Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kingsisle Should Support Family Friendly Streamers

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
1 of my Pirate 101 friends made an interesting statement tonight, they mentioned the fact that several times during Kingsisle Live Leah and Tom recommended watching Blaze Lifehammer videos. My friend made the point that Blaze Lifehammer has only uploaded 2 Pirate 101 videos this year whereas there are at least 2 family friendly Pirate 101 Twitch streamers that do at least 1 stream a week. My friend didn't think it was right that Leah and Tom never gave either Twitch streamer (Frog_Man3030 or myself rrrrzzzz) a recommendation to watch during Kingsisle Live. I still enjoy streaming Pirate 101 (and a city building game I play) even without Kingsisle recommending people watch me, but I do feel it would be nice if our new community manager along with Leah would recommend Kingsisle Frog and I's streams.

I also think it would be nice if Kingsisle partnered with Twitch to add Pirate 101 drops that could be enabled during Kingsisle Live as well as during Frog and I's streams where viewers could earn in game items (including a possible special eyepatch with the Twitch logo on it only available this way) just by watching: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/kingsisle-should-add-drops-to-twitch-8ad6a4256343f59e01634c5e23643c60

I hope to hear good feedback on this.

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch. If you have not followed me it isn't too late to give me a follow, I would appreciate it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 15, 2018 wrote:
1 of my Pirate 101 friends made an interesting statement tonight, they mentioned the fact that several times during Kingsisle Live Leah and Tom recommended watching Blaze Lifehammer videos. My friend made the point that Blaze Lifehammer has only uploaded 2 Pirate 101 videos this year whereas there are at least 2 family friendly Pirate 101 Twitch streamers that do at least 1 stream a week. My friend didn't think it was right that Leah and Tom never gave either Twitch streamer (Frog_Man3030 or myself rrrrzzzz) a recommendation to watch during Kingsisle Live. I still enjoy streaming Pirate 101 (and a city building game I play) even without Kingsisle recommending people watch me, but I do feel it would be nice if our new community manager along with Leah would recommend Kingsisle Frog and I's streams.

I also think it would be nice if Kingsisle partnered with Twitch to add Pirate 101 drops that could be enabled during Kingsisle Live as well as during Frog and I's streams where viewers could earn in game items (including a possible special eyepatch with the Twitch logo on it only available this way) just by watching: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/kingsisle-should-add-drops-to-twitch-8ad6a4256343f59e01634c5e23643c60

I hope to hear good feedback on this.

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch. If you have not followed me it isn't too late to give me a follow, I would appreciate it!
When you have as many viewers as Blaze Lifehammer, then you can request KI to feature your videos/streams.
If Leah or Bat begin mentioning other streamers during KingsIsle Live broadcasts, there wouldn't be enough time for the important news.
KI Live also covers W101 news, so mentioning Blaze is correct; if P101 updated frequently, then Blaze would have a subject to feature in his videos.
His play-throughs are good, he comments clearly & well, his advice on fighting certain bosses are right on - and he doesn't skip over the dialogue. This is why he is popular and why KI mentioned his videos.

Administrator
Hi! We support all streamers that stream the game without breaking any rules or guidelines for community support and protection. If anyone streams and tweets out their stream, let us know!

We'll take a look at what options there are for partnering with Twitch, this is a good idea to consider.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
I highly agree with this RRRRZZZZ guy since as small as the Pirate101 community is, it can use any support it can get right now. I feel as though this can also help the game overall since maybe it might bring new players into Pirate, and maybe increase our small community.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Bat Masterson on Aug 16, 2018 wrote:
Hi! We support all streamers that stream the game without breaking any rules or guidelines for community support and protection. If anyone streams and tweets out their stream, let us know!

We'll take a look at what options there are for partnering with Twitch, this is a good idea to consider.

Thanks for the thoughts!
That is great to hear!

While Kingsisle is looking into this I wanted to post what I know to possibly help Kingsisle in this decision.

1. Frog_Man3030 and rrrrzzzz (myself) are both Twitch affiliates who stream Pirate 101 at least once a week, sometimes as much as 3 times a week. Being Twitch affiliates if we were streaming a game company partnered with Twitch he could enable loot drops on our channels, however Pirate 101 does not have this currently. Twitch affiliates have at least 50 followers (we both have over 100), and considering that we are bringing good attention to the game.

2. Games that partner with Twitch reward viewers of their games because if they watch 20 minutes, 30 minutes, or 1 hour (depending on how the partnered company chose to set it up), they get an item they can redeem in game (in this case they would need to link their Kingsisle account with their Twitch account, and after doing so could earn items which would be waiting the next time they logged into Pirate 101 that could be redeemed on any pirate in their account.

3. Games that partner with Twitch have access to data on their games the way I understand it, meaning they can see how many people streamed their games and how many people watched their games on any given day withing the past 2 month period.

4. If Kingsisle partnered would Twitch, regular Pirate 101 streamers that are also members could have their forums name show up in purple (the main color in the Twitch logo) with Twitch streamer underneath their name.

Before I end this reply I wanted to suggest what the Pirate 101 Twitch loot table could look like:

Twitchy Eye - A special eyepatch with the Twitch logo on it that can only be earned by watching Pirate 101 Twitch streams.

Ashes Of The Armada Pack - 1 Pack

Grizzly Beast Booster Pack - 1 Pack

Tribal Crew Pack - 1 Pack

Mega Snack Pack - 1 Pack

Snack Pack - 1 Pack

100 Crowns

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 15, 2018 wrote:
When you have as many viewers as Blaze Lifehammer, then you can request KI to feature your videos/streams.
If Leah or Bat begin mentioning other streamers during KingsIsle Live broadcasts, there wouldn't be enough time for the important news.
KI Live also covers W101 news, so mentioning Blaze is correct; if P101 updated frequently, then Blaze would have a subject to feature in his videos.
His play-throughs are good, he comments clearly & well, his advice on fighting certain bosses are right on - and he doesn't skip over the dialogue. This is why he is popular and why KI mentioned his videos.
I never said it was incorrect to mention Blaze, what I said was it was unfair to mention him without mentioning the Twitch affiliates that regularly stream Pirate 101 as well.

Kingsisle Live is typically 90 minutes, so there would be time to mention the Twitch affiliates (Frog_Man3030 and rrrrzzzz) as well as Blaze Lifehammer, all that would take less than 90 seconds.

Also, Twitch affiliates do make a little money for their hard work as they must meet certain goals to become a Twitch affiliate, such as having 50 followers (Frog_Man3030 and rrrrzzzz both have over 100). It is very unfair for you to ignore twitch affiliates considering if you add up the total viewers for all our streams this year it would likely add up to a number comparable to the total number number of views for Blaze Lifehammer's 2 Pirate 101 videos this year. Nothing against Blaze Lifehammer, but we have been putting in way more hours of Pirate 101 content this year than he has, though Blaze Lifehammer's videos were well done. Our streams were well done too. I am glad Kingsisle has Blaze Lifehammer but they have 2 family friendly Twitch affiliates as well that should not be ignored. I will conclude by asking where does Kingsisle broadcast Kingsisle Live live? The answer, Twitch, it gets uploaded to You Tube 1-2 business days later, case closed. If Kingsisle didn't have Twiitch say goodbye to Kingsisle Live as we know it, and I think almost everyone else would choose to continue Kingsisle Live as it is.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

Ensign
Aug 05, 2016
Doesn't this kind of come off as you just wanting more attention? Blaze mainly covers wizards, just because he doesn't make many pirate videos doesn't mean he's any less deserving of getting mentioned in a KI live. He's one of the most popular Wiz/Pirate Youtubers and has well over 100k subscribers. You and Frogman barely pull in enough views on most of your streams yet you want a shout out. I'm not saying your streams are bad, but you guys don't have that big of a following to really make it seem worth it to shout you guys out.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 16, 2018 wrote:
I never said it was incorrect to mention Blaze, what I said was it was unfair to mention him without mentioning the Twitch affiliates that regularly stream Pirate 101 as well.

Kingsisle Live is typically 90 minutes, so there would be time to mention the Twitch affiliates (Frog_Man3030 and rrrrzzzz) as well as Blaze Lifehammer, all that would take less than 90 seconds.

Also, Twitch affiliates do make a little money for their hard work as they must meet certain goals to become a Twitch affiliate, such as having 50 followers (Frog_Man3030 and rrrrzzzz both have over 100). It is very unfair for you to ignore twitch affiliates considering if you add up the total viewers for all our streams this year it would likely add up to a number comparable to the total number number of views for Blaze Lifehammer's 2 Pirate 101 videos this year. Nothing against Blaze Lifehammer, but we have been putting in way more hours of Pirate 101 content this year than he has, though Blaze Lifehammer's videos were well done. Our streams were well done too. I am glad Kingsisle has Blaze Lifehammer but they have 2 family friendly Twitch affiliates as well that should not be ignored. I will conclude by asking where does Kingsisle broadcast Kingsisle Live live? The answer, Twitch, it gets uploaded to You Tube 1-2 business days later, case closed. If Kingsisle didn't have Twiitch say goodbye to Kingsisle Live as we know it, and I think almost everyone else would choose to continue Kingsisle Live as it is.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!
So you say that Blaze is lacking in P101 videos and that you are putting out more content on the game - I'm going to ask you one thing: What are you showing? Is it something all P101 players have experienced umpteen times?
Blaze is more interested to show what's new, his videos have quality over quantity. When P101 updates, I'm sure Blaze will be making more pirate videos.
As to it's being "unfair" that you and your friend aren't mentioned; your numbers are very much lower than Blaze's views. And what about other P101 streamers? Live streamers pop up all the time, and they go just as fast. You have been doing this less than a year; Blaze has shown consistency over years of videos.
Earn your dues, before demanding equal time.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 17, 2018 wrote:
So you say that Blaze is lacking in P101 videos and that you are putting out more content on the game - I'm going to ask you one thing: What are you showing? Is it something all P101 players have experienced umpteen times?
Blaze is more interested to show what's new, his videos have quality over quantity. When P101 updates, I'm sure Blaze will be making more pirate videos.
As to it's being "unfair" that you and your friend aren't mentioned; your numbers are very much lower than Blaze's views. And what about other P101 streamers? Live streamers pop up all the time, and they go just as fast. You have been doing this less than a year; Blaze has shown consistency over years of videos.
I will respond to your last comment first, I have earned my duos by putting in hours of hard week to stream Pirate 101 on Twitch regularly.

One thing people get to see with my Twitch is something a lot of people experience in game, constant farming of Captain Blood, Kane, and Moo Manchu something 1 You Tube video can't show you.

I also will be interested to show what's new.

You are comparing 1 stream to 1 video but that is not a fair comparison it's more like 20 streams to 1 video.

I regularly show Pirate 101 on Twitch typically 2-3 days a week.

Consistency matters.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 17, 2018 wrote:
Please don't squish Pirate's cheerleaders. RRRRZZZZ419 is pretty enthusiastic about Pirate, don't think any can deny that. There is a bit of sibling rivalry at play here, wizard and pirate sibs. People want both games to do well and grow, but pirates see all the attention the wizards get, and their castles full of loot, and they are pirates after all.

It's in everyone's interest to have more on the web showing the coolness of the games and their communities. I bet KI would love more of them, to bring in new players.

It is totally up to KI who they want to shout out to, and takes nothing away from Blaze, if they mention others. As for asking for a shout out, that harms no one either. Meanwhile, we can try to fight the green eyed monster (envy).

As you mention, RRRRZZZZ419 has not been doing the stream very long, and is learning as he goes. How about specific suggestions of things you would like to see him stream, which you haven't seen before? Should he do tutorials for new players? Do some pirate house tours of nice houses, ala Page Moonshade? (I'd like that one myself.) A friendly grudge match of PVP, Anecorbie vs. RRRRZZZZ419? What would be fun to see? Max pirates running a team gear and crew-less through as high a level dungeon as they can?

Trying to keep all it friendly. Like "Stumbleberry Finkbat" and "Space Adventure", both are good!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Aug 19, 2018 wrote:
Please don't squish Pirate's cheerleaders. RRRRZZZZ419 is pretty enthusiastic about Pirate, don't think any can deny that. There is a bit of sibling rivalry at play here, wizard and pirate sibs. People want both games to do well and grow, but pirates see all the attention the wizards get, and their castles full of loot, and they are pirates after all.

It's in everyone's interest to have more on the web showing the coolness of the games and their communities. I bet KI would love more of them, to bring in new players.

It is totally up to KI who they want to shout out to, and takes nothing away from Blaze, if they mention others. As for asking for a shout out, that harms no one either. Meanwhile, we can try to fight the green eyed monster (envy).

As you mention, RRRRZZZZ419 has not been doing the stream very long, and is learning as he goes. How about specific suggestions of things you would like to see him stream, which you haven't seen before? Should he do tutorials for new players? Do some pirate house tours of nice houses, ala Page Moonshade? (I'd like that one myself.) A friendly grudge match of PVP, Anecorbie vs. RRRRZZZZ419? What would be fun to see? Max pirates running a team gear and crew-less through as high a level dungeon as they can?

Trying to keep all it friendly. Like "Stumbleberry Finkbat" and "Space Adventure", both are good!
Tutorials would be great! As you may recall, in the first 2 years of P101 a new pirate choosing to go through the "escape" tutorial received not only battle instruction, but also a small ship tutorial in broadside combat - they don't offer that any more.

A ship tutorial covering how to get nautical experience from setting tasks to crew, how to fight Scylla, where to get scrip, or even what the various ship equipment does.
I am sorry I was sounding a bit harsh, TY, Calamity, for helping.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
Tutorials would be great! As you may recall, in the first 2 years of P101 a new pirate choosing to go through the "escape" tutorial received not only battle instruction, but also a small ship tutorial in broadside combat - they don't offer that any more.

A ship tutorial covering how to get nautical experience from setting tasks to crew, how to fight Scylla, where to get scrip, or even what the various ship equipment does.
I am sorry I was sounding a bit harsh, TY, Calamity, for helping.
I also think good tutorial info is the sort of thing likely to get RRRRZZZ419 that shout out he was interested in. I imagine KI has a strong interest in getting useful info to new players that will help them be successful and give them reasons to stick around and level up for more fun adventures and fabulous loot.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Calamity Finch on Aug 19, 2018 wrote:

Well I have be streaming for 6 months now enough to have now done 42 live episodes of my main Twitch series. I really like what I have been doing, and I think the people that watch me realize that not many people showcase Pirate regularly anymore.

As for your ideas, if everyone is OK with it, I would like this thread to become a place to send my ideas for feature things I could show. A PVP match vs Esperanza Devereaux would be very interesting, I'm up for it so long as it's unranked. A couple followers of mine have also said they would like to see guides (tutorials are in a very similar category) so that is something I might do in the near future, I have a lot of options there. Also, Calamity Finch has an interesting idea regarding teams running a high level dungeon with certain crew and gear, my Privateer Die No already has 38 companions that I have experimented with so livestreaming challenges could be fun and entertaining.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
Well I have be streaming for 6 months now enough to have now done 42 live episodes of my main Twitch series. I really like what I have been doing, and I think the people that watch me realize that not many people showcase Pirate regularly anymore.

As for your ideas, if everyone is OK with it, I would like this thread to become a place to send my ideas for feature things I could show. A PVP match vs Esperanza Devereaux would be very interesting, I'm up for it so long as it's unranked. A couple followers of mine have also said they would like to see guides (tutorials are in a very similar category) so that is something I might do in the near future, I have a lot of options there. Also, Calamity Finch has an interesting idea regarding teams running a high level dungeon with certain crew and gear, my Privateer Die No already has 38 companions that I have experimented with so livestreaming challenges could be fun and entertaining.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!
Hmm, this week is a little hectic for me. If ye want to rumble let me know - either Aurora or Dino is welcome to try to put me in my place.

If any of your friends want to come and watch, they're welcome, my houses are unlocked. Better use the smuggler's cove house for this match. I would have too much of an advantage on the tiny pvp arenas of the other houses. Just make sure your friends realize it's a 1 vs 1 match and don't let them join on the sigil.
I posted a "ship tutorial guide" on these boards a while back, if you want ideas on a format, you're welcome to use that.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2018 wrote:
Hmm, this week is a little hectic for me. If ye want to rumble let me know - either Aurora or Dino is welcome to try to put me in my place.

If any of your friends want to come and watch, they're welcome, my houses are unlocked. Better use the smuggler's cove house for this match. I would have too much of an advantage on the tiny pvp arenas of the other houses. Just make sure your friends realize it's a 1 vs 1 match and don't let them join on the sigil.
I posted a "ship tutorial guide" on these boards a while back, if you want ideas on a format, you're welcome to use that.
Definitely interested in rumbling you. Who who you rather take on, A Roar A or Die No, or both of them? Also, what time of day would work best for you and would sometime Friday or Saturday evening work for you? Obviously my Saturday show will be my 44 pack opening, but I could definitely rumble during Friday's show or record us rumbling for my prerecorded mini series that airs on Sunday. If we do rumble I actually would suggest an empty realm in the Spar Chamber, for a few reasons. I am probably going to show off houses on a different show, and last Friday I had 20 people watching my show live and I don't know (even if they didn't join fight) if you would want 20 people in your game house. When I show off houses I will probably have ports off so not even friends can port, but for the fight I would like to have them on if I could. Also if we did it in the Spar Chamber none of my viewers would think you had an advantage. Obviously I don't really care what PVP arena we use, I have sparred in multiple friend's houses but I don't know how my viewers would feel. If you still want to use a game house and you are OK with 20 people though that is fine as well just let me know.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 21, 2018 wrote:
Definitely interested in rumbling you. Who who you rather take on, A Roar A or Die No, or both of them? Also, what time of day would work best for you and would sometime Friday or Saturday evening work for you? Obviously my Saturday show will be my 44 pack opening, but I could definitely rumble during Friday's show or record us rumbling for my prerecorded mini series that airs on Sunday. If we do rumble I actually would suggest an empty realm in the Spar Chamber, for a few reasons. I am probably going to show off houses on a different show, and last Friday I had 20 people watching my show live and I don't know (even if they didn't join fight) if you would want 20 people in your game house. When I show off houses I will probably have ports off so not even friends can port, but for the fight I would like to have them on if I could. Also if we did it in the Spar Chamber none of my viewers would think you had an advantage. Obviously I don't really care what PVP arena we use, I have sparred in multiple friend's houses but I don't know how my viewers would feel. If you still want to use a game house and you are OK with 20 people though that is fine as well just let me know.
A Saturday evening would be best. I don't know about a Spar Chamber match; I feel we can't chance a random joiner/troll trying to mess up your stream ( and you know that someone would do that ). I don't mind 20 people showing up to watch ( what are they going to do, tread on the flower beds? ) They can't damage anything, and if I find a few spinning in my house later, I can always eject them.
I might want to fight Aurora, because I find musketeers a good challenge for me. If you want to do a second match up, I can arrange you to meet up with my Witchdoctor, Silver Isis, and then we could have a witch vs privy match.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
A Saturday evening would be best. I don't know about a Spar Chamber match; I feel we can't chance a random joiner/troll trying to mess up your stream ( and you know that someone would do that ). I don't mind 20 people showing up to watch ( what are they going to do, tread on the flower beds? ) They can't damage anything, and if I find a few spinning in my house later, I can always eject them.
I might want to fight Aurora, because I find musketeers a good challenge for me. If you want to do a second match up, I can arrange you to meet up with my Witchdoctor, Silver Isis, and then we could have a witch vs privy match.
Lets plan on doing our match Saturday 09/01/2018 then. This coming Saturday 08/25/2018 I have the 44 pack opening to do, which will most likely take up the majority of my show. Because you said 20 people watching is fine, then yes we can definitely do the match on your game house. If this sounds good to you it sounds good to me, this is going to be fun! If we can't do the match during the live part of my show typically between 5 PM Central and 7 PM Central, I should be able to record the match for a prerecorded video for my mini series that airs on Sundays at 5 PM Central.

PS: Looks like A Roar A vs Esperanza Devereaux it is, with a potential second match between Die No and Silver Isis.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
I'd love to be there to watch. Spectator Mode: Activate!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
Lets plan on doing our match Saturday 09/01/2018 then. This coming Saturday 08/25/2018 I have the 44 pack opening to do, which will most likely take up the majority of my show. Because you said 20 people watching is fine, then yes we can definitely do the match on your game house. If this sounds good to you it sounds good to me, this is going to be fun! If we can't do the match during the live part of my show typically between 5 PM Central and 7 PM Central, I should be able to record the match for a prerecorded video for my mini series that airs on Sundays at 5 PM Central.

PS: Looks like A Roar A vs Esperanza Devereaux it is, with a potential second match between Die No and Silver Isis.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!
Okey-dokey!