Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Achilles/Eagellies

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 23, 2012
I recently did the making of Eagellies feast when I noticed Eagellies sounds exactly like Arnie . Did KI actually get the old governer of California to play in the game or is this a guy who has a similar voice .

Also he does the I'll be back thing too which gives him a terminator feel .

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
gyules8554 on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
I recently did the making of Eagellies feast when I noticed Eagellies sounds exactly like Arnie . Did KI actually get the old governer of California to play in the game or is this a guy who has a similar voice .

Hi,

if I am right is the voice from Eagellies the same as Blind Mew, you can check it at the video of Ryan's Make A Wish day by KI, you can find that video at the blog site of KI, hope that helps you

Blaze

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

It's not the actual Arnold Schwarzenegger, it's just a voice actor, Blind Mew has said this in one of his posts.
I know the "I'll be back" was used a lot in the terminator films, but it was actually first said by Arnie in the Running Man, which was the first movie Arnold was actually alowed to speak in.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
It's not the actual Arnold Schwarzenegger, it's just a voice actor, Blind Mew has said this in one of his posts.
I know the "I'll be back" was used a lot in the terminator films, but it was actually first said by Arnie in the Running Man, which was the first movie Arnold was actually alowed to speak in.
Nice movie trivia. Well played Scarlet

Developer
CdeWinter on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
That is incorrect.

Arnolds first speaking role (in a non-documentary) was Conan the Barbarian - he didn't talk much, but he spoke.

And "I'll be back" is from the Terminator (1984) - the use of it in Running Man (1987) swas a nod and wink to the audience. T1 definitely came first. I know... for I was there.

Developer

And by the way, glad you dug the voice - it's one of my favorite gags in the whole game. We have several riffs on famous movie lines for Eagilles: "I'll be back" is the most blatant of them.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Blind Mew on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
That is incorrect.

Arnolds first speaking role (in a non-documentary) was Conan the Barbarian - he didn't talk much, but he spoke.

And "I'll be back" is from the Terminator (1984) - the use of it in Running Man (1987) swas a nod and wink to the audience. T1 definitely came first. I know... for I was there.
Alright, I'll concede to your greater knowledge Blind Mew, I have always been told that Running Man was Arnold's first talking movie and therefore assumed it came before the terminator series. As for Conan the Barbarian, I have to confess that the last time I saw it I was not all that interested in it.