Clockwork companion idea

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 01, 2012
8
okay so i was playing and beat rook then i told my friend about my idea
and he thought it was good so i told him i would post it so here it is
if you have been inside that prison in port regal
then you know phule he is the only clockwork we've seen and not fought
he could be a good companion he could have been hurt and have a change of heart
now if you think that he's a clockwork elite so he can't be good or have a change of heart
then remember that rat beard was bad and monkey king and old scratch and shiruku neko
and witch doctors get the batacuda and scourpius and Sky Snake and Helephant and inoshishi necromancer
AND... well i made my point so knock him down he could be good
thanks don't forget to post

P.S. swashbucklers get froggo villa

Bloody cole ivey level 57 swashbuckler

Ensign
Sep 01, 2012
8
oops i meant don't knock him down

and for his story kane could have sent him to fight us and our pirate beats him then we hear kane and he says "phlue you have been a good soldier but this is the end good bye"
or something like that
and we save him from like a burning building or an explosion and he's grateful
we did and offers to help us beat kane

so please tell me what you think

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
37
I think its a great idea I would love to put every clockwork boss you beat examples phule, bishop, rooke (I love rooke so cool and powerful)

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
359
Somewhere I read (sorry I don't know where) that the developers are never going to add a clockwork companion. Sorry!

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Ensign
Jun 25, 2009
6
If I remember correctly from Blind Mew's story questions thread, it appears they're not willing to create any Armada companions, if ever. Especially if it was an elite, it just wouldn't make sense then.

Ensign
Sep 01, 2012
8
Captain Lawrence V... on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
If I remember correctly from Blind Mew's story questions thread, it appears they're not willing to create any Armada companions, if ever. Especially if it was an elite, it just wouldn't make sense then.
well you never know they may or may not either way it's up to them

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Uhhhh...change of... heart? Say wha? I thought clockworks had no hearts! -sips tea-

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
94
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Uhhhh...change of... heart? Say wha? I thought clockworks had no hearts! -sips tea-

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
Maybe you could mess around with the wires and gears inside the clockwork to make him serve you faithfully. You can do anything with machines if you know how they work. Maybe you could buy a clockwork manual to figure out how to control them.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Lily Evans on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Maybe you could mess around with the wires and gears inside the clockwork to make him serve you faithfully. You can do anything with machines if you know how they work. Maybe you could buy a clockwork manual to figure out how to control them.
I know, I know, just playin' around.

Ciao!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
273
Captain Lawrence V... on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
If I remember correctly from Blind Mew's story questions thread, it appears they're not willing to create any Armada companions, if ever. Especially if it was an elite, it just wouldn't make sense then.
Well, I remember seeing on the message that it involved robots from a movie that a lot of people don't even know about. I forgot the name of the movie Blind Mew mentioned in his message, but, I know that the movie must be old enough to the point where some people (or a lot of people), don't watch it anymore. So, I guess he is outvoted, plus, some of the guys in the game really want clockwork companions, and its obvious that labor golems aren't going to cut it. Sure they may be close enough to Armada clockworks, but the people of Pirate101 (well some of them more or less) like they way the clockworks look and how they attack. Also, I think I found a loophole in Blind Mew's argument; if the Armada companion(s) aren't part of the story, then the players will get their companions, and the clockworks will still keep their bad-guy status.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
538
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Somewhere I read (sorry I don't know where) that the developers are never going to add a clockwork companion. Sorry!

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
they never said never(wait did i just refrence a really bad singer oh well i refrenced the only song i liked from him) anyways the just said there's a low chance of it happening but there's still a chance of it happening.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
538
Ok here's my idea and i think it should likley happen either when we go to face kane or the new chapter that is likley valencia
Ok here it is
so you know that big as heck clockwork building in the middle of aragon skyway well i have an idea for a boss fight against kane that is kinda like the wheatley fight in portal 2
once the giant building self destructs you save ONE of the elites/rebuild them and put them on there crew(they owe you there debt)
If your a buccaneer you get rooke 2.0.
musketters you get deacon 2.0.
privatters get Phule(dont ask but i think phule is a privatter)
swashbuckers get queen
witchdoctorsget bishop(and gracie gets a rivalry with him technologically and because of what he done in the wars you know like el toro vs. hawkules and ratbeard vs catbeard)
I will explain what else the quest is like sooner or later

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
30
Great idea! Phule would be the best companion I could have... He's funny, intelligent, and sneaky all at the same time. I would actually enjoy saving him...

It'd be cool if he was a worldwide companion (i.e. El Toro and Ratbeard, Gracie Conrad), so then every single character in the game could have him.
Comment on the "clock works don't have hearts"... The miniature ones may not have feelings, but the Elites... You'll notice they have feelings of annoyance and (in Phule's case) a sense of humor.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
I personally don't agree with this... at all. It would be terribly awkward, even if clockworks were reprogrammed or had a change of "heart" as you say. I think it would just give this sinking feeling that you'd get betrayed at any minute, and clockworks don't have emotions, souls, hearts, or anything a human has. They've been specifically programmed to destroy the Spiral and make it their own. Plus, I KNOW I'd be uncomfortable with some crazy clockwork next to me in combat. If I were ever to get one, I'd bench it, just because the idea doesn't sound realistic to me.

Sorry for messing with your fun, but I doubt that we'll EVER see a clockwork companion. Too weird, for my tastes at least.

And, a clockwork elite on your side? Are you asking for Kane to kill you? Seriously, I just don't like the idea, and yell at me all ya want giving reasons why it's a "perfectly realistic idea", cause I ain't buyin' it.

Ciao!

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
61
captain bloody col... on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
okay so i was playing and beat rook then i told my friend about my idea
and he thought it was good so i told him i would post it so here it is
if you have been inside that prison in port regal
then you know phule he is the only clockwork we've seen and not fought
he could be a good companion he could have been hurt and have a change of heart
now if you think that he's a clockwork elite so he can't be good or have a change of heart
then remember that rat beard was bad and monkey king and old scratch and shiruku neko
and witch doctors get the batacuda and scourpius and Sky Snake and Helephant and inoshishi necromancer
AND... well i made my point so knock him down he could be good
thanks don't forget to post

P.S. swashbucklers get froggo villa

Bloody cole ivey level 57 swashbuckler
this was my idea first, look under the name of valedonte in the "IDEAS FOR NEW COMPANIONS" or any part of the message board that says COMPANIONS of the message board.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
273
thatonevalenciansw... on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
Ok here's my idea and i think it should likley happen either when we go to face kane or the new chapter that is likley valencia
Ok here it is
so you know that big as heck clockwork building in the middle of aragon skyway well i have an idea for a boss fight against kane that is kinda like the wheatley fight in portal 2
once the giant building self destructs you save ONE of the elites/rebuild them and put them on there crew(they owe you there debt)
If your a buccaneer you get rooke 2.0.
musketters you get deacon 2.0.
privatters get Phule(dont ask but i think phule is a privatter)
swashbuckers get queen
witchdoctorsget bishop(and gracie gets a rivalry with him technologically and because of what he done in the wars you know like el toro vs. hawkules and ratbeard vs catbeard)
I will explain what else the quest is like sooner or later
What happens when you get the clockwork of your selected class? Does the rest go to the crown shop?

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
234
How about we get class specific?

All classes get an Armada Marine and an Armada Marksman.

Here's the class exclusive elites.

Musketeers:

Deacon-Clockwork Spymaster. Comes with Gunnery power and Bear Trap power

Privateers:

Queen-Clockwork Mistress. Comes with Rally power and Valor Fortress power

Buccaneers:

Rooke-Clockwork General. Comes with Buccaneer Strike power and Rooke-ochet power

Swashbucklers:

Phule-Clockwork Jester. Comes with Walk in Darkness power and Sneak Attack power (He uses a fencing sword as a companion)

Witchdoctors:

Bishop-Clockwork Mage. Comes with Summon Machine power and Jobu Kiss power.

So how did you like my ideas?

Ensign
Nov 01, 2009
9
thatonevalenciansw... on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
Ok here's my idea and i think it should likley happen either when we go to face kane or the new chapter that is likley valencia
Ok here it is
so you know that big as heck clockwork building in the middle of aragon skyway well i have an idea for a boss fight against kane that is kinda like the wheatley fight in portal 2
once the giant building self destructs you save ONE of the elites/rebuild them and put them on there crew(they owe you there debt)
If your a buccaneer you get rooke 2.0.
musketters you get deacon 2.0.
privatters get Phule(dont ask but i think phule is a privatter)
swashbuckers get queen
witchdoctorsget bishop(and gracie gets a rivalry with him technologically and because of what he done in the wars you know like el toro vs. hawkules and ratbeard vs catbeard)
I will explain what else the quest is like sooner or later
Whos queen?

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
199
captain bloody col... on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
okay so i was playing and beat rook then i told my friend about my idea
and he thought it was good so i told him i would post it so here it is
if you have been inside that prison in port regal
then you know phule he is the only clockwork we've seen and not fought
he could be a good companion he could have been hurt and have a change of heart
now if you think that he's a clockwork elite so he can't be good or have a change of heart
then remember that rat beard was bad and monkey king and old scratch and shiruku neko
and witch doctors get the batacuda and scourpius and Sky Snake and Helephant and inoshishi necromancer
AND... well i made my point so knock him down he could be good
thanks don't forget to post

P.S. swashbucklers get froggo villa

Bloody cole ivey level 57 swashbuckler
Blind mew said he hates the idea and for now until he changes his mind no clockworks will join us.