Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Remove fizzle, it's pointless

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
Hi, Honestly I think fizzle should be removed, it decreases our chances of hitting, we either fiizzle, miss or hit. Which is pretty unfair as all the other classes either hit or miss. Also our accuracy is really bad, not mention our health is also quite bad. We should get better accuracy, and better health. Same for our witchdoctor companions, they also need better range to compete with other classes companions. I want to use my witch companions more. Our health cannot make up as our witch companions have decent damage unlike swashbuckler over 400+ when max lvl. Thanks for hearing me out, please spread this message around as well. I hope Kingsisle do something about this.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Witchdoctor's don't need to worry about fizzleling because they got so many powers.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Actually, I think it works like this:

The attack either Hits or Misses. If you miss, one of 2 animations are played. The block animation or the dodge animation. For witchdoctors, the block animation is the fizzle animation. I am not sure about this, but that is what I have always believed.

As for the second part of this, yes, witchdoctors do need a buff, at least PvP-wise.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Piratingboy on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
Hi, Honestly I think fizzle should be removed, it decreases our chances of hitting, we either fiizzle, miss or hit. Which is pretty unfair as all the other classes either hit or miss. Also our accuracy is really bad, not mention our health is also quite bad. We should get better accuracy, and better health. Same for our witchdoctor companions, they also need better range to compete with other classes companions. I want to use my witch companions more. Our health cannot make up as our witch companions have decent damage unlike swashbuckler over 400+ when max lvl. Thanks for hearing me out, please spread this message around as well. I hope Kingsisle do something about this.
Hello Piratingboy,

Fizzle for wWtchdoctor is equivalent to other class misses.

You might find that confusing because instead of fizzling sometimes it says that our attack is blocked or dodged.

It is all the same, fizzle, blocked, dodged, is one same thing.

So to sum up, all classes can either hit or miss depending of their acc and opponents dodge ratio.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Piratingboy on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
A fizzle is your miss, just as a swashbuckler can miss a first strike, a buck a vengeance strike, privy a repel boarders, and musketeer a quick draw. As with any talent attack you're pitting your accuracy or will against the opponent's armor or dodge; and if they make that save, then you fizzle.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Totally agree with you. I remember those good ol' days, there wasn't a fizzle in sight.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
Also, they should give our fellow witch companions guaranteed critical strikes. It isn't fair as only witch companions don't have guaranteed strikes. And some of our witchdoctor companions (Mormo, Carcarius etc) should have the capability to learn mojo rising. Why can't they learn mojo rising? While other classes can learn double tap, bladestorm... This is seriously putting our companions down. Thanks

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Piratingboy on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
Also, they should give our fellow witch companions guaranteed critical strikes. It isn't fair as only witch companions don't have guaranteed strikes. And some of our witchdoctor companions (Mormo, Carcarius etc) should have the capability to learn mojo rising. Why can't they learn mojo rising? While other classes can learn double tap, bladestorm... This is seriously putting our companions down. Thanks
They cant learn mojo rising because they have Improved Mojo Blast.

Look at Inoshishi Necromancer, he cant learn IMB, but he has mojo rising.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Ok ki you got the demand make us all unstoppable!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I know how difficult to win in PvP as a Witchdoctor, unlike the other class witch is based on skills( expect that's another time to explain ) . This class is based on luck, in my opinon.

Furthermore, beside storng will as a witchdoctor try to find some health,dodge and acuracy boosting gears. Also try to equip some gears that grants healing to the party.
May I recommend using at least one or companion ( or one of each ) to fight beside your witchdoctor character(s). companions can use frist stirke, relentless and reposite. companions can use vegence stirke, blade strom and relentless/flanking.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
Duke of Westminste... on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
Witchdoctor's don't need to worry about fizzleling because they got so many powers.
You're missing the point here, our companions fizzle way too much and their accuracy really brings them down

Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
Silver Angel on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
They cant learn mojo rising because they have Improved Mojo Blast.

Look at Inoshishi Necromancer, he cant learn IMB, but he has mojo rising.
I have tried using the juju extra epics doubloons, it gave my Carcarius, Mormo mojo rising. It worked perfectly and it's not op, it just attacks one random opponent at sight. They can't count on mojo echo all the time you know.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Piratingboy on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
I have tried using the juju extra epics doubloons, it gave my Carcarius, Mormo mojo rising. It worked perfectly and it's not op, it just attacks one random opponent at sight. They can't count on mojo echo all the time you know.
I know, I'm not disagreeing with you. Thing is, from KI's point of view, IMB can hit 9 targets at once, it's far better than mojo rising.

Ratbeard explained it once I believe.