Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Helping the helpless

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I know lots of pirates who remain 'hidden' to friends or sigh, shaking their heads when someone asks for help. I know some people who won't even friend someone who isn't max level. I actually love helping those who need it for a few reasons. Number one would be that not everyone is as awesome as me and they aren't able to solo some of the more difficult dungeons and battles. This gives me an opportunity to enrich the p101 experience for others by showing them strategies and gear items that could help them out in the future. Plus I love showing off how super, crazy awesome my pirate is. I enjoy the ooh's and ahh's I hear when my Swashbuckler hits for 2,400 damage. Number two would be that I hate farming. Seeing as how most people ask for help with the harder dungeons, this works out well for me. The harder dungeons and bosses are usually where the good drops are and when I'm helping someone it doesn't really feel like I'm farming. I've been able to acquire some really good gear by just helping others. Also when questing with others there are more enemies and more enemies usually means more treasure chests and more gold. Number three would be that these occasions give me a chance to observe pirates of other classes and sometimes gives me good examples of what you should or should not do when playing these classes. This helps me for my pirates of those particular classes that I haven't maxed yet. Finally, helping is a great way to meet and bond with new friends or just shoot the breeze with old friends. We were all just starting out at one point. Wasn't there someone who helped you along the way? Pay it forward.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
I know lots of pirates who remain 'hidden' to friends or sigh, shaking their heads when someone asks for help. I know some people who won't even friend someone who isn't max level. I actually love helping those who need it for a few reasons. Number one would be that not everyone is as awesome as me and they aren't able to solo some of the more difficult dungeons and battles. This gives me an opportunity to enrich the p101 experience for others by showing them strategies and gear items that could help them out in the future. Plus I love showing off how super, crazy awesome my pirate is. I enjoy the ooh's and ahh's I hear when my Swashbuckler hits for 2,400 damage. Number two would be that I hate farming. Seeing as how most people ask for help with the harder dungeons, this works out well for me. The harder dungeons and bosses are usually where the good drops are and when I'm helping someone it doesn't really feel like I'm farming. I've been able to acquire some really good gear by just helping others. Also when questing with others there are more enemies and more enemies usually means more treasure chests and more gold. Number three would be that these occasions give me a chance to observe pirates of other classes and sometimes gives me good examples of what you should or should not do when playing these classes. This helps me for my pirates of those particular classes that I haven't maxed yet. Finally, helping is a great way to meet and bond with new friends or just shoot the breeze with old friends. We were all just starting out at one point. Wasn't there someone who helped you along the way? Pay it forward.
Ye arrre a crazy, awesome pirate! The next round of yum is on me, mate!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I'm always happy to help my lower-leveled friends when they need it. It's always fun to redo some of those older dungeons you might have forgotten about in your quest for high-level gear, and there's always a chance you'll get something rare. Plus, it's great to chat with someone while you battle. After joining the Message Boards I now have many of the Marauders on my friend list, and it is nice to have a bit of help on some of those tougher boss battles in Aquila. Thanks to all who have helped me!

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I really like what you're saying. While this game is easier to solo because of the companions, I often found a time when I had to wait, or bother somebody to help me with a dungeon or boss battle. I wouldn't be maxed out without the help of other friends. Well, I probably would but not as early as I did. I want to go help other people now. We need more people like you around the Spiral to help more people get maxed.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
when it comes to helping me friends or people who truly in need of me aid I will be there to help, that be one of me codes.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
i suppose that i count in the rank of the pirates mentioned at the beginning, but not for quite the reasons you provided (although i am sure that you nailed many of us on that one. I will only friend people that i know, that i was in a battle with, or that i have done whatever else with them in game (pet sparring, breeding, etc. )
to me, a bigger issue than not friending people who are not max level is low level pirates that hang around in populated areas and just search out maxed players to mooch off of. i will always help others if they ask, but imho
most of the battles and dungeons in the game are not extremely difficult, and it is more a lack of effort on the part of the player in need than the lack of ability. just sayin'

Matthew Walker- level 65 ,,.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I don't have a problem helping people I have a problem when people DEMAND it. Like when they ask for help and I'm helping somebody else or doing something I needed to do and they demand to know who I'm helping or they ask me to flee that task and come to them NOW. That's really rude. I do not HAVE to run to you right away and I don't HAVE to tell you who I'm helping and if I do help I am NOT at your beck and call for everything from then on out. If I help you its because I want to. I'm just asking that sometimes I have things in the game I want to do too.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Off the top of my head, the people who have helped me: Chrissy Th' Blesser, Ruthless Alura Bristol, Quick Pearl, Harley Quinn, Crazy Matthew, Felix (Hoodoo Master), a privateer whose name I forgot, and many more people I forgot. If I forgot to list someone's name, I am sorry.

Ensign
Aug 06, 2013
Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I would like to help other pirates in need,however i don't appreciate rude players like feeling during a battle or makeing rude comments,like saying " thanks for nothing " or calling names.It's feels like mutiny ( turning your back, after helping out a fellow player ) to me.

The benefits are endless,when help each other out. Like shorten the time to finish long worlds in the spiral like Cool Ranch or very challenging worlds like Aquila or both like Moo Shu . The best part is working in groups are makes the storyline more interesting.

Ensign
Mar 15, 2013
well I love to help but I have had people just annoy me by asking for help five times in just about as many seconds and with just menu chat hard to find a just give me a second phrase that is well put for let me quest right now. My first pirate got to do all most of all of the Aquila dungeons twice do to him hitting max in Marleybone and some one I befriended asking for help for them though they were ahead of me in the storyline.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
redchico7iscool on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
I never mind helping people lower than me
Hi Redchico, welcome to the message boards. We are a very helpful lot here so you are gonna fit right in.