Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Bonjour!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
396
Bonjour mes amis!

I have a challenge for all you street rats and thieves! Try to use a bit of a language that is foreign to you.

Test it out and see what it does on other threads mes amis!

Wait, a conversation I had with my brother when I put his mouse in a basket translated to french:

My brother: Qu sont mes souris d'ordinateur?
Me: Ta souris d'ordinateur dans ma panier.
My brother: Merci.

Hope you take the challenge mes amis.

Au'revoir!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
noahdd on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
Bonjour mes amis!

I have a challenge for all you street rats and thieves! Try to use a bit of a language that is foreign to you.

Test it out and see what it does on other threads mes amis!

Wait, a conversation I had with my brother when I put his mouse in a basket translated to french:

My brother: Qu sont mes souris d'ordinateur?
Me: Ta souris d'ordinateur dans ma panier.
My brother: Merci.

Hope you take the challenge mes amis.

Au'revoir!
Kon'nichiwa, Noah-San. As you know I am a sort of language master, half fluent in Spanish, working on Japanese and French, a bit of Italian and German. And a bit of Bengali.

But I've had various conversations with others involving my poke-ins with little foreign words.

Example:

A girl in my class was to walk up to me. "You're annoying, Emma."
I'd respond with, "Saikin kagami o mi?" (Looked in the mirror lately?)

Ciao!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
950
noahdd on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
Bonjour mes amis!

I have a challenge for all you street rats and thieves! Try to use a bit of a language that is foreign to you.

Test it out and see what it does on other threads mes amis!

Wait, a conversation I had with my brother when I put his mouse in a basket translated to french:

My brother: Qu sont mes souris d'ordinateur?
Me: Ta souris d'ordinateur dans ma panier.
My brother: Merci.

Hope you take the challenge mes amis.

Au'revoir!
Well this is an interesting post. I'm not sure but I think I was the first to post in a different language when I decided that since my pirates are from Polaris they should speak french as their native language.

Sorry to say this noahdd, but I feel the need to correct your translation.
First, I am Canadian, I have studied French since I was in grade 3. I continued to study French all through Highschool and into University.

Pleas don't take this the wrong way, I only intend to help you with a language that you are clearly only just learning.

Qu sont mes souris d'ordinateur? actually translates to; What are my computer mouse?

As you can see in the english translation, this is not a grammatically correct sentence.

Since you want to ask, Where is my computer mouse,
The correct French translation is; Où est ma souris d'ordinateur?

Next, Ta souris d'orinateur dans ma panier, translates to Your computer mouse in my basket.
Your computer mouse is in my basket,
is actually, Votre souris d'ordinateur est dans mon panier.

Also, there is no need to place an apostrophe between Au and Revoir.

Beside French, I have also studied German.

Salut! (a more informal greeting/farewell than Au revoir)

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
396
CdeWinter on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
Well this is an interesting post. I'm not sure but I think I was the first to post in a different language when I decided that since my pirates are from Polaris they should speak french as their native language.

Sorry to say this noahdd, but I feel the need to correct your translation.
First, I am Canadian, I have studied French since I was in grade 3. I continued to study French all through Highschool and into University.

Pleas don't take this the wrong way, I only intend to help you with a language that you are clearly only just learning.

Qu sont mes souris d'ordinateur? actually translates to; What are my computer mouse?

As you can see in the english translation, this is not a grammatically correct sentence.

Since you want to ask, Where is my computer mouse,
The correct French translation is; Où est ma souris d'ordinateur?

Next, Ta souris d'orinateur dans ma panier, translates to Your computer mouse in my basket.
Your computer mouse is in my basket,
is actually, Votre souris d'ordinateur est dans mon panier.

Also, there is no need to place an apostrophe between Au and Revoir.

Beside French, I have also studied German.

Salut! (a more informal greeting/farewell than Au revoir)
Sorry the translation is wrong.

Guess the internet isn't very precise!
Also thanks for the word salut, if I had known about it I would have used it.

Thank you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
CdeWinter on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
Well this is an interesting post. I'm not sure but I think I was the first to post in a different language when I decided that since my pirates are from Polaris they should speak french as their native language.

Sorry to say this noahdd, but I feel the need to correct your translation.
First, I am Canadian, I have studied French since I was in grade 3. I continued to study French all through Highschool and into University.

Pleas don't take this the wrong way, I only intend to help you with a language that you are clearly only just learning.

Qu sont mes souris d'ordinateur? actually translates to; What are my computer mouse?

As you can see in the english translation, this is not a grammatically correct sentence.

Since you want to ask, Where is my computer mouse,
The correct French translation is; Où est ma souris d'ordinateur?

Next, Ta souris d'orinateur dans ma panier, translates to Your computer mouse in my basket.
Your computer mouse is in my basket,
is actually, Votre souris d'ordinateur est dans mon panier.

Also, there is no need to place an apostrophe between Au and Revoir.

Beside French, I have also studied German.

Salut! (a more informal greeting/farewell than Au revoir)
Wow, I love it. Leave it to you MiLady DeWinter to offer such wonderful stuff to enrich our minds. Positively brilliant. To be offered such wisdom from a gifted teacher is a generous gift and I truly appreciate it.

Trust me Noah, she really knows her stuff and she only has your best interests at heart. You have been highly honored to be taught by one such as this.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
396
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 13, 2013 wrote:
Wow, I love it. Leave it to you MiLady DeWinter to offer such wonderful stuff to enrich our minds. Positively brilliant. To be offered such wisdom from a gifted teacher is a generous gift and I truly appreciate it.

Trust me Noah, she really knows her stuff and she only has your best interests at heart. You have been highly honored to be taught by one such as this.
I know she kowns that he knows, wait, what was I talking about again?

Oh yeah, I know she knows.

Au'revoir!

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
352
Well the lanaguages I will say are Spanish no English no French yes.bonjour ca va Citron Combien .The translate is hello how are you lemon how many.this is not really a sentence it is just a combonation of words used in French .now Bonnie Annie are you ready to learn French.No
The end of my post
For now
See u in the spiral

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Hola, mis amigos! ¿Cómo te va? Un pirata debe siempre estar listo a batalla, pero ese no significa que no se puede tener diversión!

Penso que esta é uma grande idéia! Isso é divertito!

Spanish and Portuguese aside... I think that this is an awesome thread, and I enjoy getting to switch up my languages. Cool idea!

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
53
Very clever post, and I accept the challenge. Even though the only language I'm fluent in is English, I'm working on Spanish and Japanese. Where will I be able to use Spanish in my thread though...