Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I know who the toymaker is!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
As we all know the next world will likely be an expansion of Valencia but that's not what I am here to talk about back at the end of Aquila we say the note by the "Toymaker" he said he knows how to defeat Kane right? well who would know how to shut down the Armada none other than the creator of them them himself! Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I think that's kind of obvious to all who have finished the present story arc.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
GuyFromSchool on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
As we all know the next world will likely be an expansion of Valencia but that's not what I am here to talk about back at the end of Aquila we say the note by the "Toymaker" he said he knows how to defeat Kane right? well who would know how to shut down the Armada none other than the creator of them them himself! Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this
I am pretty sure Kane isn't aiming to defeat himself after all he has done so far.

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Unfair Angel on Nov 22, 2015 wrote:
I am pretty sure Kane isn't aiming to defeat himself after all he has done so far.
No i think you misread it what i meant was the creator of the clockworks Avery said he was the first

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
I think that's kind of obvious to all who have finished the present story arc.
Really? all the people i have told this about thought this was exciting new information xD

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
GuyFromSchool on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
PLOT TWIST: IT'S EL TORO!!!!!

Nah I'm just kidding. The Toymaker is actually our father.... Yeah... that wasn't funny either was it?

In all seriousness, that is likely the most logical thing to say.

There's something I find interesting that could only occur from over-analysis of a video game. An emperor penguin only lives about 20 years. This means that the Polarian War was fought either shortly before our birth, or during our infancy (and possibly young childhood). Why does this mean anything? Well, the Armada was created sometime during the Polarian War by the Valencians in order to stop Nepoleguin's(I hope I spelled that right) forces. Unfortunately, unicorns aren't real so I can't give a life span for that, however, a horse can live for about 20-35 years(I assume depending on the type of horse). So, it is entirely possible that the Toymaker is still very much alive. Perhaps getting close to the end of his/her life, but alive none-the-less. I probably shouldn't assume the Toymaker is a unicorn, however considering Valencia seems to only be inhabited by unicorns and Armada forces, it's a reasonable guess.

I just find it interesting how close to our birth this Polarian War is. However, this is all just a theory.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
All of you should replay Bishop's Puppet Show - there you will see that the Toymaker has human hands! Obviously he ( or possibly she ) is human and is fairly old. Why base life spans on "real life" animals, we're dealing with fantasy and magical creatures in this world; I believe that these creatures live as long as humans or longer, considering how many orphans are running around.
Think of Captain Steed ( the unicorn we met in Valencia ) he was part of the Resistance against the Armada, he is elderly but not ancient ( I would put him in the same age category as Avery ).
Interesting revelations in W101's Polaris makes it seems as if the Penguin Revolution is just beginning - are they time traveling and how does this affect P101's time line and relationship with Polaris?

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
All of you should replay Bishop's Puppet Show - there you will see that the Toymaker has human hands! Obviously he ( or possibly she ) is human and is fairly old. Why base life spans on "real life" animals, we're dealing with fantasy and magical creatures in this world; I believe that these creatures live as long as humans or longer, considering how many orphans are running around.
Think of Captain Steed ( the unicorn we met in Valencia ) he was part of the Resistance against the Armada, he is elderly but not ancient ( I would put him in the same age category as Avery ).
Interesting revelations in W101's Polaris makes it seems as if the Penguin Revolution is just beginning - are they time traveling and how does this affect P101's time line and relationship with Polaris?
Honestly, I've tried for so long to create a reasonable timeline to link P101 & W101.

My best guess is that P101 comes after W101 and most of the evidence I've found points to this:
WARNING! THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS TO THE STORY OF W101.

1. Skull Island seems very similar to Azteca. Between the plants everywhere and the Aztecasaurs that wander in Ancient Ruins, it's evident. It's very likely that Skull Island, and everything else, was built after the comet destroyed Azteca. This might explain why Skull Island is in many more fragments. Plus, while in Azteca in W101, we see a Monquistan ship had crashed in Azteca. This might account for how the Monquistans would be able to set up a colony(Puerto Mico) without piratical interference.

2. Avernus could easily be Dragonsypre. In the fight against Malistaire in W101 in DS, the eye of the Dragon Titan can be seen open. Before the fight, if you look at the eye, it is closed. This means Malistaire awakened the Dragon Titan. At that point, all it takes is one person to walk up to the dragon and wish for the destruction of DS and presto! Avernus is born.

3. If Polaris is truly the start of the Penguin Revolution, then that would've occurred before the arrest of Napoleguin, and thus, the events of P101. I haven't really played W101 much of late, so I can't speak with certainty on this matter.

4. Marleybone in W101 seems more based on 18th century Great Britain. I swear there are a good number of people with Scottish accents in that game and Scotland & England would "form" Great Britain with the Acts of Union(1707). If I'm wrong about that, then I'm sorry. However, in P101, Marleybone seems more like it's in the Industrial Revolution, so it would be later than the W101 MB if they follow a similar timeline to their real world equivalent.

There is a good amount of evidence to prove me wrong and this really deserves its own board, but this is my best guess.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
I'm over-analyzing rather than just enjoying the "magic". I'm just using life-spans to hopefully get a ballpark estimation to a time line. Of course using real life animals as a scale is highly inaccurate. I just like having a general scale.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
Honestly, I've tried for so long to create a reasonable timeline to link P101 & W101.

My best guess is that P101 comes after W101 and most of the evidence I've found points to this:
WARNING! THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS TO THE STORY OF W101.

1. Skull Island seems very similar to Azteca. Between the plants everywhere and the Aztecasaurs that wander in Ancient Ruins, it's evident. It's very likely that Skull Island, and everything else, was built after the comet destroyed Azteca. This might explain why Skull Island is in many more fragments. Plus, while in Azteca in W101, we see a Monquistan ship had crashed in Azteca. This might account for how the Monquistans would be able to set up a colony(Puerto Mico) without piratical interference.

2. Avernus could easily be Dragonsypre. In the fight against Malistaire in W101 in DS, the eye of the Dragon Titan can be seen open. Before the fight, if you look at the eye, it is closed. This means Malistaire awakened the Dragon Titan. At that point, all it takes is one person to walk up to the dragon and wish for the destruction of DS and presto! Avernus is born.

3. If Polaris is truly the start of the Penguin Revolution, then that would've occurred before the arrest of Napoleguin, and thus, the events of P101. I haven't really played W101 much of late, so I can't speak with certainty on this matter.

4. Marleybone in W101 seems more based on 18th century Great Britain. I swear there are a good number of people with Scottish accents in that game and Scotland & England would "form" Great Britain with the Acts of Union(1707). If I'm wrong about that, then I'm sorry. However, in P101, Marleybone seems more like it's in the Industrial Revolution, so it would be later than the W101 MB if they follow a similar timeline to their real world equivalent.

There is a good amount of evidence to prove me wrong and this really deserves its own board, but this is my best guess.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Well reasoned....except that you must have missed the post where Blind Mew explained the similarities between SI and Azteca ( if I find it again I'll post it ) in this post he said that SI is not Azteca but a colony close to the home world. I don't think you've been to Celestia yet? Otherwise you would see that the above water part of that world is exactly like SI ( even populated by Water Moles ). But SI isn't Celestia, either; again its a world that's near by.
It's obvious that Avernus is the skyway of Dragonspyre - and here we can see the total devestation of a world by the Dragon Titan. Malistaire was attempting to awaken the Titan when a heroic wizard stopped him, and the Titan has since returned to his sleep.
Polaris in W101: I'm indebted to those who are posting walk-throughs on You-Tube: Blaze Lifehammer's are the best IMO. Though he's mostly concerned with the bosses; how to beat them and get the good drops, and not about story ( though I'm glad he doesn't skip dialogue. )
Marleybone and Westminster skyway are connected, no doubt about that. Accents slide around for me, Bonnie Anne has an obvious Scottish accent ( she trills her rs ) but many of the Radicals sport Irish accents. So we must conclude that Albion is a blend of these two countries.
I agree we need a general discussion on this subject on the boards - maybe we can get Blind Mew to shed some light on the subject?

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Hopefully we may all know who the Toymaker is as a fact.
Come on Book 15
Winter is coming, us Pirates need to prepare for the cold

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Plot Twist!!!! It was Avery the WHOLE TIME

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Nov 22, 2015 wrote:
PLOT TWIST: IT'S EL TORO!!!!!

Nah I'm just kidding. The Toymaker is actually our father.... Yeah... that wasn't funny either was it?

In all seriousness, that is likely the most logical thing to say.

There's something I find interesting that could only occur from over-analysis of a video game. An emperor penguin only lives about 20 years. This means that the Polarian War was fought either shortly before our birth, or during our infancy (and possibly young childhood). Why does this mean anything? Well, the Armada was created sometime during the Polarian War by the Valencians in order to stop Nepoleguin's(I hope I spelled that right) forces. Unfortunately, unicorns aren't real so I can't give a life span for that, however, a horse can live for about 20-35 years(I assume depending on the type of horse). So, it is entirely possible that the Toymaker is still very much alive. Perhaps getting close to the end of his/her life, but alive none-the-less. I probably shouldn't assume the Toymaker is a unicorn, however considering Valencia seems to only be inhabited by unicorns and Armada forces, it's a reasonable guess.

I just find it interesting how close to our birth this Polarian War is. However, this is all just a theory.
A game theory thanks for watching!

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
Well reasoned....except that you must have missed the post where Blind Mew explained the similarities between SI and Azteca ( if I find it again I'll post it ) in this post he said that SI is not Azteca but a colony close to the home world. I don't think you've been to Celestia yet? Otherwise you would see that the above water part of that world is exactly like SI ( even populated by Water Moles ). But SI isn't Celestia, either; again its a world that's near by.
It's obvious that Avernus is the skyway of Dragonspyre - and here we can see the total devestation of a world by the Dragon Titan. Malistaire was attempting to awaken the Titan when a heroic wizard stopped him, and the Titan has since returned to his sleep.
Polaris in W101: I'm indebted to those who are posting walk-throughs on You-Tube: Blaze Lifehammer's are the best IMO. Though he's mostly concerned with the bosses; how to beat them and get the good drops, and not about story ( though I'm glad he doesn't skip dialogue. )
Marleybone and Westminster skyway are connected, no doubt about that. Accents slide around for me, Bonnie Anne has an obvious Scottish accent ( she trills her rs ) but many of the Radicals sport Irish accents. So we must conclude that Albion is a blend of these two countries.
I agree we need a general discussion on this subject on the boards - maybe we can get Blind Mew to shed some light on the subject?
Richard BattleStone, lvl100 Pyromancer, is enjoying his time in Part II of Khrysilis.

I guess I didn't consider the Floating Island since it was such a small part of Celestia. However even now, it's too small to turn into SI, so I'd eliminate it as a candidate. However if Blind Mew says SI isn't Azteca, then that's all fine. Perhaps the similarities were unconscious and it just happened to work out like that.

I should also address what I said earlier about the W101 MB being after the Acts of Union(1707). Thinking back, I had somehow confused the Scottish accent for another, so my bad. However, I may still be partially right. We can see automobiles in W101 MB. The first automobile would be invented in 1807, so the Acts of Union(1707) would still be in effect.

If you heard Irish accents form the radicals(unfortunately I played without audio for a while), then that might give us some hints to a time as well. The confusingly named Acts of Union(1800) went into effect between the Kingdom of Great Britain and the Kingdom of Ireland, uniting them to form the United Kingdom(UK). This does help to say that P101 MB takes place in the European Industrial Revolution. I'm probably gonna start a board on timelines, but for now, hope you enjoyed some of history!

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Avernus is in fact a part of Dragonsypre, due to the fact you see the main city of Dragonspyre somewhere in the background. If I recall the puppet show with Wan Mo, he states that an evil necromancer...(at this point Malistare is shown cursing the emperor) put the emperor asleep and etc...

So it's obvious that us pirates waltzed in to Mooshu shortly after Malistare waltzed out, and in to Dragonspyre. Wan Mo also stated that the emperor was still in his slumber while we were in Mooshu. This means that while we were sailing around Khotan (and possibly Subata) the wizards were running around defeating the onis of War, Plague, Death, and Jade. (Almost like the four horsemen of the apocalypse I may add)

Now regarding Polaris...
I hope the majority of us remember Napolenguin being arrested in his backyard. Well this means that maybe while he was being shipped off to Ft. Elena the new Empress Antuskette was being crowned empress of the Polarian Empire, then being followed by the resistance consisting of some iconic characters like Red Rosa.

I don't know if this helps or if I'm just sharing common knowledge but hey at least I did something.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
FireMorgan13 on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
Richard BattleStone, lvl100 Pyromancer, is enjoying his time in Part II of Khrysilis.

I guess I didn't consider the Floating Island since it was such a small part of Celestia. However even now, it's too small to turn into SI, so I'd eliminate it as a candidate. However if Blind Mew says SI isn't Azteca, then that's all fine. Perhaps the similarities were unconscious and it just happened to work out like that.

I should also address what I said earlier about the W101 MB being after the Acts of Union(1707). Thinking back, I had somehow confused the Scottish accent for another, so my bad. However, I may still be partially right. We can see automobiles in W101 MB. The first automobile would be invented in 1807, so the Acts of Union(1707) would still be in effect.

If you heard Irish accents form the radicals(unfortunately I played without audio for a while), then that might give us some hints to a time as well. The confusingly named Acts of Union(1800) went into effect between the Kingdom of Great Britain and the Kingdom of Ireland, uniting them to form the United Kingdom(UK). This does help to say that P101 MB takes place in the European Industrial Revolution. I'm probably gonna start a board on timelines, but for now, hope you enjoyed some of history!
In addition to your last statement about the Acts of Union, the Scottish Radical movement, also known as the Scottish Insurrection occurred in 1820. This puts Marleybone's period in the mid 1800's, or during the industrial revolution.

Interestingly though, the radical movement actually began in Scotland during the French Revolution, died down a bit during the Napoleonic Wars, and then resurfaced during the Industrial Revolution, during a period of economic depression in Scotland. The movement was led primarily by Scottish weavers and textile workers who had been lobbying the English Parliament for better and safer working conditions. At the time, Scotland had one of the best educational systems in the world, achieving the highest literacy rate among all societal classes, this combined with Scotland's long standing views on equality and individual freedoms led to a large, well educated work force that rather resented the harsher treatment they received from the mostly English factory owners. This then led to wide spread protests and strikes across Scotland during the early Industrial Revolution. While their goal was simply reform, and better working conditions, the English Aristocracy viewed the movement as yet another Scottish Rebellion and panicked, eventually sending the army in to force the Scottish factory workers back to work.

As for the similarities between worlds in the Spiral, I have an idea about that as well, but it will take a longer post to explain it.