Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea: Companion Interacting

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I got an idea where companions talk to each other.

For example, if Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard talked, they wouldn't be available for combat, and afterwards you'd get to hear their conversation.

Just a thought.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:

For example, if Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard talked, they wouldn't be available for combat, and afterwards you'd get to hear their conversation.

Just a thought.
I like this, it would show some realism, maybe they talk about the current situation and their thoughts on it? I wouldn't mind having a Tavern where companions go when they brawl, keel haul... etc. And they could talk about their opinions on the job they are doing, a small and not completely necessary edition but still a fun one.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:

Just a thought.
Well...technically....they always interact,don't they?In quests Companions replace narrators,and Ratbeard and Bonnie's fighting isn't really something I wanna spy on.

And it doesn't seem like much of a chore,as it won't really get you the captain,anything,right?

Also,if I put my Mooshuese Samoorai Musketeer,and my non-sapient Batacuda on talking duty I would collect from the task a bunch of Mooshuese talking that I don't understand and a bunch of hissing?And this when either or both of those could have either fought at my side,or gone out to get me some stuff?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Talking about the captain when he's away.......is there a mutiny brewing? It would be cool though for example if a companion is off on a task to get a letter from him or her telling about their task like the pets do when training.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
I like it, but I think it may be a lot of writing and recording to do... a LOT. And how exactly would other companions such as crowns and packs would interact with each other... Though, what would be kind of funny is that instead of having them actually say something, they could use their own animal sounds and still communicate with each other.

I know that someone is going to say this, so I'm stealing it. But what does Bonnie Anne say?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
435Snow Owl on Nov 1, 2014 wrote:
I like it, but I think it may be a lot of writing and recording to do... a LOT. And how exactly would other companions such as crowns and packs would interact with each other... Though, what would be kind of funny is that instead of having them actually say something, they could use their own animal sounds and still communicate with each other.

I know that someone is going to say this, so I'm stealing it. But what does Bonnie Anne say?
LOL Funny!
I am imagining a scenario like Groot. Krokogator growls and companion translates each time.