Things that make you go, "Hmmm....."

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
Why is it that you can't talk to Catbeard on the Cat's Paw while you are in Marleybone...

...but you CAN find Gortez in both Zenda, Monquista City, and his ship in Tradewinds after he becomes King of Monquista...

...and you can find those two cowbirds both on Ogallala Rock and Tumbleweed at the same time...

...and Blind Mew is on Skull Island, Scrimshaw, and Porte Royale all at the same time?

Hmmmmm.....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
Max DeGroot on Jul 5, 2015 wrote:
Why is it that you can't talk to Catbeard on the Cat's Paw while you are in Marleybone...

...but you CAN find Gortez in both Zenda, Monquista City, and his ship in Tradewinds after he becomes King of Monquista...

...and you can find those two cowbirds both on Ogallala Rock and Tumbleweed at the same time...

...and Blind Mew is on Skull Island, Scrimshaw, and Porte Royale all at the same time?

Hmmmmm.....
How do you KNOW Blind Mew is in both places at the same time? He could just be following YOU around.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
And then there are the multiple manifestations of Captain Reynolds...

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
331
Max DeGroot on Jul 5, 2015 wrote:
Why is it that you can't talk to Catbeard on the Cat's Paw while you are in Marleybone...

...but you CAN find Gortez in both Zenda, Monquista City, and his ship in Tradewinds after he becomes King of Monquista...

...and you can find those two cowbirds both on Ogallala Rock and Tumbleweed at the same time...

...and Blind Mew is on Skull Island, Scrimshaw, and Porte Royale all at the same time?

Hmmmmm.....
Catbeard is currently in jail during that time. I believe that characters cannot exist in multiple places when they are trapped.

Blind Mew has a mysterious way of traveling between locations. Some have asked him how, but all he says is "that would be telling". This is mentioned in his rogues gallery. He also mentions in he has an acute sense of steering.

I have no idea how Gortex, and I don't know what you mean by cowbird.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9181
Voodoo Cornelius on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Catbeard is currently in jail during that time. I believe that characters cannot exist in multiple places when they are trapped.

Blind Mew has a mysterious way of traveling between locations. Some have asked him how, but all he says is "that would be telling". This is mentioned in his rogues gallery. He also mentions in he has an acute sense of steering.

I have no idea how Gortex, and I don't know what you mean by cowbird.
Blind Mew has acute hearing not steering, and honestly, why are you so confused by his traveling? He's blind not utterly helpless! So he pays for traveling or begs or even stows away or friends give him a lift.......
No one can be in two places at the same time, ( ask Dr. Who ) you see these characters in different places and you assume that they are also in the other place, you last saw them. But your perception is flawed, they obviously traveled during the time you saw them last.
But here is something that has troubled me for some time: just where is Serena Guiteriez's husband? We rescue the bride, return her to her concerned foster father, but her husband is no where to be seen! If he had been killed or captured surely someone would have said something! Did he run away? Was he in on the plot to kidnap his own bride?
I wish Blind Mew would explain this!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
Voodoo Cornelius on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Catbeard is currently in jail during that time. I believe that characters cannot exist in multiple places when they are trapped.

Blind Mew has a mysterious way of traveling between locations. Some have asked him how, but all he says is "that would be telling". This is mentioned in his rogues gallery. He also mentions in he has an acute sense of steering.

I have no idea how Gortex, and I don't know what you mean by cowbird.
In Cool Ranch, you eventually get a side quest from Lorena Larker, a dove who is at the bottom of the stairs in Cooper's Roost. She sends you out to Ogalalla Rock in Big Sky. There you meet Gus McCrane and Woodrow Caw, two ranchers.

Later, when you get to Tumbleweed, you meet them again there. You can then go from one to the other, and they are always there.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1115
Yeah, but you're also wherever you're talking to them, so that doesn't really fly. Just as you're not in two places at once, neither are they.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
moo manchu continuing to live in his tower after it being broken into and him getting robbed daily makes me go hmmmmm

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9181
zuto4011a on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
moo manchu continuing to live in his tower after it being broken into and him getting robbed daily makes me go hmmmmm
Yeah, getting tired of hearing El Toro blithely comment "Well, we're never coming back here..." Oy Veh, the irony!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
anecorbie on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Blind Mew has acute hearing not steering, and honestly, why are you so confused by his traveling? He's blind not utterly helpless! So he pays for traveling or begs or even stows away or friends give him a lift.......
No one can be in two places at the same time, ( ask Dr. Who ) you see these characters in different places and you assume that they are also in the other place, you last saw them. But your perception is flawed, they obviously traveled during the time you saw them last.
But here is something that has troubled me for some time: just where is Serena Guiteriez's husband? We rescue the bride, return her to her concerned foster father, but her husband is no where to be seen! If he had been killed or captured surely someone would have said something! Did he run away? Was he in on the plot to kidnap his own bride?
I wish Blind Mew would explain this!
I am not nearly as bothered by the lack of Serena Guiteriez's husband as I am bothered by the fact that her father is a HORSE!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9181
Max DeGroot on Jul 9, 2015 wrote:
I am not nearly as bothered by the lack of Serena Guiteriez's husband as I am bothered by the fact that her father is a HORSE!!
Max, he's her adopted father, just as we were adopted by warf rats, ninja pigs, dogs or bears. Just as Don Rodrigo ( a bull ) was adopted by Don Rafael ( a horse ).

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
Max DeGroot on Jul 5, 2015 wrote:
Why is it that you can't talk to Catbeard on the Cat's Paw while you are in Marleybone...

...but you CAN find Gortez in both Zenda, Monquista City, and his ship in Tradewinds after he becomes King of Monquista...

...and you can find those two cowbirds both on Ogallala Rock and Tumbleweed at the same time...

...and Blind Mew is on Skull Island, Scrimshaw, and Porte Royale all at the same time?

Hmmmmm.....
Maybe Blind Mew got Monkey King's magic and used it to create dopplegangers(idk how to spell it) of himself.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
331
anecorbie on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Blind Mew has acute hearing not steering, and honestly, why are you so confused by his traveling? He's blind not utterly helpless! So he pays for traveling or begs or even stows away or friends give him a lift.......
No one can be in two places at the same time, ( ask Dr. Who ) you see these characters in different places and you assume that they are also in the other place, you last saw them. But your perception is flawed, they obviously traveled during the time you saw them last.
But here is something that has troubled me for some time: just where is Serena Guiteriez's husband? We rescue the bride, return her to her concerned foster father, but her husband is no where to be seen! If he had been killed or captured surely someone would have said something! Did he run away? Was he in on the plot to kidnap his own bride?
I wish Blind Mew would explain this!
In one of the forum posts when asked how he gets around he jokingly says that he has an acute sense of steering.

Petty Officer
Oct 24, 2012
63
Max DeGroot on Jul 5, 2015 wrote:
Why is it that you can't talk to Catbeard on the Cat's Paw while you are in Marleybone...

...but you CAN find Gortez in both Zenda, Monquista City, and his ship in Tradewinds after he becomes King of Monquista...

...and you can find those two cowbirds both on Ogallala Rock and Tumbleweed at the same time...

...and Blind Mew is on Skull Island, Scrimshaw, and Porte Royale all at the same time?

Hmmmmm.....
I go hmmm... at the vast number of the buildings that are tiny on the outside and HUGE insde. For instance... every building in the game! Especially in Monquista!

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
In the Captain Gunn puppet show, the yum yum fruit is said to "restore youth." If such truly is the case, how does old age still exist in the spiral with this "anti-aging" fruit readily available (courtesy of Captain Gunn)?

I have two theories: people simply refrain from eating them or the yum yum fruit's effects only work on those native to Mooshu.

I favor the second. In the pupet show, a Mooshan goat eats a yum yum fruit and has his youth restored. Also, the daily consumption yum yum fruit is probably one of the preservation methods Shunzang the Wise hinted at in Dead Mike's second promotion and is, perhaps, a general practice in Mooshu (explaining the long lives of many of Mooshu's characters). A yum yum a day keeps dying at bay.

Yet another question arises: does yum, like the yum yum fruit, restore youth? (Answer: probably not.)

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
In Bonnie Anne's first promotion, Old Fish Eye says that he doesn't have a Scaramanga. However, one can be found in the Musketeer's Roost.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9181
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
In the Captain Gunn puppet show, the yum yum fruit is said to "restore youth." If such truly is the case, how does old age still exist in the spiral with this "anti-aging" fruit readily available (courtesy of Captain Gunn)?

I have two theories: people simply refrain from eating them or the yum yum fruit's effects only work on those native to Mooshu.

I favor the second. In the pupet show, a Mooshan goat eats a yum yum fruit and has his youth restored. Also, the daily consumption yum yum fruit is probably one of the preservation methods Shunzang the Wise hinted at in Dead Mike's second promotion and is, perhaps, a general practice in Mooshu (explaining the long lives of many of Mooshu's characters). A yum yum a day keeps dying at bay.

Yet another question arises: does yum, like the yum yum fruit, restore youth? (Answer: probably not.)
Maybe only yum yum grown in MooShu has the effect of restoring youth? Also remember that the Emperor of MooShu has declared yum yum sacred, it's death to eat it, so you may restore your youth but you'll be executed for eating it ( death either way ).
Processing yum yum to make any of its products probably destroys the ability to restore youth.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9181
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
In Bonnie Anne's first promotion, Old Fish Eye says that he doesn't have a Scaramanga. However, one can be found in the Musketeer's Roost.
And why should he share his scaramanga with a scurvy pirate? Go get your own!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1115
Why is he Milo Greytail when his tail is pink?

Why are there no adult female cats in Marleybone? And why are the male cats never orphans? Why are there no orphaned female dogs? And no orphaned foxes at all? With no adult female cats, one wonders where the entire cat population comes from. Or are they like some fish or amphibians and change sexes when the balance is off (but still, there should be some, shouldn't there)?

We've seen the insides of a couple of Marleybonian prisons, in both the Isle of Dogs and Fort Basset. So is there some sort of Geneva convention regarding the care and treatment of prisoners? And if so, shouldn't there be a limit to the number of prisoners in a particular cell?

Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
25
Doctor Who Fan on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
I go hmmm... at the vast number of the buildings that are tiny on the outside and HUGE insde. For instance... every building in the game! Especially in Monquista!
time lord technology. they're bigger on the inside.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
The inoshishi bandits have hooves but yet they can still hold axes.

Special thanks to Esperanza Devereux.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
Fearless Finnagan on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
The inoshishi bandits have hooves but yet they can still hold axes.

Special thanks to Esperanza Devereux.
Wow! my 100th post! Seems like I just joined the boards. Lieutenant Finnigan. Has a nice ring to it, don't ya think?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9181
Why is my max level Black Tiger so much smaller than the max level bunnicorn?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
anecorbie on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
Why is my max level Black Tiger so much smaller than the max level bunnicorn?
Probably because the bunnicorn won't stop eating cupcakes. Where else did you think rainbow blessing came from?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
anecorbie on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
Why is my max level Black Tiger so much smaller than the max level bunnicorn?
I think it may have to do with the fact that the Bunnicorn is part unicorn...probably the part that is really, really big.

The unicorn is akin to a horse which can reach sizes much larger than a tiger. That one unicorn I ran into a while ago that kept poking me with it's horn, telling me jokes and kept asking "if I got the point?", was a huge beast...much, much larger than that tiger I ran into that held me captive for a Stripes movie marathon, while listening to The Eye of the Tiger on repeat.

So, I believe that the Bunnicorn got the cuteness part from the bunny and the overly immense part from the corn...I mean unicorn.