Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Holiday Pack Would Have Been Nice for Pirates

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I don't want to belittle the effort of providing new holiday skins for mounts in Pirate101, however, since both Wizard and Pirate are sharing the 12 Days page, it really kind of is a letdown to see all of the cool new stuff that wizards are getting, while our pirates are not.

I play both games, so I'll see the stuff either way, but anyone who is leaning Pirate, or solely Pirate, is feeling a tad envious at this point, I would imagine.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
I don't want to belittle the effort of providing new holiday skins for mounts in Pirate101, however, since both Wizard and Pirate are sharing the 12 Days page, it really kind of is a letdown to see all of the cool new stuff that wizards are getting, while our pirates are not.

I play both games, so I'll see the stuff either way, but anyone who is leaning Pirate, or solely Pirate, is feeling a tad envious at this point, I would imagine.

I t does seem a bit like the jealousy of the little brother for his older sibling.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I just saw the pack and I must say, I'm a tad annoyed - I want an ice skating rink and glitter globe! ( *Throws tantrum*. You don't love me as much as my brother! )

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:

Yes I suppose you could say I'm feeling a wee bit envious being one of those players who only plays Pirate, but it wouldn't be the first time that Wizard101's content has showed up Pirate's. Well, the 12 days aren't over yet so maybe KI will make it up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
While I'm pleased to hear that we're getting a few more decorations on Skull Island, it does seem a bit cheesy we don't rate a holiday pack. Revenues come from product, and a pack could reasonably be expected to generate a bit more crowns flow for Pirate101. We already have some Wizardly furniture ported over; how difficult is it to port in a few more things? You could recycle some of the snack art (yes, I know you'd have to make it fit the Pirate categories), and maybe some ship equipment (more exciting, ship equipment for things like the Beluga ship or the other holiday-specific ships). You could even make the ship gear the chase cards for the set. Offer a dye-able crystal mount and a piratical snowman pet (okay, that one would be trickier -- re-skin a pet you already have animations for) in the pack as well. Since it's a holiday pack and only around a short while each year, you could even have one particularly desirable crew member for the super lucky pirate to discover.

Sigh. I'll go sob into my mug of mulled yum while I watch the wizards gleefully rip through their third seasonal pack.

Fee

Edited to deal with jealousy-induced horrible punctuation.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
Yep, this last one, they got cute rabbits pulling a sleigh and we get....more horses.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
But at least the new crystal mounts are prettier! The class-colors are not great combinations when applied to the crystal mounts.

Would be nice to have a holiday pack.

Take the starting companions, reskin 'em in Santa and or elf suits, and ler 'er rip!

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Ricardo6802 on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
Yep, this last one, they got cute rabbits pulling a sleigh and we get....more horses.
And not just any horse. Crystal horses, that once again are not dye-able. At least the white one with the blue mane and tail is an attractive color combo. The colors they chose as the witch doctor's main colors always make me wince when I see them together.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
I just saw the pack and I must say, I'm a tad annoyed - I want an ice skating rink and glitter globe! ( *Throws tantrum*. You don't love me as much as my brother! )
Yes, and to avoid any further tantrums from little brother Pirate, KI should put some serious thought into giving us a pack at least in the next 12 days of the spiral.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Indigo Ring on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
But at least the new crystal mounts are prettier! The class-colors are not great combinations when applied to the crystal mounts.

Would be nice to have a holiday pack.

Take the starting companions, reskin 'em in Santa and or elf suits, and ler 'er rip!

-Indigo
Oh ROFL, Subodai as an elf?!
Subodai: I'll never wear such a ridiculous costume - I'd sooner stand in a pit of snakes!

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Wizard has 3 packs for the yuletide holiday and Pirate currently has none, but hey, I'm hopeful and still very thankful for what we've gotten! :) In my opinion the free mount was better than the dungeon (which we only got one free key for) xD

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
Pirate101 deserves more attention... just because Wizard101 has more players it doesn't mean there is no chance not to make P101 great again (let me know if you get the joke )

~ Darling Brittany Neels

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:
Wizard has 3 packs for the yuletide holiday and Pirate currently has none, but hey, I'm hopeful and still very thankful for what we've gotten! :) In my opinion the free mount was better than the dungeon (which we only got one free key for) xD
Plus that holiday dungeon contains a horribly OP boss ( with cheats ) and is impossible to solo! You're right, a free mount trumps that every time.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Mythali126 on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:
Pirate101 deserves more attention... just because Wizard101 has more players it doesn't mean there is no chance not to make P101 great again (let me know if you get the joke )

~ Darling Brittany Neels
Yeah I do get the joke (hah,hah very funny) but wouldn't that be implying that Pirate101 isn't great currently? I do agree though that Pirate101 could use just a bit more attention maybe.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
While I'm pleased to hear that we're getting a few more decorations on Skull Island, it does seem a bit cheesy we don't rate a holiday pack. Revenues come from product, and a pack could reasonably be expected to generate a bit more crowns flow for Pirate101. We already have some Wizardly furniture ported over; how difficult is it to port in a few more things? You could recycle some of the snack art (yes, I know you'd have to make it fit the Pirate categories), and maybe some ship equipment (more exciting, ship equipment for things like the Beluga ship or the other holiday-specific ships). You could even make the ship gear the chase cards for the set. Offer a dye-able crystal mount and a piratical snowman pet (okay, that one would be trickier -- re-skin a pet you already have animations for) in the pack as well. Since it's a holiday pack and only around a short while each year, you could even have one particularly desirable crew member for the super lucky pirate to discover.

Sigh. I'll go sob into my mug of mulled yum while I watch the wizards gleefully rip through their third seasonal pack.

Fee

Edited to deal with jealousy-induced horrible punctuation.
Seriously? Wizard101 is getting their third holiday pack? That's a bit too much, if you ask me. Is it too much to ask Kingsisle to make a little holiday pack for us? I wouldn't mind at all if it had some imported Wizard101 housing, pet, and/or clothing stuff, with some reskinned stuff here and there, and maybe some reskinned holiday-style companions, and bam- you got yourself a nice little Christmas pack for the holidays.

Like other players, I was a bit angry when I saw the wizards got a horde of even more stuff and all we got were just 3 new mounts.

Really, enough with the bombardment of horses. We got plenty of them now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Infantile singing:
Krampus Bells,
Wizards Smell,
Ambrose has been scuppered.
Avery snuck into his office and locked him in the cupboard!
Just some good natured ribbing of Pirates 'older brother'.

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
Marleybone073 on Dec 17, 2016 wrote:
Yeah I do get the joke (hah,hah very funny) but wouldn't that be implying that Pirate101 isn't great currently? I do agree though that Pirate101 could use just a bit more attention maybe.
True it is already great, but I mean great for other players to see, like for KI to add another pack to Pirate101 so wizards see what amazing this P101 has

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 17, 2016 wrote:
Infantile singing:
Krampus Bells,
Wizards Smell,
Ambrose has been scuppered.
Avery snuck into his office and locked him in the cupboard!
Just some good natured ribbing of Pirates 'older brother'.
Here's another for you:

I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas.
Boochbeard and Gandry are mad,
I'm gettin' nuttin' for Chirstmas,
Cuz I ain't been nuttin' but bad!

I crashed my raft on Blood Shoals' dock
I stole a ring on Scorpion Rock,
I picked that second Group Chest lock,
and Blind Mew snitched on me!

Spilled some ink on Avery's rug,
I made Ratbeard eat a bug,
I paid Decius with a slug,

Next year, I'll be going straight,
Next year, we'll be good, just wait!
Could start now, but it's too late,
Blind Mew snitched on me...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
Here's another for you:

Perfect

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Mythali126 on Dec 18, 2016 wrote:
True it is already great, but I mean great for other players to see, like for KI to add another pack to Pirate101 so wizards see what amazing this P101 has
Yeah we could use a reason to rub something in those wizards faces (one of these days we'll get an opportunity to do just that, mark my words!).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Willowydream on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
Here's another for you:

Brilliance and I sang the whole thing

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
i really want more content for pirate, but i get it, wizard101 has more profit coming into it, we need more players in pirate if we want anything.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
if it makes yall feel any better i got nothing from either gae the entire 12 days since i didnt get a new computer until 2 days ago xD

but i agree that place-able skating rink was a great addition :3 (psst my idea via twitter 1 1/2 years ago lol!) xD had to toot my own horn for a second lol but either way I still dont have one of them! ha ha always next year and best time to suggest goodies is 6 months prior ;D just thought I'd let you in on that...

stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
if it makes yall feel any better i got nothing from either gae the entire 12 days since i didnt get a new computer until 2 days ago xD

but i agree that place-able skating rink was a great addition :3 (psst my idea via twitter 1 1/2 years ago lol!) xD had to toot my own horn for a second lol but either way I still dont have one of them! ha ha always next year and best time to suggest goodies is 6 months prior ;D just thought I'd let you in on that...

stormy jen silver
I'm very sorry you missed all the goodies, Jen. Next year though....

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
ooo what about having a certain pack occasionally drop a few crowns? 1-25 no more than that.. I think it'd have to be a limited-time pack such as a holiday pack.. one you'd naturally buy for yourself and others.. bursts of gold up to 5000 be great too..

other fun piratey holiday stuff.. candy cane cannons(both home and ship)(home one shoots confetti), candy cane anchor(for ship but a wall-hanging be neat too), candy cane lightpoles for home walkways, elf hats with ears and beards, placeable skating rink but LARGER because we have larger yards, outdoor icicle lights, candy cane peg-leg pants, LARGE moving snowman(even better if could build and decorate), holiday music player, holiday music scrolls, GIANT snow pile that still easily stacks with current ones, holiday curtains and tablecloths, an interactive placeable snow mini-mountain with ice slides and baby penguins that flip and slide, new holiday papers could include laughing reindeer w/red noses and snow falling, candy cane stripes.. icy bamboo privacy fences, cherry blossum trees, iced willow trees, star chandoliers, holiday bunkbed, holiday bed&bathroom set, a hangable candy cane bookshelf, LARGER spiral trees, yum barrel with spiggot and red bow, large bowl of sugared yum fruits, playable peppermint drum set, wooden rocking horse(interactive), Penguin NPCs, MB NPC scullery maid, buildable LARGE outdoor train set, interactive ship whistle, peppermints flooring(not stripes but round peppermints like larger cobblestone?), 2 new holiday pets a gumdrup and a baby blue penguin with a hat.

stormy jen silver