Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scurvy Dogs become too friendly

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
I've thought long and hard about the part where you ally with the Scurvy Dogs, and they no longer attack you, and have come to the conclusion that it just doesn't work from a gameplay perspective. Sure it makes getting around their hideout easier, but it also means you can't farm them, or help a friend defeat them. In fact, it's the reason one of Barnabus's promotion quests becomes impossible if you put it off to long.

If I'm right, having this make sense in the story would require changing exactly one line of dialog, spoken by an NPC who only appears in one quest, and that's his only line for the entire game period. So if you can't get Bosun Moon's origional Voice actor to do it, re-casting him should be extremely easy.

I do, hovever think this kind of thing might have promise if done in reverse, having monsters start out friendy, and becoming hostile.

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
I agree, but I also wonder why it was done for this particular zone. I get it, they had to fit the Brass Monkey in, but why don't other creatures do this? Why do only the dogs like us, and not the troggies, who's rebellion we overthrew? They still attack us. The Marleybone navy in Skull Island still attack us even though we stopped a war in their home world. So, why did they choose to only make the dogs friendly?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HoodooNerd on Oct 25, 2016 wrote:
I agree, but I also wonder why it was done for this particular zone. I get it, they had to fit the Brass Monkey in, but why don't other creatures do this? Why do only the dogs like us, and not the troggies, who's rebellion we overthrew? They still attack us. The Marleybone navy in Skull Island still attack us even though we stopped a war in their home world. So, why did they choose to only make the dogs friendly?
So you don't have to keep avoiding the mobs each time you go to talk to Captain Dan.