Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Doubloons..

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
85
Doubloons in PVP.
That's just not right.
You make the rules:
No doubloons, He spams doubloons, and spams bombs.
I lose, and i can't do anything about it.
Really need a reason to why Doubloons aren't banned in PVP and the free PVP place.
Please fix this KingsIsle.
Thanks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9533
imagician26 on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
Doubloons in PVP.
That's just not right.
You make the rules:
No doubloons, He spams doubloons, and spams bombs.
I lose, and i can't do anything about it.
Really need a reason to why Doubloons aren't banned in PVP and the free PVP place.
Please fix this KingsIsle.
Thanks.
Doubloons are banned in Ranked PVP, for free PVP in the Spar Room - its up to the players to make their own rules, ask before entering the sigil whether doubloons are allowed or not.

Ensign
May 14, 2013
29
I was fighting someone and it was completely even, however he summoned 5 skeletons and just hung back. If he was witch or musketeer then maybe but he was a BUCCANEER. After we were weakened he just vicious charged me to death. Please fix KI

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9533
Darkwolf1601 on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
I was fighting someone and it was completely even, however he summoned 5 skeletons and just hung back. If he was witch or musketeer then maybe but he was a BUCCANEER. After we were weakened he just vicious charged me to death. Please fix KI
What does KI need to fix? Were the summons from doubloons or gear? If doubloons, there's nothing for KI to do, because doubloons are allowed in free PVP. You must make a rule before you enter a duel that no doubloons should be allowed, and its up to the players to act so.
If the summons were from gear, then its entirely legitimate, you just need to strategize better. If you ever enter Ranked PVP, you will face worse than a buccaneer with Stygian Chorus.
Doubloons are banned in Ranked PVP, KI doesn't need to change anything in free Practice PVP.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
242
There is (to my knowledge) a doubloon that will summon more than ONE skeleton at a time - However I do believe that there is an item you can get that will summon the 5 skeletons that a wizard can, that any class can use.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
Krigleblort on Nov 15, 2015 wrote:
There is (to my knowledge) a doubloon that will summon more than ONE skeleton at a time - However I do believe that there is an item you can get that will summon the 5 skeletons that a wizard can, that any class can use.
its the fang items from the hydra.......

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
631
anecorbie on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
What does KI need to fix? Were the summons from doubloons or gear? If doubloons, there's nothing for KI to do, because doubloons are allowed in free PVP. You must make a rule before you enter a duel that no doubloons should be allowed, and its up to the players to act so.
If the summons were from gear, then its entirely legitimate, you just need to strategize better. If you ever enter Ranked PVP, you will face worse than a buccaneer with Stygian Chorus.
Doubloons are banned in Ranked PVP, KI doesn't need to change anything in free Practice PVP.
hold up.. are you saying I can still enjoy a form of nonrestrictive pvp? I thought when they introduced ranked pvp it automatically nerfed all versions; practice and house both?!? bleh me if I was so ignorant.. be amazing if they haven't nerfed it all.. me and several of my friends USED to enjoy pvp.. until the summer update, then not long after ALL of us trickled over to other games... yes please explain to me what I am(sadly) so ignorant of? I'd love to let my friends know they can pvp with me again..
stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9533
stormyjensilverdra... on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
hold up.. are you saying I can still enjoy a form of nonrestrictive pvp? I thought when they introduced ranked pvp it automatically nerfed all versions; practice and house both?!? bleh me if I was so ignorant.. be amazing if they haven't nerfed it all.. me and several of my friends USED to enjoy pvp.. until the summer update, then not long after ALL of us trickled over to other games... yes please explain to me what I am(sadly) so ignorant of? I'd love to let my friends know they can pvp with me again..
stormy jen silver
Free PVP ( aka Practice PVP ) is available to you and your friends in the Spar Room ( its behind the Kaken Skulls Tavern ) or in your homes. There are no restrictions on free PVP, except what the players decide on.
So use doubloons and all Moo's gear, even Charm/Charming Gaze! Everything is available!

Ensign
May 14, 2013
29
anecorbie on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
What does KI need to fix? Were the summons from doubloons or gear? If doubloons, there's nothing for KI to do, because doubloons are allowed in free PVP. You must make a rule before you enter a duel that no doubloons should be allowed, and its up to the players to act so.
If the summons were from gear, then its entirely legitimate, you just need to strategize better. If you ever enter Ranked PVP, you will face worse than a buccaneer with Stygian Chorus.
Doubloons are banned in Ranked PVP, KI doesn't need to change anything in free Practice PVP.
I may have sounded a bit harsh. What I mean is that because I quest alone, I rarely get doubloons. Now I realise that it would be wrong to encourage soloing in an mmo, KI could possibly only allow everyone the same number of doubloons. So, if someone had only a few, they would not be swamped. While I know I'm being nitpicky and blind ignorant of why its called FREE pvp, I do feel its a little unfair.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9533
Darkwolf1601 on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
I may have sounded a bit harsh. What I mean is that because I quest alone, I rarely get doubloons. Now I realise that it would be wrong to encourage soloing in an mmo, KI could possibly only allow everyone the same number of doubloons. So, if someone had only a few, they would not be swamped. While I know I'm being nitpicky and blind ignorant of why its called FREE pvp, I do feel its a little unfair.
It would be unfair of KI to punish those who can and do put in the time and effort to get those doubloons. My best advice for you is to PVP with friends at your or their house and make a "no doubloons" rule; many other PVP-ers do believe that using doubloons is cheating, seek those players out and PVP with them. Avoid the busy and crowded realms as this is where you'll probably find the "coin spammers".
P.S. It's called free PVP, because you don't need a membership or pay crowns to engage in this activity.

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
85
And we might also see complaning about Scratch's ''Mojo Flow'', and the people who doesn't respect the doubloon thing, are just there. Some day we will have to live with them..

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9533
imagician26 on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
And we might also see complaning about Scratch's ''Mojo Flow'', and the people who doesn't respect the doubloon thing, are just there. Some day we will have to live with them..
If they don't respect a "no doubloons" rule then don't PVP with them, no one is forcing you into the Spar Room, you don't have to PVP at all. You can PVP with friends in your or their houses, where you can make your own rules.
"might see complaining about Scratch's "Mojo Flow"?" It's already happening......

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
85
Well everyone tried where the enemy cheat's after the rules are made.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9533
imagician26 on Dec 7, 2015 wrote:
Well everyone tried where the enemy cheat's after the rules are made.
My advice still holds.
1. Do you PVP with friends?
2. Did you go to one of the less popular realms or PVP in your home or theirs?
KingsIsle is unlikely to make changes to free/practice PVP.