Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Professor Diaz's Sky Snakes

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
After you gather the lightning clouds for Professor Diaz (which is a piece of cake) he then sends you out to get sky snake fangs.

I end up waiting until I am nearly done with Cool Ranch to complete this quest, because the agility on these snakes is so ridiculously high, I cannot defeat them. Just about every time, they dodge my attacks, and just about every time, they hit me and my companions. We simply can't keep up.

Can the level of these snakes be lowered to some reasonable level?

Ensign
Nov 12, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
After you gather the lightning clouds for Professor Diaz (which is a piece of cake) he then sends you out to get sky snake fangs.

I end up waiting until I am nearly done with Cool Ranch to complete this quest, because the agility on these snakes is so ridiculously high, I cannot defeat them. Just about every time, they dodge my attacks, and just about every time, they hit me and my companions. We simply can't keep up.

Can the level of these snakes be lowered to some reasonable level?
what I did to kill them was use all range attack companions,
he snakes won't be able to first strike, vengeance strike, or other epics because of the range attacks
It helps alot

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
ladyFelix on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
he snakes won't be able to first strike, vengeance strike, or other epics because of the range attacks
It helps alot
That would be nice, if you could pick your companions...which you can't...

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
ladyFelix on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
It helps alot
True but the point about how arbitrary and semi useless companion system rears it's ugly head.

Ensign
Nov 12, 2012
Community Leader
Standard strategy in KI games...
If your having difficulty with a quest, do something else level up some, and come back.

Keep in mind that abilities/levels will vary from pirate to pirate as they approach certain tasks.

I love how the companion system changes up my battles and makes it so no battle is quite the same ever.
IMO those having problem with the companion system are failing (or refusing) to adjust their strategies.

I agree the snakes are tough, but not by any means a problem that requires nerfing.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
Standard strategy in KI games...
If your having difficulty with a quest, do something else level up some, and come back.

Keep in mind that abilities/levels will vary from pirate to pirate as they approach certain tasks.

I love how the companion system changes up my battles and makes it so no battle is quite the same ever.
IMO those having problem with the companion system are failing (or refusing) to adjust their strategies.

I agree the snakes are tough, but not by any means a problem that requires nerfing.
It's a little disturbing reading this post. I've done these mobs and like certain others they're overpowered and quite strong even if you're companions are over ten levels higher than them. It's even more painful for someone with dropped or vendor gear and a horrible spread (which is likely due to the arbitrary system) of companions. That's fun let's just flee heal up and travel all the way back till we get what we want. We could also just fight for over five minutes have a couple companions die and end up seeing this happen four or more times due to the collection quest.

There's a reason most people complain about mobs like these in game and on the forums. They're simply too strong and the companion system makes it worse by rubbing salt into the wound. I like the game as much as every one else. I have five accounts and purchased at least 150-200k crowns so far. Please be a little more honest.

Is there some sort of free kool aid KI is handing out I'm not aware of?