Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Havin' Fun!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1417
No doom and gloom, Just havin' fun! What are you doing in the game that is fun and joyful? What do you love?
How do you play in this lovely game world?
Last night, I was back on Pirate cause I didn't feel like grinding though wizard gardens and daily quests. I wanted to play and relax, so I went one one of my lower level pirates, and did a side quest I liked, but had skipped on that pirate. Yes, I was running around Skull Island battling the Rat Pack, and talking with the Frogfather. I was again amused by those characters, and delighted by scenery that had been too familiar to notice. The art on that ceiling in the caves behind the waterfall is really nice. First time through, it all looked really dark to me, now I can see it with different computer settings. Was the Frogfather's office always that hazy? It was fun! Even though I didn't expect to see anyone around, there were still some pirates running around Skull Island and Gullet. It was good to see my crew again. Random crew rotation added a nice element of surprise to the fights.
Joyful Pirates Unite!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9373
Calamity Finch on Mar 1, 2019 wrote:
No doom and gloom, Just havin' fun! What are you doing in the game that is fun and joyful? What do you love?
How do you play in this lovely game world?
Last night, I was back on Pirate cause I didn't feel like grinding though wizard gardens and daily quests. I wanted to play and relax, so I went one one of my lower level pirates, and did a side quest I liked, but had skipped on that pirate. Yes, I was running around Skull Island battling the Rat Pack, and talking with the Frogfather. I was again amused by those characters, and delighted by scenery that had been too familiar to notice. The art on that ceiling in the caves behind the waterfall is really nice. First time through, it all looked really dark to me, now I can see it with different computer settings. Was the Frogfather's office always that hazy? It was fun! Even though I didn't expect to see anyone around, there were still some pirates running around Skull Island and Gullet. It was good to see my crew again. Random crew rotation added a nice element of surprise to the fights.
Joyful Pirates Unite!
What do I love about this game? Besides all the wonderful tings that many players mention:

The top reason I play is that KI gives you 2 options - you can buy a membership or you can buy zones. I've played other MMOs that required you to have a membership to get any fun play time, ( even one that linked your level to membership It didn't matter how high a level you were, once your membership ran out, you were sent back to level 5 and you couldn't do dungeons at all. )

So this option is very important to me.

First Mate
Feb 12, 2015
489
Calamity Finch on Mar 1, 2019 wrote:
No doom and gloom, Just havin' fun! What are you doing in the game that is fun and joyful? What do you love?
How do you play in this lovely game world?
Last night, I was back on Pirate cause I didn't feel like grinding though wizard gardens and daily quests. I wanted to play and relax, so I went one one of my lower level pirates, and did a side quest I liked, but had skipped on that pirate. Yes, I was running around Skull Island battling the Rat Pack, and talking with the Frogfather. I was again amused by those characters, and delighted by scenery that had been too familiar to notice. The art on that ceiling in the caves behind the waterfall is really nice. First time through, it all looked really dark to me, now I can see it with different computer settings. Was the Frogfather's office always that hazy? It was fun! Even though I didn't expect to see anyone around, there were still some pirates running around Skull Island and Gullet. It was good to see my crew again. Random crew rotation added a nice element of surprise to the fights.
Joyful Pirates Unite!
I love the combat schematics and especially the personality. Each person and each Companion has their own behavior and attitude, instead of just being generic. Things like Ratbeard's internal pirate and Monkey King's sarcasm and sense of humor make this game the best one I've ever played!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1417
anecorbie on Mar 2, 2019 wrote:
What do I love about this game? Besides all the wonderful tings that many players mention:

The top reason I play is that KI gives you 2 options - you can buy a membership or you can buy zones. I've played other MMOs that required you to have a membership to get any fun play time, ( even one that linked your level to membership It didn't matter how high a level you were, once your membership ran out, you were sent back to level 5 and you couldn't do dungeons at all. )

So this option is very important to me.
Nice, yes, but I was hoping to make a thread about in game experience, not KI Policy. It's about play, when you enter this world and what do you do, enjoy, and savor, and the things you spend your time on that delight you. What is one of your "wonderful tings"?

When I go to Westminster Skyway, I like to take a moment to take in all the moonlit scenery, with the dramatic ship fire making bursts of light.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1776
This is my third attempt at replying here (hopefully no connection issues this time):

I enjoy sailing into the skyways like Port Regal and Westminster, where people need help with sinking ships. I also enjoy a true Team Up, where I'm actually helping someone with Hydra or another dungeon that they've tried and can't get through solo. Helping other pirates can be really fun.

I also am slowly collecting Hybrid Pets, so that's a project I work on from time to time.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9373
Calamity Finch on Mar 2, 2019 wrote:
Nice, yes, but I was hoping to make a thread about in game experience, not KI Policy. It's about play, when you enter this world and what do you do, enjoy, and savor, and the things you spend your time on that delight you. What is one of your "wonderful tings"?

When I go to Westminster Skyway, I like to take a moment to take in all the moonlit scenery, with the dramatic ship fire making bursts of light.
I thought I would mention something that isn't usually talked about.
So here is a simple wonderful thing I enjoy: Just sailing my ship from world to world and looking at the lovely scenery.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
142
Calamity Finch on Mar 1, 2019 wrote:
No doom and gloom, Just havin' fun! What are you doing in the game that is fun and joyful? What do you love?
How do you play in this lovely game world?
Last night, I was back on Pirate cause I didn't feel like grinding though wizard gardens and daily quests. I wanted to play and relax, so I went one one of my lower level pirates, and did a side quest I liked, but had skipped on that pirate. Yes, I was running around Skull Island battling the Rat Pack, and talking with the Frogfather. I was again amused by those characters, and delighted by scenery that had been too familiar to notice. The art on that ceiling in the caves behind the waterfall is really nice. First time through, it all looked really dark to me, now I can see it with different computer settings. Was the Frogfather's office always that hazy? It was fun! Even though I didn't expect to see anyone around, there were still some pirates running around Skull Island and Gullet. It was good to see my crew again. Random crew rotation added a nice element of surprise to the fights.
Joyful Pirates Unite!
I absolutely ADORE decorating houses! I don't have the in-game funds to fill up a house in Wizard101 (yet) and it's so nice to decorate to my heart's content, making different kinds of rooms and themes, like a casino area using Cool Ranch items and companions, or perhaps a tavern, located inside the wrecked Armada ship of the Rake's Lagoon, complete with minigames (especially Pirate's Pub!) There's so much to love about decorating houses in these two games, I could go on for hours, rambling about my house-decorating escapades!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
561
I just like relaxing and playing my witchdoctor, let me fully set the picture:

-Comfy Chair
-No headphones on
-Double Cheeseburger and fries from In N Out, Five Guys or Whataburger with a large cup of pepsi
-My cat in my lap purring away
-Occasional green anole lizard crawling on my window outside

First Mate
Feb 12, 2015
489
I love Building Lesser Companions! Not just making the threads sometimes on these boards, but also experimenting in-game to try and get something good! Notable success was in my Ridolfo Capoferro and my Ninja Pig, so much that they're now at the top of my crew! Companions are the best part of this game.

I also love the dialouge. One can tell a lot of work was put into it, because each Companion has their own personality. I love Monkey King's sarcasm and El Toro's courage and Bonnie Anne's sweet heart and Ratbeard's innate pirate. They make this game like no other!