Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

If Astral Spells ever came to Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
104
I wonder how would Astral Spells work if they ever came to P101. Will it be like:
Star Spells: Boosting Stats for an amount of rounds?
Moon Spells: Changing your character to something else?
Sun Spells: Enhancing powers.
Let me know what you guys think!

Lvl 65 Swashbuckler Merciless Richard Chamberlain
Lvl 65 Privateer Fearless Richard Chamberlain
Lvl 65 Musketeer Charming Richard Nightingale
Lvl 65 Merciless Richard Nightingale
Lvl 65 Buccaneer Reckless Richard Chamberlain

P.S. Perhaps you've seen me around?

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
97
Don't we already have powers like these?

Swashbucklers have individual buffs in general while some Swash companions have team buffs.

Witchdoctors have the Ju-Ju spells that benefit everyone on the same side for a certain number of rounds.

Privateers boost the entire team with Will. Muskets give every musket Overwatch for a certain number of rounds.

There are numerous agility buffs and strength buffs both individually and team wide.

The only missing is the ability to change into something else but I think they did a pretty good job of incorporating your other two suggestions already.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
104
aaronlightwalker on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Don't we already have powers like these?

Swashbucklers have individual buffs in general while some Swash companions have team buffs.

Witchdoctors have the Ju-Ju spells that benefit everyone on the same side for a certain number of rounds.

Privateers boost the entire team with Will. Muskets give every musket Overwatch for a certain number of rounds.

There are numerous agility buffs and strength buffs both individually and team wide.

The only missing is the ability to change into something else but I think they did a pretty good job of incorporating your other two suggestions already.
You're actually right. But you know with Kingsisle, they bring out some really cool and surprising things. They might give another use for star spells (if they ever came to p101).

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
97
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
You're actually right. But you know with Kingsisle, they bring out some really cool and surprising things. They might give another use for star spells (if they ever came to p101).
LOL!
True, but I'm always worried about Wizard game mechanics "creep" into Pirate101.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
104
aaronlightwalker on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
LOL!
True, but I'm always worried about Wizard game mechanics "creep" into Pirate101.
Heh, well... Pirate101 did come out after Wizard101 after all. So it's like Wizard101 is Pirate101's parent. The parent always wants the child to be like them, am I right?

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
162
I doubt that the astral spells of wizards would make sense to pirates, and like Aaron said, we already have powers that boost our stats. However, I am confident that we'll be getting a series of secondary trainers some time in the future (who knows, it may already be in progress ). I think it'd be interesting if these secondary powers were morphs of the existing class' powers. For instance, Musketeer + Swashbuckler: blind enemies with smoke bombs or fill the battlefield with hidden traps; Witchdoctor + Buccaneer: crush enemies with the ground itself (earth-bending basically ); Witchdoctor + Privateer: create an army of your own illusion; etc. Just a few ideas. I think it's similar, somewhat, to how the astral spells work, morphing the abilities of existing spells.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
104
Serpent10611 on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
I doubt that the astral spells of wizards would make sense to pirates, and like Aaron said, we already have powers that boost our stats. However, I am confident that we'll be getting a series of secondary trainers some time in the future (who knows, it may already be in progress ). I think it'd be interesting if these secondary powers were morphs of the existing class' powers. For instance, Musketeer + Swashbuckler: blind enemies with smoke bombs or fill the battlefield with hidden traps; Witchdoctor + Buccaneer: crush enemies with the ground itself (earth-bending basically ); Witchdoctor + Privateer: create an army of your own illusion; etc. Just a few ideas. I think it's similar, somewhat, to how the astral spells work, morphing the abilities of existing spells.
Heh, yeah didn't think all this through . Nice ideas though

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
97
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
Heh, well... Pirate101 did come out after Wizard101 after all. So it's like Wizard101 is Pirate101's parent. The parent always wants the child to be like them, am I right?
True, but I hope not too much. I'd hate to see Pirate loss it's uniqueness by borrowing too many things from Wizard.

Some things make sense, yes, like mounts, pets, even some items, gear (my long requested bow) and even clothing, but not everything would fit and allow Pirate to remain the game I like more than Wizard.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
104
aaronlightwalker on Jan 10, 2016 wrote:
True, but I hope not too much. I'd hate to see Pirate loss it's uniqueness by borrowing too many things from Wizard.

Some things make sense, yes, like mounts, pets, even some items, gear (my long requested bow) and even clothing, but not everything would fit and allow Pirate to remain the game I like more than Wizard.
Totally agree!