Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

One Year Ago this Month

1
AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9621
One year ago in September, we had a Quality of Life update. This introduced some very important items we were needing in the game: item lock and quest finder; as well a promotion for Old Scratch.
What do you think our next update will bring? ( If we get one this year. )

Captain
Feb 12, 2015
598
anecorbie on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
One year ago in September, we had a Quality of Life update. This introduced some very important items we were needing in the game: item lock and quest finder; as well a promotion for Old Scratch.
What do you think our next update will bring? ( If we get one this year. )
I'm thinking a much-needed improvement to our Side Activities! That's needed (almost) just as much as new story content!

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2018
85
Ooh, so many possibilities!
Heheh... shall we begin?

A new bundle!
A new world!
Maybe a barber to change hairstyles? Or a new hairstyle (like a...braid?)

A new house...MooShu themed?
Meeting our foster parents (if they aren't killed by the armada...)
And maybe new emotes in the game...
and a ship emojii!!!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
717
anecorbie on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
One year ago in September, we had a Quality of Life update. This introduced some very important items we were needing in the game: item lock and quest finder; as well a promotion for Old Scratch.
What do you think our next update will bring? ( If we get one this year. )
I was going to say Crafting but now I am not so sure.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
454
anecorbie on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
One year ago in September, we had a Quality of Life update. This introduced some very important items we were needing in the game: item lock and quest finder; as well a promotion for Old Scratch.
What do you think our next update will bring? ( If we get one this year. )
At this point, the next update might very well be the sunset update.

A year without an update, is like a year without rain.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/september2010

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9621
Oran from Urz on Sep 17, 2019 wrote:
At this point, the next update might very well be the sunset update.

A year without an update, is like a year without rain.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/september2010
Why that particular link?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9621
Oran from Urz on Sep 17, 2019 wrote:
At this point, the next update might very well be the sunset update.

A year without an update, is like a year without rain.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/september2010
Hoping that our next update ( QoL or story ) will include some bug fixes & raising the levels on ships & gear from bundles and the Crown Shop.

Captain
Feb 12, 2015
598
glitterway123 on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
Ooh, so many possibilities!
Heheh... shall we begin?

A new bundle!
A new world!
Maybe a barber to change hairstyles? Or a new hairstyle (like a...braid?)

A new house...MooShu themed?
Meeting our foster parents (if they aren't killed by the armada...)
And maybe new emotes in the game...
and a ship emojii!!!
Our... foster parents? I never thought of that! It would actually be a good idea to have something involving them! Good idea!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1859
If we do get an update to the game this year, I am hoping that it will at least address the various bugs that have been complained about for years:

Level 70 gear in packs
Level 70 holiday ships
Fix Yuletide spirit promotions and abilities
Fix no-stat crown shop gear for stitching
etc.
etc.
etc.

[and a ship image for the forums]

Administrator
anecorbie on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
One year ago in September, we had a Quality of Life update. This introduced some very important items we were needing in the game: item lock and quest finder; as well a promotion for Old Scratch.
What do you think our next update will bring? ( If we get one this year. )
I would tune into next week's Pirate101 birthday KI Live.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9621
Bat Masterson on Sep 19, 2019 wrote:
I would tune into next week's Pirate101 birthday KI Live.

Oh, be still my giddy heart!

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2018
85
Admiral
May 30, 2010
1139
Bat Masterson on Sep 19, 2019 wrote:
I would tune into next week's Pirate101 birthday KI Live.
I would, if I weren't at work still.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1859
Bat Masterson on Sep 19, 2019 wrote:
I would tune into next week's Pirate101 birthday KI Live.
I have to admit, this next KI Live is going to be make or break for me, as my subscription renews at the beginning of October and there are other things I could do with the $60 right now.

I will be at work, so I cannot watch the show Live, but here's hoping for good news.


Administrator
Willowydream on Sep 20, 2019 wrote:
I have to admit, this next KI Live is going to be make or break for me, as my subscription renews at the beginning of October and there are other things I could do with the $60 right now.

I will be at work, so I cannot watch the show Live, but here's hoping for good news.

We'll have it on YouTube later, no worries!

Captain
Feb 12, 2015
598
I'm stuck between thinking that this is either the beginning of our trouble's end or the end of our trouble's beginnings.

Ensign
Jan 26, 2019
13
Ensign
Dec 10, 2012
9
Lookit Light on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
I'm thinking a much-needed improvement to our Side Activities! That's needed (almost) just as much as new story content!
I honestly think this would be very high up there. Stuff like fishing, crafting, and gardening would give us a lot more to do while waiting for updates. Me personally would love gardening the most, but fishing makes soooo much sense.

Captain
Feb 12, 2015
598
I must say, with all this talk about important new, this next KI Live is going to be a turning point in Pirate101's history. The outcome of the game very much depends on what is going to happen in what's left of this year. Everyone's patience, including mine, is just about spent, we've spent years waiting. I sincerely hope this isn't merely going to be a few words of encouragement for us. I'll admit, we need to see what's happening next if there's going to be a revival of interest in this game.

There are two possible outcomes here, and only one of them is going to happen. Either we finally get an update that isn't just a few QoL things, a decent focus is brought to this game, and Pirate101 is revived to a semblance of its former glory. OR we continue on this downward spiral until eventually, the game dies. It majorly depends on what happens this Thursday.

I sincerely hope the former happens. I don't want this game to die.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1859
Bat Masterson on Sep 20, 2019 wrote:
We'll have it on YouTube later, no worries!
That wasn't my worry...


Captain
Feb 12, 2015
598
Lookit Light on Sep 23, 2019 wrote:
I must say, with all this talk about important new, this next KI Live is going to be a turning point in Pirate101's history. The outcome of the game very much depends on what is going to happen in what's left of this year. Everyone's patience, including mine, is just about spent, we've spent years waiting. I sincerely hope this isn't merely going to be a few words of encouragement for us. I'll admit, we need to see what's happening next if there's going to be a revival of interest in this game.

There are two possible outcomes here, and only one of them is going to happen. Either we finally get an update that isn't just a few QoL things, a decent focus is brought to this game, and Pirate101 is revived to a semblance of its former glory. OR we continue on this downward spiral until eventually, the game dies. It majorly depends on what happens this Thursday.

I sincerely hope the former happens. I don't want this game to die.
HOORAY!!! The former is happening, and not the latter! I'm so happy right now! All this new sudden stuff about Verminus BrineBeard and Black Anne Rackham and a potential return to Avernus... even if its not a new world (which was too much to hope for at such short notice anyway) I be jumping out of me boots! Break out the Yum casks, people! This is a moment to celebrate!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9621
Lookit Light on Sep 27, 2019 wrote:
HOORAY!!! The former is happening, and not the latter! I'm so happy right now! All this new sudden stuff about Verminus BrineBeard and Black Anne Rackham and a potential return to Avernus... even if its not a new world (which was too much to hope for at such short notice anyway) I be jumping out of me boots! Break out the Yum casks, people! This is a moment to celebrate!
Yes, a Wake is a kind of celebration.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1859
Lookit Light on Sep 27, 2019 wrote:
HOORAY!!! The former is happening, and not the latter! I'm so happy right now! All this new sudden stuff about Verminus BrineBeard and Black Anne Rackham and a potential return to Avernus... even if its not a new world (which was too much to hope for at such short notice anyway) I be jumping out of me boots! Break out the Yum casks, people! This is a moment to celebrate!
I'm beginning to think you and I didn't watch the same show...


Captain
Feb 12, 2015
598
Willowydream on Sep 30, 2019 wrote:
I'm beginning to think you and I didn't watch the same show...

To be honest, my joy was short-lived. I'm interested about the new Skeleton Key bosses, but nothing in here fails to address the two key demand of players: new content that provides an incentive for players to keep playing after they've completed the storyline, and a new world or some other story-based content that lasts longer then an hour or two.

And this FTUD? I'm going to be brutally honest here: I think it to be a waste of potential. This game does NOT need a toning down of it's difficulty, the only thing I can see it being helpful is that people should now not struggle with their Nautical Level. If anything, it will only make the game's condition worse, as it will drive away all the aura of challenge that makes this game interesting at all. Breezing through all those fights with ease doesn't make the game more intriguing. It makes it boring.

Short story? I'm sorry to say this to you KI, but I refuse to accept the First Time User Difficulty as a part of the game in it's current state. I request that this part of the update be recalled, and it, and what is trying to do, be taken into serious reconsideration. I'm sorry to have to say this, but I, as a devoted ally of this game since Beta Testing, feel the need to start making demands if this game is to have any hope of surviving.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2018
85
Hurray!

Oh, come on guys we at least got an update, even if it is a bit small. We might not be getting a storyline update, but we are getting an update.

1