Throwback Thursday on Pirate101

1
AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
187
There should be a Throwback Thursday on Pirate101 that allows you to get Boochbeard Bundle Items like the Cat Pirate. I would pay any amount of money for him

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9080
1of1 Buccaneer on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
There should be a Throwback Thursday on Pirate101 that allows you to get Boochbeard Bundle Items like the Cat Pirate. I would pay any amount of money for him
I can see why many players keep asking for this bundle to return, but this was no ordinary bundle - it was a once-in-a-life-time bundle offered to launch Pirate101. It was retired PERMANENTLY, it's never coming back.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
159
1of1 Buccaneer on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
There should be a Throwback Thursday on Pirate101 that allows you to get Boochbeard Bundle Items like the Cat Pirate. I would pay any amount of money for him
Joke's on you, I already have him

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
116
Throwback Thursday would be cool, but might make some people who are considered "Rare" get upset because suddenly, their favorite never-to-return item is back!

But yes, I would love to get my hands on a Cat Pirate.

Misty,70
Zoe,36

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9080
crimsonreaper5 on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
Joke's on you, I already have him
That was rude, since this bundle was only available for a limited time; those players who joined P101 after that time didn't get the opportunity to purchase it.
I'm hoping that KI may issue a new bundle ( soon! ) with a really good companion ( & yes, a cat would be nice, but it would have to be completely different from the Cat Pirate. )
You're not cool when you constantly brag about your property.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
187
anecorbie on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
I can see why many players keep asking for this bundle to return, but this was no ordinary bundle - it was a once-in-a-life-time bundle offered to launch Pirate101. It was retired PERMANENTLY, it's never coming back.
I understand what you mean. I just feel bad because I was one of the first people to play Pirate101, but when Pirate101 started up I was still generally young and I couldn't get my parents to buy it. I really wish there could be some way of offering it to veteran players again, even though I know there's really no chance.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
crimsonreaper5 on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
Joke's on you, I already have him
don't brag if that's what your doing.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
anecorbie on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
I can see why many players keep asking for this bundle to return, but this was no ordinary bundle - it was a once-in-a-life-time bundle offered to launch Pirate101. It was retired PERMANENTLY, it's never coming back.
right on the mark! if they ever bring it back, which I highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt, it would probably be if the game is failing, which I HIGHLY doubt will happen any time soon, and they need more money to keep it running.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9080
1of1 Buccaneer on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
I understand what you mean. I just feel bad because I was one of the first people to play Pirate101, but when Pirate101 started up I was still generally young and I couldn't get my parents to buy it. I really wish there could be some way of offering it to veteran players again, even though I know there's really no chance.
I'm in the same fix, I got a week head start on P101 with a W101 game card, but I couldn't justify spending nearly $90 on an game.
Those who had the money and were able to get that bundle, I'm happy for them; though it doesn't stop me from wanting a cat ( any new cat )!
What about it, KI, we have plenty of Dogs available - give us another Cat!

Ensign
Aug 17, 2017
33
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
right on the mark! if they ever bring it back, which I highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt, it would probably be if the game is failing, which I HIGHLY doubt will happen any time soon, and they need more money to keep it running.
They never will

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
crimsonreaper5 on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
Joke's on you, I already have him
don't brag about it then ! we all know you have all the armada companions, crown shop companions, and whatever, but you don't need to brag about it! okay? good? we clear? good. like anecorbie said, people who joined p101 after the time the boochbeard bundle left, they couldn't get the bundle anyways. so its not fair to brag about stuff. some people didn't hear about the game until a while after the bundle left, like I did. okay, I'm done, (for now anyways ) just don't brag, its not fair to other people who cant get the bundle.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9080
sparkyrail12 on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
They never will
They added Balloons

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
202
I understand what you mean, I really couldn't care for the Boochbeard Bundle pack, but it would be amazing if it were offered to veteran players again, like maybe players that joined around 2010 like you and I did or something like that, but then again that wouldn't be very fair to the other players. I think the best bet is that they should have a Throwback Thursday featuring the Boochbeard Bundle Pack, and if there happens to be enough support from the community, I'm certain this very well may happen .

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
678
I think Ki would bring back the Boochbeard Bundle with enough support. They swore(Blind Mew anyway) we would never have Armada companions and 1 year later we got them. That said, it would be brought back at the $99 dollar price, it just would.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9080
1Of1Musketeer on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
I understand what you mean, I really couldn't care for the Boochbeard Bundle pack, but it would be amazing if it were offered to veteran players again, like maybe players that joined around 2010 like you and I did or something like that, but then again that wouldn't be very fair to the other players. I think the best bet is that they should have a Throwback Thursday featuring the Boochbeard Bundle Pack, and if there happens to be enough support from the community, I'm certain this very well may happen .
Part of the marketing for that bundle was that there would be NO RETURN; if they did that KI would lose a lot of integrity in many player's eyes.
Let's just concentrate on asking for a new, wonderful Bundle to celebrate P101's Five Years!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1345
anecorbie on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
That was rude, since this bundle was only available for a limited time; those players who joined P101 after that time didn't get the opportunity to purchase it.
I'm hoping that KI may issue a new bundle ( soon! ) with a really good companion ( & yes, a cat would be nice, but it would have to be completely different from the Cat Pirate. )
You're not cool when you constantly brag about your property.
I don't want to appear rude or mean to you, Crimsonreaper5, by saying this, but that was really mean by saying that. Joke's on us? What's that supposed to mean? One of my friends had the Boochbeard Bundle's Volcano House and I wish I have it, but it's not that big of a deal. But to others? Some others may feel bad about having him! Please try your best to be nicer here.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9080
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
I think Ki would bring back the Boochbeard Bundle with enough support. They swore(Blind Mew anyway) we would never have Armada companions and 1 year later we got them. That said, it would be brought back at the $99 dollar price, it just would.
You know, I was afraid someone would bring that up when asking about this bundle...* sigh *
Please, players, there is a difference between a Promotional Offer ( "join now, get this exclusive thingy; never to return!" ) and a comment made by a staff member ( an employee, not a manager in charge of company policy ) - who did add a proviso that Armada companions may be added if he could find a way to justify it.
It was marketed as a once in a life time chance! If KI brought it back, they would lose integrity in many players eyes and we could never trust their word again - that's not worth any amount of money! Would you trust a company who offered an exclusive bundle, retired it permanently, then brought it back because a group of players began whining for it?
It would be better if we simply asked for another Cat companion ( make it DIFFERENT from the Bouchbeard companion ).
I could see a female cat of a different class, maybe a witchdoctor, musketeer or privateer?
Please, I'm tired of seeing these posts asking for the impossible.
What's next? A demand for the Ninja Pig in the Crown Shop? ( please, DON"T go there! )
Post Edit: and it took 4 years ( not 1 year ) for Armada Companions to be added into the game & only after the addition of Valencia PT. 2.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
678
anecorbie on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
You know, I was afraid someone would bring that up when asking about this bundle...* sigh *
Please, players, there is a difference between a Promotional Offer ( "join now, get this exclusive thingy; never to return!" ) and a comment made by a staff member ( an employee, not a manager in charge of company policy ) - who did add a proviso that Armada companions may be added if he could find a way to justify it.
It was marketed as a once in a life time chance! If KI brought it back, they would lose integrity in many players eyes and we could never trust their word again - that's not worth any amount of money! Would you trust a company who offered an exclusive bundle, retired it permanently, then brought it back because a group of players began whining for it?
It would be better if we simply asked for another Cat companion ( make it DIFFERENT from the Bouchbeard companion ).
I could see a female cat of a different class, maybe a witchdoctor, musketeer or privateer?
Please, I'm tired of seeing these posts asking for the impossible.
What's next? A demand for the Ninja Pig in the Crown Shop? ( please, DON"T go there! )
Post Edit: and it took 4 years ( not 1 year ) for Armada Companions to be added into the game & only after the addition of Valencia PT. 2.
The fast food restaurant chain Mcdonald's recently brought back Szechuan Sauce. For Back To The Future Day in 2015, Pepsi sold limited edition Pepsi Perfect. If these things can happen years later, I think the Boochbeard Bundle can be brought back(even if it is for a limited time).

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1113
1Of1Musketeer on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
I understand what you mean, I really couldn't care for the Boochbeard Bundle pack, but it would be amazing if it were offered to veteran players again, like maybe players that joined around 2010 like you and I did or something like that, but then again that wouldn't be very fair to the other players. I think the best bet is that they should have a Throwback Thursday featuring the Boochbeard Bundle Pack, and if there happens to be enough support from the community, I'm certain this very well may happen .
The problem with that is where do you draw the line? Why is X person a veteran while Y, who joined a week later, is not?

I'd rather it didn't happen. I'd rather KI brought us a new, different cat (something along the lines of Captain Swing but female, maybe?) with different talents and powers. The swashbuckler cat is great and cool to watch, but I very much would prefer KI kept their promise to the folks who bought the bundles.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1113
To have a throwback Thursday we'd need to have something that was not permanently retired and a once in a life-time offer to offer us. All the bundles ever released, all the packs ever created for P101 are still available. We don't even get seasonal packs the way W101 does, so you can't suddenly whip out the Christmas packs in June.

Eventually, hopefully, we'll have more bundles and packs and some of the earlier ones can rotate out with bits brought in specifically for Throwback Thursday. Until then we'll just have to look on enviously at W101 getting lots of cool stuff (including yet another little bundle card this month).

Wanna share the love KI? Some of us really prefer pirate, and it hurts to be treated as a second-class citizen just because we're on the high seas.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9080
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 21, 2017 wrote:
The fast food restaurant chain Mcdonald's recently brought back Szechuan Sauce. For Back To The Future Day in 2015, Pepsi sold limited edition Pepsi Perfect. If these things can happen years later, I think the Boochbeard Bundle can be brought back(even if it is for a limited time).
A food product is entirely different from a promotional offer. For one thing it's not a "limited edition, never coming back" item, for another no one got upset when they canceled Szechuan sauce.
Players have been begging for the return of the Boochbeard Bundle from the time it was retired; that's 5 years of begging, pleading & whining!. A simple search of these boards for "Boochbeard Bundle" or "Cat Pirate" would show you that.
One Eyed Jack, we need a definitive answer to this!

Administrator
anecorbie on Oct 22, 2017 wrote:
A food product is entirely different from a promotional offer. For one thing it's not a "limited edition, never coming back" item, for another no one got upset when they canceled Szechuan sauce.
Players have been begging for the return of the Boochbeard Bundle from the time it was retired; that's 5 years of begging, pleading & whining!. A simple search of these boards for "Boochbeard Bundle" or "Cat Pirate" would show you that.
One Eyed Jack, we need a definitive answer to this!
I would fight a decision to re-release the original Boochbeard bundle with all the "NAR" I could muster.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
678
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 23, 2017 wrote:
I would fight a decision to re-release the original Boochbeard bundle with all the "NAR" I could muster.
Not exactly a definite answer but we do know One-Eyed Jack/Tom is against bringing it back now. That said he is only 1 person that works for Ki, and we don't know how the rest of Ki's team feels 1 way or the other. Thanks for weighing in One-Eyed Jack/Tom.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
look on the bright side, if you farm enough 7 day parrot rentals you can have the parrot mount forever

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1113
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 23, 2017 wrote:
I would fight a decision to re-release the original Boochbeard bundle with all the "NAR" I could muster.
And I would totally support you, as much as I would love to get my hands on that bundle.

But another bundle? Could we please have another bundle?

1