Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Boosting -- An issue that didn't get a fix

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Kevin BoomCaster on Jun 4, 2018 wrote:
So I went to the wizard101 forums to see what they say about boosting and saw a post that reads:

"Brynn SilverHeartFeb 08, 2016

Boosting in PVP
I recently wrote Kings Isle asking them if boosting is a form of cheating in PVP. It is frowned upon amongst PVP players, that actually fight legit battles to win their rank. I feel it makes the Leader Boards obsolete. All the top spots are taken up by boosters. I am disheartened by their response. What are your thoughts on boosting in PVP? Kings Isle gave me this response:

Hello!

The method you refer to is a legal PvP tactic and is not cheating. Thus, it is not a reason for sanction. Please don't report these players, as they've done nothing wrong.

Regards,
KingsIsle Support

PS: Check out the big book of everything Wizard101!
www.wizard101.com/guide"

and I would assume the same rule applies for pirate101 in terms of PvP tactics
This post from the wizard forums was over 2 years old. KI has changed their mind since. If you recall, about a year or so ago, KI employed a fix to counteract boosting that included "nuking" the rank of the most notorious boosters. I don't think they were banned from the game, but they were effectively banned from the leaderboards. Now it's true that boosting is not explicitly against the TOS, but Friendly Necro/OEJ believed that it was enough against the spirit of the game to warrant in game punishment. It's also true that this fix wasn't a catch-all and it wasn't completely effective, but it showed that KI, as a company, does not approve of boosting in their games. We are just advocating for KI to show the same level of concern for dishonestly gaining rank in one of their games as they do the other.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9902
Kevin BoomCaster on Jun 4, 2018 wrote:
So I went to the wizard101 forums to see what they say about boosting and saw a post that reads:

"Brynn SilverHeartFeb 08, 2016

Boosting in PVP
I recently wrote Kings Isle asking them if boosting is a form of cheating in PVP. It is frowned upon amongst PVP players, that actually fight legit battles to win their rank. I feel it makes the Leader Boards obsolete. All the top spots are taken up by boosters. I am disheartened by their response. What are your thoughts on boosting in PVP? Kings Isle gave me this response:

Hello!

The method you refer to is a legal PvP tactic and is not cheating. Thus, it is not a reason for sanction. Please don't report these players, as they've done nothing wrong.

Regards,
KingsIsle Support

PS: Check out the big book of everything Wizard101!
www.wizard101.com/guide"

and I would assume the same rule applies for pirate101 in terms of PvP tactics
Just because it's not a report-able offense doesn't mean it's right. You're trying to justify a wrong action by saying KI allows it, so it's ok.
Begging is a unreportable act, being rude is also unreportable, it comes down to morality.
The 5 minute penalty when dodging a match-up seems to indicate that KI doesn't want P101 Ranked PVP to go the "Wizard route".

Community Leader
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 4, 2018 wrote:
I already replied to Anecorbie but I also want to reply to you because you have some specific concerns as well.

As I stated in my reply to Anecorbie, you would not fully be able to "intentionally" pick certain opponents and "intentionally" avoid certain others. As I previously stated, under my idea you would only have 3 choices for opponents and there are 5 different classes of pirates. That means you would never have a full choice as to what class you fought. You would either have to select 1 of the 3 choices that appeared or wait 10 minutes and try again. There would also be the chance at all 3 of your choices at any given time could be the same class of pirate, as you wouldn't know the name until your match started you would have no way of knowing who your opponent was. Under your example what if at 10:00 eastern you went to do a ranked PVP match and all 3 choices that came up were Level 70 Witchdoctors, how would you know which 1 of the 3 was Quentin?
The queue is tiny nowadays, it's highly unlikely that 3 people at a similar rank and level range exist at any given time. Yes, you would have 3 matchups, but how does that prevent someone from just not queueing until one or more of their options are favorable? You absolutely would be able to, say, avoid fighting a musket if you're a swash Under my example, I know that there's only 1 witchdoctor that actively ranks that has rank around mine, and that's Quentin. Also, he tends to be active at that time.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
May 21, 2012
36
Kevin BoomCaster on Jun 4, 2018 wrote:
So I went to the wizard101 forums to see what they say about boosting and saw a post that reads:

"Brynn SilverHeartFeb 08, 2016

Boosting in PVP
I recently wrote Kings Isle asking them if boosting is a form of cheating in PVP. It is frowned upon amongst PVP players, that actually fight legit battles to win their rank. I feel it makes the Leader Boards obsolete. All the top spots are taken up by boosters. I am disheartened by their response. What are your thoughts on boosting in PVP? Kings Isle gave me this response:

Hello!

The method you refer to is a legal PvP tactic and is not cheating. Thus, it is not a reason for sanction. Please don't report these players, as they've done nothing wrong.

Regards,
KingsIsle Support

PS: Check out the big book of everything Wizard101!
www.wizard101.com/guide"

and I would assume the same rule applies for pirate101 in terms of PvP tactics
I don't get why you're still defending your thoughts. We already told you that KI has clearly started to be against Boosting. And it started to happen ever since Summer 2017 in Wizard101 when they brought the Infamous Wizard Boosters down from Overlord 3000 to Private 0. Again, Justifying Boosting and boosters isn't okay and still considered cheap. Nothing will change the reality of it. Champion Weapons were made for those who want them by Fighting legit players fair and square to earn their weapon and ranking fairly. They were made for Experienced PvP Players that are already in Champion and successfully made their way there and deserve it. These weapons weren't made for those who know nothing about PvP or how things work and they never PvP. These don't deserve their weapons by any chance.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
721
Matthew525011 on Jun 4, 2018 wrote:
The queue is tiny nowadays, it's highly unlikely that 3 people at a similar rank and level range exist at any given time. Yes, you would have 3 matchups, but how does that prevent someone from just not queueing until one or more of their options are favorable? You absolutely would be able to, say, avoid fighting a musket if you're a swash Under my example, I know that there's only 1 witchdoctor that actively ranks that has rank around mine, and that's Quentin. Also, he tends to be active at that time.
That's a valid point but if someone refused to queue under my idea, they might have to wait hours for their perfect match to come along and during those hours they wouldn't gain any experience toward champion.

Another thing I stated is under my idea when you were given 3 choices only the class and level of the pirates would be displayed meaning you could in theory have 3 Level 70 Witchdoctors to choose from, if you happened to randomly select Quentin you might get more experience if you won but you would still get some experience if you randomly selected 1 of the other 2 Witchdoctors.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2008
8
okay if you guys are so dead set against boosting
(not illegal so I still agree it is legit until a penalty is released in the rule book)

a better solution may be to limit the amount of times you can fight a person within a short amount of time

say like with the smugglers arena where you have to wait 2 hours to be the starter of a run

why not make it where you have to wait 2 hours to be matched with the same person again

allows people to have more variety in opponents and slows the boosting process dramatically
of course this is not a permanent solution and could be extended to a higher time gap if seen fit

but my other idea was to allow people to see your most recent 3 match results (including who the opponent is) however I fear this would lead to people gloating and/or shaming players
and that would cause major mental issues for people who are already low on self-esteem so thus this is a bad idea

But honestly I don't see the problem with boosting it is not like it interferes with people who play seriously because if someone does not want to fight all they would do is flee and again that is no fun either
unless … "the reason people think boosting is bad is because they themselves want to boost off of these players"

but if that is not the case I say let them be and let's all stop worrying about how other players chose to play a game that is meant to be played differently by each individual and instead lets come together to focus on bring more players into the game to widen the queue

and remember this is just a game meant to be enjoyed by everyone in every aspect not meant to control what a person can and cannot do because someone chose a different path to reach the same satisfying goal

we are a community of supporting game lovers not a communistic society who shames one another because of work ethic and tactics

~peace & love

Ensign
Dec 21, 2008
8
also please remember this is a kid friendly game and a family game (ages 10+)
and many people play for a sense of accomplishment in their own eyes

not every booster is bad and want to gloat about reaching the top, there are people who play to achieve something for their own benefits and not to harm others' beliefs (believe it or not)

maybe it is not boosting that needs "fixing" but rather just a booster who needs a fix

because in reality there is no leader board on pirate101 to prove someone is boosting just speculation among players who think it is a crime that has not been written yet

and the people who are labeled as boosters could just be a kid who wants to show his/her friends and parents that he could reach the top

so please be mindful of all players before we label them as a bad egg

Ensign
Oct 02, 2016
9
Isn't pvp just for fun? Everyone is so immature about a stupid ranking. All rank does is belittle others who aren't the same rank as them. If you feel pvp isn't fair do not pvp. As for boosting, this is a kids game. People boost for different reasons. Whether it's to make themselves look cool to their friends, or to get stuff that is limited to higher rank people, just let kids be kids. Boosting is not hurting anyone unless you are talking about peoples egos being hurt for the needing of being special. I am not encouraging boosting, all I am saying is that it is a non issue that does not not to be addressed. I think this post should just be closed down. While I am for free speech, this post is only leading to more arguments that is not contributing to making the game better at all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9902
Nextgenpowerblast on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:
Isn't pvp just for fun? Everyone is so immature about a stupid ranking. All rank does is belittle others who aren't the same rank as them. If you feel pvp isn't fair do not pvp. As for boosting, this is a kids game. People boost for different reasons. Whether it's to make themselves look cool to their friends, or to get stuff that is limited to higher rank people, just let kids be kids. Boosting is not hurting anyone unless you are talking about peoples egos being hurt for the needing of being special. I am not encouraging boosting, all I am saying is that it is a non issue that does not not to be addressed. I think this post should just be closed down. While I am for free speech, this post is only leading to more arguments that is not contributing to making the game better at all.
If you want to PVP for fun go to the Spar Chamber. When I consider that Ranked costs crowns ( whether by membership or by buying a pass for crowns ) that this is real money being spent to engage in a competitive activity, then true competitors aren't getting what they paid for( ie a match up with another player. )
Most of the Champions I've net don't "belittle" other lower ranked PVP players, I've had some good advice from them and some good matches.
Think about all the kinds of competitions kids engage in: music, sports, spelling bees - all these activities require them to be matched with another competitor; so using "it's a kids game" isn't a good enough excuse to allow boosting.
And what about the genuine competitors? Those rewards aren't going to be worth getting if all anyone has to do is fight themselves through an alt. account. This makes the idea of any competition ridiculous.
Suggesting fixes to an on-going problem is what this post is for, and frankly, your post is a prime example of someone trying to work up an argument.
I hope that Logan and Matthew ignores this post and will continue the discussion on how to stop boosting.

Community Leader
Kevin BoomCaster on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:
okay if you guys are so dead set against boosting
(not illegal so I still agree it is legit until a penalty is released in the rule book)

a better solution may be to limit the amount of times you can fight a person within a short amount of time

say like with the smugglers arena where you have to wait 2 hours to be the starter of a run

why not make it where you have to wait 2 hours to be matched with the same person again

allows people to have more variety in opponents and slows the boosting process dramatically
of course this is not a permanent solution and could be extended to a higher time gap if seen fit

but my other idea was to allow people to see your most recent 3 match results (including who the opponent is) however I fear this would lead to people gloating and/or shaming players
and that would cause major mental issues for people who are already low on self-esteem so thus this is a bad idea

But honestly I don't see the problem with boosting it is not like it interferes with people who play seriously because if someone does not want to fight all they would do is flee and again that is no fun either
unless … "the reason people think boosting is bad is because they themselves want to boost off of these players"

but if that is not the case I say let them be and let's all stop worrying about how other players chose to play a game that is meant to be played differently by each individual and instead lets come together to focus on bring more players into the game to widen the queue

and remember this is just a game meant to be enjoyed by everyone in every aspect not meant to control what a person can and cannot do because someone chose a different path to reach the same satisfying goal

we are a community of supporting game lovers not a communistic society who shames one another because of work ethic and tactics

~peace & love
Alright, let me address some of your points
  1. I agree, boosting is not EXPLICITLY illegal according to KI's Term's of Service. That doesn't mean it is legitimate, or moral, to do. As others have mentioned, begging for mounts, helping then shortly thereafter abandoning other players, etc are all things that are also not against TOS. That doesn't make it ok to do these things. In addition, KI has taken a very anti-boosting policy in wiz in the last year. I don't see why KI doesn't do the same in pirate
  2. Increasing the amount of time between being able to fight the same player twice is probably your best idea, but I think it has some unforeseen consequences. True, it would make it very difficult to boost (People would still do it though). However, due to the small size of the legitimate pvp playerbase, it could also slow honest ranking down significantly. I think it's a solution that might be worth considering (maybe making it so you can't pull the same person in royale, the principal boosting venue, for a few hours)
  3. I'd actually be fine with having everyone's record public. In wiz they do this (when clicking on a player, it's past their stat screen). Why not in pirate? No need to make specific results public, but I think it's a good idea to publish 1v1, royale, and overall record. That would make it so boosters are obvious to the general public (part of the reason why the problem is so rampant is because there's no 100% clear way to identify them, only indicators)
  4. Boosters are not "choosing a different path" to reach the goal of champion. Cheating is not choosing a different path. Cheating is cheating, and should be treated as such imo. I absolutely think boosters should be shamed.
  5. Being a kid is not an excuse for cheating either. It's not right to excuse or allow immoral actions just because the perpetrator is a kid. Also, these boosters are not 'young kids' for the most part. I know many of them. They are fully conscious of their actions.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
May 21, 2012
36
Kevin BoomCaster on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:
okay if you guys are so dead set against boosting
(not illegal so I still agree it is legit until a penalty is released in the rule book)

a better solution may be to limit the amount of times you can fight a person within a short amount of time

say like with the smugglers arena where you have to wait 2 hours to be the starter of a run

why not make it where you have to wait 2 hours to be matched with the same person again

allows people to have more variety in opponents and slows the boosting process dramatically
of course this is not a permanent solution and could be extended to a higher time gap if seen fit

but my other idea was to allow people to see your most recent 3 match results (including who the opponent is) however I fear this would lead to people gloating and/or shaming players
and that would cause major mental issues for people who are already low on self-esteem so thus this is a bad idea

But honestly I don't see the problem with boosting it is not like it interferes with people who play seriously because if someone does not want to fight all they would do is flee and again that is no fun either
unless … "the reason people think boosting is bad is because they themselves want to boost off of these players"

but if that is not the case I say let them be and let's all stop worrying about how other players chose to play a game that is meant to be played differently by each individual and instead lets come together to focus on bring more players into the game to widen the queue

and remember this is just a game meant to be enjoyed by everyone in every aspect not meant to control what a person can and cannot do because someone chose a different path to reach the same satisfying goal

we are a community of supporting game lovers not a communistic society who shames one another because of work ethic and tactics

~peace & love
We know it isn't illegal since it isn't at the ToS of KI but it doesn't also mean it's fair or that KI Encourages it or legit. KI stopped boosting and boosters in Wizard101 and they're doing their best now to stop these from showing up ever again on the Leaderboards. Ranked system's purpose was to create a competitive environment between the players on the race to the ladder to Champion and the Champion Weapons as rewards for their accomplishment and hard work to improve from themselves and to achieve the final of the rankings.

Your idea seems fine. But it'll give us legitmate PvP players some kind of a struggle to find an opponent due to the small base of people who like to rank legit. It'll indeed stop boosters but that also may cause some issues to those who can barely get matches; Not just at higher ranks. Early ranks too at Contender. And again, If KI adds Leaderboards and PvP Spectator it should fix a part of the issue since it'll force things to go legit.

Boosting of course interferes with gameplay. It ruins the Ranked Experience for the legitmate players. Me waiting like i said in the original post in this thread and being dodged dozens of times. Then the 1% chance that someone may flee and leave their match if they have to go or something (which is fine if it's once in a while. They have their excuse). But it does surely slow the PvP Experience and it isn't no fun at all to get dodged a few times in a row NON STOP.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
721
anecorbie on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:
If you want to PVP for fun go to the Spar Chamber. When I consider that Ranked costs crowns ( whether by membership or by buying a pass for crowns ) that this is real money being spent to engage in a competitive activity, then true competitors aren't getting what they paid for( ie a match up with another player. )
Most of the Champions I've net don't "belittle" other lower ranked PVP players, I've had some good advice from them and some good matches.
Think about all the kinds of competitions kids engage in: music, sports, spelling bees - all these activities require them to be matched with another competitor; so using "it's a kids game" isn't a good enough excuse to allow boosting.
And what about the genuine competitors? Those rewards aren't going to be worth getting if all anyone has to do is fight themselves through an alt. account. This makes the idea of any competition ridiculous.
Suggesting fixes to an on-going problem is what this post is for, and frankly, your post is a prime example of someone trying to work up an argument.
I hope that Logan and Matthew ignores this post and will continue the discussion on how to stop boosting.
I personally think everyone has had a valid point, including the ideas I disagree with.

Kingsisle needs to consider everyone's opinion when making their decision on this because boosting isn't a small matter.

I think unfairly punishment for people just trying to have fun is something Kingsisle needs to consider if it could be perceived that way. The people that have said "boosting" is not against the current terms of use are absolutely correct. Before Kingsisle considers punishing boosters they need to edit the terms of use and let everyone know about the edits. The edits should be given a 3 week commenting period before they become the official terms of use and they should be clearly posted not only on these forums but on the Pirate 101 Facebook page as well.

One other thing to consider is what if Kingsisle does put a timer on people fighting the same person, I see 2 problems with this idea, 1. What if it is late at night and they are the only person in the queue and 2. Wouldn't a booster be able to switch to another pirate on their account and continue doing it. If a booster happened to have a full account with 6 max level pirates they could continue boosting even with each of their pirates getting a timer, because they would simply switch to the next one. I think Anecorbie would agree that trying to code it by account as opposed to by pirate would be really hard even if possible.

Community Leader
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:
I personally think everyone has had a valid point, including the ideas I disagree with.

Kingsisle needs to consider everyone's opinion when making their decision on this because boosting isn't a small matter.

I think unfairly punishment for people just trying to have fun is something Kingsisle needs to consider if it could be perceived that way. The people that have said "boosting" is not against the current terms of use are absolutely correct. Before Kingsisle considers punishing boosters they need to edit the terms of use and let everyone know about the edits. The edits should be given a 3 week commenting period before they become the official terms of use and they should be clearly posted not only on these forums but on the Pirate 101 Facebook page as well.

One other thing to consider is what if Kingsisle does put a timer on people fighting the same person, I see 2 problems with this idea, 1. What if it is late at night and they are the only person in the queue and 2. Wouldn't a booster be able to switch to another pirate on their account and continue doing it. If a booster happened to have a full account with 6 max level pirates they could continue boosting even with each of their pirates getting a timer, because they would simply switch to the next one. I think Anecorbie would agree that trying to code it by account as opposed to by pirate would be really hard even if possible.
Boosting never even became against the wizard101 terms of service. It was merely something that Friendly Necro and the KI team rightfully declared was unacceptable. I don't think they banned any of the perpetrators from the game, rightfully so, but they did nuke their rank down to 0, and iirc, made it impossible for them to return to the boards for at least the rest of that age. If they make this their policy in pirate101, as they should, I don't think a 3 week window is necessary. I can't imagine there is a single booster who actually believes that what they are engaging in is a legitimate way of earning rank. They know, somewhere, maybe deep down, that what they are doing is not how pvp was supposed to work (even if they may attempt to deny it). They either just don't care that they're acting wrongfully, or they think they can hide it and avoid getting caught (since it's difficult to definitively prove someone is boosting).

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
721
Matthew525011 on Jun 6, 2018 wrote:
Boosting never even became against the wizard101 terms of service. It was merely something that Friendly Necro and the KI team rightfully declared was unacceptable. I don't think they banned any of the perpetrators from the game, rightfully so, but they did nuke their rank down to 0, and iirc, made it impossible for them to return to the boards for at least the rest of that age. If they make this their policy in pirate101, as they should, I don't think a 3 week window is necessary. I can't imagine there is a single booster who actually believes that what they are engaging in is a legitimate way of earning rank. They know, somewhere, maybe deep down, that what they are doing is not how pvp was supposed to work (even if they may attempt to deny it). They either just don't care that they're acting wrongfully, or they think they can hide it and avoid getting caught (since it's difficult to definitively prove someone is boosting).
Let me remind you Pirate 101 is rated for everyone 10 years and up. A 10 Year Old might not realize boosting is wrong as it is not against the terms or service as of now. You can't know what everyone else is thinking.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9902
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 6, 2018 wrote:
Let me remind you Pirate 101 is rated for everyone 10 years and up. A 10 Year Old might not realize boosting is wrong as it is not against the terms or service as of now. You can't know what everyone else is thinking.
Bet you that even a 10 year old knows what cheating is and if you did it to them, how outraged they would be...

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
721
anecorbie on Jun 6, 2018 wrote:
Bet you that even a 10 year old knows what cheating is and if you did it to them, how outraged they would be...
If that particular 10 year old didn't consider boosting cheating they would probably help you boost your pirate if you asked them to.

Ensign
May 21, 2012
36
anecorbie on Jun 6, 2018 wrote:
Bet you that even a 10 year old knows what cheating is and if you did it to them, how outraged they would be...
Doubtful that a 10 years old could have the same brain and thinking of a 15+ years old. But let's go with that.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
135
Willowydream on May 27, 2018 wrote:
How exactly would you "fix" this? The population of PvP players is very small, so there isn't a huge pool to match from at all. If you inflict some sort of harsh penalty, then even fewer people would play.

New pirates find it difficult to join PvP because there is such a huge learning curve between fighting Troggies and fighting an established player.

I don't know what would be fair, which is why I almost never PvP.
Same, in both wiz and pirate ;-;

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
135
Kevin BoomCaster on Jun 3, 2018 wrote:
I may not ever agree in this thing people call "boosting" but let's get things straight

"boosting" is and will always be a legit way to rank up just like on wizard101 as it also ranks down people helping

The reason people do boosts as we all know is to get pvp gear, not to run around being forced to fight people who actually pvp for a hobby

And any nerf or attempt to stop boosting will only decrease the population of the game (or at least pvp)

so trying to force players to fight people that they would rather not fight is probably something Kingsisle does not want to do
(and may even lead to many matches being fled which then makes you the boosted {irony})

Instead why not just allow another way to receive pvp items and gear (weapons, Mounts, and other PvE useable items)
and just add a leaderboard so that there is still a reason for people to still do rank pvp and prove their skills.
I know this is the unpopular opinion but I agree with Kevin for the most part, until TOS says you can't boost, it's a viable option.

I also like the idea of being able to get the pvp items in another way, maybe like a super rare drop in fishing chests if fishing gets added.

Community Leader
Amber hawksong on Jul 18, 2018 wrote:
I know this is the unpopular opinion but I agree with Kevin for the most part, until TOS says you can't boost, it's a viable option.

I also like the idea of being able to get the pvp items in another way, maybe like a super rare drop in fishing chests if fishing gets added.
Kingsisle has implemented a very strong anti-boosting policy in wizard101, even removing the rank and leaderboard status of the most notorious boosters. In addition, they have implemented fixes to make it harder, albeit still possible, to boost in pvp. Correct, it doesn't say that boosting is banned in the TOS, but based on company policy, we can easily see that Kingsisle does not approve of boosting in their games.

As for getting the PvP items in another way, I have 2 words: git. gud.

Everyone who earned their champ weapons legitimately had to face people who had them when they did not (unless they champed in the first and most competitive season, which would mean they were among the best in the game).

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Jul 20, 2015
41
dear Matthew I disagree with you. It was not hat tough to hit champ then because of moo robe spam also luck is a huge factor and also if they get champ weapons from moo spam then they spam those champ weapons to get the other weapons then they have the most broken weapons ever from moo spam in one season good bye and please don't attack me first season undeserving first season moo spamming champs all the best valdus

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9902
Matthew525011 on Jul 19, 2018 wrote:
Kingsisle has implemented a very strong anti-boosting policy in wizard101, even removing the rank and leaderboard status of the most notorious boosters. In addition, they have implemented fixes to make it harder, albeit still possible, to boost in pvp. Correct, it doesn't say that boosting is banned in the TOS, but based on company policy, we can easily see that Kingsisle does not approve of boosting in their games.

As for getting the PvP items in another way, I have 2 words: git. gud.

Everyone who earned their champ weapons legitimately had to face people who had them when they did not (unless they champed in the first and most competitive season, which would mean they were among the best in the game).
I can't yar this reply enough, but that first season of Ranked PVP was the "season of the Moo Robe", I don't consider those who made it to champ with this item as "among the best in the game". If they made champ without this item and against those who had it - yes, they are the best.
There will always be those who see something they want and try to find a short cut, but if you can't earn something in the way that it was designed to be earned, then learn to do without it.
Fortunately, there are many weapons just as good as the champ weapons, everyone can get the "Contender" level pets without competing & morph with other pets for those desired talents/powers.
How anyone would want to display that "Champion" badge, weapon or mount without actually earning it, knowing that they didn't earn it and that true competitors KNOW they don't deserve it, is beyond my understanding - wouldn't they feel like a fake?

Community Leader
valdus15797 on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
dear Matthew I disagree with you. It was not hat tough to hit champ then because of moo robe spam also luck is a huge factor and also if they get champ weapons from moo spam then they spam those champ weapons to get the other weapons then they have the most broken weapons ever from moo spam in one season good bye and please don't attack me first season undeserving first season moo spamming champs all the best valdus
Valdus, I'm absolutely going to challenge you on this point, because you are completely wrong. You are correct, moo robe was spammed. The people without moo robe, however, would be congregating in the lower ranks. The people who did reach champ, with or without cottas, had to face a significant amount of opponents with cottas. It's not like 5-6 people had cottas, and abused that all the way to champion. There was a significant contingent of people with moo robe. They had to face each other. I don't see how luck has much to do with it. This game has had luck before and after champion weapons. It's a non-factor.

As for them being broken, I'll give you that fall weapon is broken for privy and witch. It's powerful on the other 3 classes, but not game-breakingly so. Summer and Winter weapon are hot garbage. Spring weapon is quite good on melee classes, but again, not broken.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Community Leader
anecorbie on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
I can't yar this reply enough, but that first season of Ranked PVP was the "season of the Moo Robe", I don't consider those who made it to champ with this item as "among the best in the game". If they made champ without this item and against those who had it - yes, they are the best.
There will always be those who see something they want and try to find a short cut, but if you can't earn something in the way that it was designed to be earned, then learn to do without it.
Fortunately, there are many weapons just as good as the champ weapons, everyone can get the "Contender" level pets without competing & morph with other pets for those desired talents/powers.
How anyone would want to display that "Champion" badge, weapon or mount without actually earning it, knowing that they didn't earn it and that true competitors KNOW they don't deserve it, is beyond my understanding - wouldn't they feel like a fake?
I would say anyone who didn't boost that season is among the best in the game, regardless of whether or not they had moo robe. Yes moo robe was op, but by the time you reached higher ranks (200-300+), you would probably be fighting exclusively people with their own cottas to match yours or players who were skillful enough to beat them consistently. I don't see how that makes them any less deserving. Take Deathflame for example. He used cottas. He went undefeated on his buck. There's no doubt in my mind he's elite.

There might be some people who were "carried" to champ by their moo robe, but I doubt those people are large in number. The amount of players who were legitimately skillfull, with and without moo robe, that season would have prevented so called "moo noobs" from reaching champion undeservingly.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9902
Matthew525011 on Jul 21, 2018 wrote:
I would say anyone who didn't boost that season is among the best in the game, regardless of whether or not they had moo robe. Yes moo robe was op, but by the time you reached higher ranks (200-300+), you would probably be fighting exclusively people with their own cottas to match yours or players who were skillful enough to beat them consistently. I don't see how that makes them any less deserving. Take Deathflame for example. He used cottas. He went undefeated on his buck. There's no doubt in my mind he's elite.

There might be some people who were "carried" to champ by their moo robe, but I doubt those people are large in number. The amount of players who were legitimately skillfull, with and without moo robe, that season would have prevented so called "moo noobs" from reaching champion undeservingly.
Fair enough, Matthew.