Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Shorten animation option?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 27, 2009
I'm not sure this is technically feasible and I know the animators are going to hate me for asking but... could we have the option setting the in battle animations to a 'quick form'? I feel like half the time spent in game is just sitting and waiting for the turn to play out. (For it to work all players in the battle would have to have the animations set to the quick form).

Developer
Nesogra on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
I'm not sure this is technically feasible and I know the animators are going to hate me for asking but... could we have the option setting the in battle animations to a 'quick form'? I feel like half the time spent in game is just sitting and waiting for the turn to play out. (For it to work all players in the battle would have to have the animations set to the quick form).
It's not possible-- but I can tell you that I do what I can to review animations, and keep the animators from going too crazy on the most common attacks.

It never hurts to make us aware of animations that you'd like to flag. Sometimes having a bit of "Community Backup" helps me push those little tweaks through.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yea like the Ettins bashing each other for reckless club behavior. It was funny the first 20 times, now it is really irritating and it makes the battle really last a long time. Can it be done so that they whomp on each other only a couple of times then they learn their lesson and just swing and wait for their next turn?

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013
Ratbeard on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
It's not possible-- but I can tell you that I do what I can to review animations, and keep the animators from going too crazy on the most common attacks.

It never hurts to make us aware of animations that you'd like to flag. Sometimes having a bit of "Community Backup" helps me push those little tweaks through.
Maybe a option to turn on or turn off mega, epic, super animations at least ?

Ensign
Oct 27, 2009
Ratbeard on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:

There is a weird pause after the inshu..something necro companion critical hits. I was really hoping it was possible to make it optional because the main culprits are the critical animations of melee companions. Those animations are really cool the first couple times (I almost feel out of my chair laughing the first time I was Catbeard's tier three critical) it just after we see them a bunch it feels like they are just dragging out the battle.

Developer
Nesogra on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
There is a weird pause after the inshu..something necro companion critical hits. I was really hoping it was possible to make it optional because the main culprits are the critical animations of melee companions. Those animations are really cool the first couple times (I almost feel out of my chair laughing the first time I was Catbeard's tier three critical) it just after we see them a bunch it feels like they are just dragging out the battle.
If there are long pauses at the end of animations that are unaccounted for, we can find and fix those very easily. Please enter a bug report.

As for the criticals, I don't think we would change those even if we could.

I know that at times, for experienced players (and certainly for myself), there's an end goal I am racing towards, and so things that are presented for my entertainment may bring more frustration. There are *all sorts* of things that will make an experienced player feel like the game is moving too slow. But streamlining the game so you can race through it (even if it *is* your 2nd or 3rd or 6th time through....) is not a road we are likely to go down.

Take a deep breath. Slow down. Take time to enjoy the game. You can always swap out your companions and watch somebody new.

It could be worse-- think about the high level spells in W101!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well said Ratbeard, you had me chuckling at the Wizard 101 jab . I love all the critics too and would never want them skipped, they are truly fun. Maybe it's because I was never that fond of 3 Stooges type humor, but like I said, I laughed the first few times with the ettins and just rolled my eyes the next 20 times, but it sure does feel like an annoying slowdown seeing the same thing over and over. That's why I was hoping for a switch after the first several times with the head bashing. After all, as a good director taught me when I took video editing many years ago, "A special effect used too much just isn't special any more.". So, in my humble opinion, too much repetitive skull whomping just isn't funny any more. But I will be the first to admit that my opinion and 4 bucks will get you a cappuccino

Ensign
Oct 27, 2009
"It could be worse-- think about the high level spells in W101! "

Comments like this remind me why I think you guys are awesome XD. LOL.