Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What should be looked into/fixed - my one post.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Like stated in the title. I'm not back, entirely. I'm playing a few events with friends then probably going MIA again because lets be real. The game isn't getting anything new or fancy anytime soon.

So I've been watching and playing a few matches. This is what pvp looks like right now and what I feel needs to be changed. I understand it's unlikely these will ever get addressed but hey, that's how it goes.

1. Please re-enable charm. Even how it is with the turn system. Just give Witch something. Mostly with the lack of champion weapons, newer witch players have only scratch to hope to deal with melee classes. It was one of the few signature powers that defined the class and it's sad to see that Witch is the only class in the game with one less ability allowed from their trained arsenal. It's unfair and even before ranked caused it to get removed it's unfair. I mean Charm, the witch power. Not Charming Gaze. We've been asking for this to return since it was turned off. I think at this point the community deserves to get a say in something, no?

2. Bring actual incentives back to ranked. Idk why the original champion weapons were removed. But the current rewards are rubbish. It took me 40 minutes to get a match only for it to get declined or the player to flee when they see I use trees. Nobody is gonna sit through and play against someone trying to play ranked competitively for no rewards so it ruins my experience in multiple ways.

3. Disable battle royale or make it not affect rank. Even if champ weapons come back, this was the easiest and primary way to boost. So do this as well so you can add in incentives without it being wasted effort because of this system. It's a cool design. But it is super abusable when ranking/elo/mmr is involved.

4. *Controversial* change spar chamber to be same size as ranked pvp boards, or remove it and add a practice queue. Ranked pvp will always be second best to spar because people have the previous statement of no incentive to play while also no reason to utilize it when spar is just more popular. Difference in board leads to difference in the balance of different classes, companions, etc. This leads to lots of unfair advantages being exploited and seperating the communities too much. Streamline is important in cases like these. You clearly decided ranked pvp is that arena size. Now please streamline it so it's consistent at least for these types of PVP. It's also not fun to have to practice ranked pvp strategies by playing just ranked. Essentially add a ranked pvp map practice mode some way, shape or form.

5. Add spectating. WHY IS THIS HAVING TO BE ASKED 7 YEARS INTO THIS GAME????

6. Leaderboard. Again, very simple to implement. You literally can copy and paste code for this with minor adjustments, am I wrong?

7. Make the ranked pvp badges special, e.g. nefarious 6th eyes, halo from helping badge, etc.

My opinion on balance currently:
Game is fine, it's actually pretty balanced when you break it down on a fundamental level and the biggest issue is the massive variance the games RNG factor has on it. But you agreed to that when you signed up. Only thing that really needs to be toned down is Beast Banner (rank 3) and how high the dmg for summons affected by it is. It's a little too strong. I've always vouched for banners to give epics and talents rather than stats. Could be a cool rework for the banners to make them actually useful and to allow new useful ones to be added into the future. Trees aren't an issue, Banner makes them an issue. Only thing that makes Champion weapons unfair is that: not anybody can grind for it on the next season since currently they're retired, and beast banner is too strong for trees which are suppose to be defensive tools not aggressive ones.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. Bye!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
TechnomagePvP on Jun 22, 2020 wrote:
Like stated in the title. I'm not back, entirely. I'm playing a few events with friends then probably going MIA again because lets be real. The game isn't getting anything new or fancy anytime soon.

So I've been watching and playing a few matches. This is what pvp looks like right now and what I feel needs to be changed. I understand it's unlikely these will ever get addressed but hey, that's how it goes.

1. Please re-enable charm. Even how it is with the turn system. Just give Witch something. Mostly with the lack of champion weapons, newer witch players have only scratch to hope to deal with melee classes. It was one of the few signature powers that defined the class and it's sad to see that Witch is the only class in the game with one less ability allowed from their trained arsenal. It's unfair and even before ranked caused it to get removed it's unfair. I mean Charm, the witch power. Not Charming Gaze. We've been asking for this to return since it was turned off. I think at this point the community deserves to get a say in something, no?

2. Bring actual incentives back to ranked. Idk why the original champion weapons were removed. But the current rewards are rubbish. It took me 40 minutes to get a match only for it to get declined or the player to flee when they see I use trees. Nobody is gonna sit through and play against someone trying to play ranked competitively for no rewards so it ruins my experience in multiple ways.

3. Disable battle royale or make it not affect rank. Even if champ weapons come back, this was the easiest and primary way to boost. So do this as well so you can add in incentives without it being wasted effort because of this system. It's a cool design. But it is super abusable when ranking/elo/mmr is involved.

4. *Controversial* change spar chamber to be same size as ranked pvp boards, or remove it and add a practice queue. Ranked pvp will always be second best to spar because people have the previous statement of no incentive to play while also no reason to utilize it when spar is just more popular. Difference in board leads to difference in the balance of different classes, companions, etc. This leads to lots of unfair advantages being exploited and seperating the communities too much. Streamline is important in cases like these. You clearly decided ranked pvp is that arena size. Now please streamline it so it's consistent at least for these types of PVP. It's also not fun to have to practice ranked pvp strategies by playing just ranked. Essentially add a ranked pvp map practice mode some way, shape or form.

5. Add spectating. WHY IS THIS HAVING TO BE ASKED 7 YEARS INTO THIS GAME????

6. Leaderboard. Again, very simple to implement. You literally can copy and paste code for this with minor adjustments, am I wrong?

7. Make the ranked pvp badges special, e.g. nefarious 6th eyes, halo from helping badge, etc.

My opinion on balance currently:
Game is fine, it's actually pretty balanced when you break it down on a fundamental level and the biggest issue is the massive variance the games RNG factor has on it. But you agreed to that when you signed up. Only thing that really needs to be toned down is Beast Banner (rank 3) and how high the dmg for summons affected by it is. It's a little too strong. I've always vouched for banners to give epics and talents rather than stats. Could be a cool rework for the banners to make them actually useful and to allow new useful ones to be added into the future. Trees aren't an issue, Banner makes them an issue. Only thing that makes Champion weapons unfair is that: not anybody can grind for it on the next season since currently they're retired, and beast banner is too strong for trees which are suppose to be defensive tools not aggressive ones.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. Bye!
i like some of your points but #4 is a bad idea, ranked arenas are a pain to play in, change those to spar sized maps, if spar became ranked sized i would have to uninstall the game and yohoho my pirate with the only thing i enjoy being destroyed

Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
mate ki is only gonna give pirate an update in the fall and it will most likely just be another key boss lol. This is also assuming pirate will even get an update this year (which I think it will as it has been every year, it’s just been something really useless like last years obsidian Bonnie and ratbeard in the fall).