea.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
anecorbie on Sep 23, 2017 wrote:
It is a very common phrase and very much older than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I can't tell you the origins, but it was in use when I was a teen ( in the stone age, yo! ).
o. o? really? XD