Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New pirate slot....

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
For those of us that have played forever.... (since beta)

Will they be porting over the new Wizard101 feature to purchase a new character slot?

I dont want to delete any of my hard won level 70 pirates, to go back and enjoy the whole storyline again, but I would sure like to do that!

Thank you for listening....

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Jun 23, 2019 wrote:

Will they be porting over the new Wizard101 feature to purchase a new character slot?

I dont want to delete any of my hard won level 70 pirates, to go back and enjoy the whole storyline again, but I would sure like to do that!

Dr. Zeppers, to enjoy the Pirate101 experience over again, just make a new account! ( This is what I did, with 2 extra accounts ). I don't think an extra slot is necessary for this game as we only have 5 classes, where in Wizard101 there is 7 schools and, until recently, only 6 slots.
Players of that game were asking for a 7th slot almost from the beginning and it took 10 years for KI to implement it ( and it costs a large amount of crowns ).

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Jun 23, 2019 wrote:

I think the main reason they created a seventh character slot on Wizard was due to have more schools than slots. What Pirate needs is a new class (and then a new slot for all the pirates who already filled up their slots :).

Community Leader
anecorbie on Jun 23, 2019 wrote:
Dr. Zeppers, to enjoy the Pirate101 experience over again, just make a new account! ( This is what I did, with 2 extra accounts ). I don't think an extra slot is necessary for this game as we only have 5 classes, where in Wizard101 there is 7 schools and, until recently, only 6 slots.
Players of that game were asking for a 7th slot almost from the beginning and it took 10 years for KI to implement it ( and it costs a large amount of crowns ).
I see... and oh.. Just subscribe a second time?

I understand the comparison to Wizard101 schools, etc.

You guys are over thinking things way too much.

I simply suggested they add the feature over here.

I am sorry, I dont need anyone to talk me out of my opinion.

Thanks though.

Happy Plundering

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Jun 24, 2019 wrote:

Thanks though.

Happy Plundering
I don't sub, buy zones!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Dr Zeppers on Jun 24, 2019 wrote:

Thanks though.

Happy Plundering
If your current pirates are all maxed (and since nothing new has been added to the game for a couple of years), why not drop the subscription on your current account and subscribe on a new one? If they ever let the story progress beyond Valencia 2 you can drop the new account's subscription to play your maxed pirates the rest of the way through the story or just purchase that other chapter.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I don't think there is anything wrong with adding an additional character slot if that's possible. I can certainly understand not wanting to have to create a second account just to play another pirate if someone is willing to spend Crowns instead.

Both viewpoints have merit, but ultimately, it will have to be Kingsisle's call as to what the game programming will allow

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 24, 2019 wrote:
I don't sub, buy zones!
One advantage to buying zones is they are always there, even if you stop playing for a year or so.

I subscribed 3 accounts on pirate and 3 on wizard, but since we haven't had a reasonable update in so long, I've dropped all but one pirate subscription and switched to buying zones as I get to them. If they start supporting the game again, I'll go ahead and resub, but that's money down the drain ATM.

Wizard is all subscriptions now because I'm playing more wizard. There's something to do and worlds left to explore for those accounts.

Community Leader
I have played both games for years and years, remember when the level cap in Wizzy was 50? I was also a P101 beta tester frequenting these boards way before they invented "Yars!" lol.

I have a wizard account, and a pirate account, both have played both games at some point in time.

I already bought the extra slot on my Wizard101 account, not to fulfill schools, but to bring another character thru the story. Its been years since I played the beginning arc, wanted to play it again.
Nothing as self-serving as wanting to train that "school" I hadnt yet trained. I wanted to actually ENJOY the game... imagine that.

Now I am reserved to 1 account. I tried creating a new pirate on my second account, but next thing I knew my pirate friends would ask for help, and guess what. That account with one low level pirate became helpless...

I would by far rather subscribe my account with all my developed pirates, and play yet another little pirate from start to current finish... having purchased a slot. It makes little or NO sense whatsoever just to fund another account entirely. No thank you, I dont have that much disposable income. 18k crowns on the other hand is not much to spend to play this great game some more.

I have NO intention of buying the game multiple times, its hard enough to justify ONE subscription. With the games future appearing to be in question for many its also unfortunately hard to promote, but I try! I find it to be a way better game than Wizard101.