Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Base school additions

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
53
In wizard we have 7 classes. In pirate101 we only have 4. To inspire creative spirit I will do one class. Here is my suggestion of the next 1/3 classes. If you got ideas post them bellow.

Fencer / brigardeer (Dicey /Slicy). Uses might
Brigardeers are pirates that use duel long swords. Unlike assassin that uses short dagger and bucko that use heavy weapons this are used with style and pazaz.
The classes unique colour is silver (since like balance class it is a crowd control class). The icon is of an Avalon pirate. Class teacher Scotty silver blade (deer brigadier). Location of trainer cutthroat cave.
Skills
Jab: Drives both swords into enemy then spins hurting all enemies around one square (1)
Hop: charges 3 squares in one direction and hits enemy with fist (4)
Blunt hit: cuts enemy then blunt hit to apply dazed 1 turn (5)
Sharp weapons 1: plus 3+ to dicey weapons (7)
Poison blade: hits enemy with poison stab and applies curse (7)
Dodgy rank 1: plus 3 to dodge (8)
Laughing stock: + 50% to might (9)
Throw sand: throws sand in eyes then guts enemy (10)
Accurate 1: plus 3 to accuracy (11)
Hurricane slash: spin like dance of steel and hit everyone causes bleed (14)
First strike 1: (17)
Cheap shot : (18)
Sliced weapons 1: (19)
Intimidation: plus 15% aggro (20)
Slide dash: slide on the ground leap stick on sword in enemy then kick take sword back and double slash (22)
Flanking 1: (24)
First strike 2: (26)
Vigorous dance: +75% to might (28)
Zig zag slash: dance across the field 15 squares forward and gut everything in your path (30)
Bunt bash: upon block / dodge smash enemy with your swords (30)
No escape: rank 1 version of cowards bane but for swords (33)
Cut across: hits all enemies within 3 squares away one row away and curses (36)
First strike 3: (40)
Might makes right: + 100% might 3 turns (45)
Blighted jab: Like jab but does x3 damage and then vanish (cloak) ((removed on taking damage)) (50)
Dodger 2: plus 10 to dodge (52)
Rookeoshet 1: blocked gun shots are deflected at enemy (54)
Tempest blades: throws swords like a bumorang that fly 8 squares up, then return hitting twice (58)
Riposte 2: (60)
Titan hop: like hop but moves up to 20 squares then goes into cut across (64)
Mega zig zag: (68)
Infallible: plus 50% armour pierce for 2 turn (70)
Companions (unique)
  1. Kobe crown cloan (level 1)
  2. Caracitus (tavern quest)
  3. Malik or S.M Arson (presido)
  4. All other main story companions (toro, beard, Hawkukes etc)

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
53
Due to lack of posts I will do the second one as well.

Trainer: Heratic Liam- monquisiton hieratic. Location skull cave.

Class Heratic (staffy / holly)
During the time of pirates the holly inqusition actively fought against pirates. However many turned to piracy themselves. These were known as heretics. Here is my idea for how kingisle could use the class.
Skills
Minor Judgement: throw a ball of holly flame at enemy (does 25% of max will) (1)
Minor Light smash: uses a hammer of light to smack enemy (40 dmg) (4)
Minor Helping hand: heals 100 health (5)
Quick prair: + 50% light (5)
Iron will: + 1 rank of will (7)
Minor smite: Burn one enemy... and becomes a walking fire (3 turns) that ignites all allies around (8)
Holly armour: absorb 100% damage for 5 turns (10)
Minor blessing: -25% damage taken aoe (12)
Holly weapons 1: + 15 holly damage (15)
Eternal flame: 150% will based fire (like blood flames) (18)
Purging will: may charm enemy that approaches (20)
Judgement: (50% of max will) (22)
Light smash: (150 dmg) (26)
Helping hands: heals 400 health (30)
Purging prair: +75% light (35)
Iron will 2: (38)
Major smite: X3 damage (42)
Major blessing: -50% dmg 3 turns aoe (46)
Blessed flames: 250% will (52)
Holly weapons 3: (56)
Purging will 2: (60)
Healing totem: heals 800 health per turn to 5 square around lasts 6 turns (65)
Totem of will: all enemies who enter totem 4 squares around get charmed for 4 turns (2 turns) (70)
Unique companions
Inquisitor Liam: monkey heratic (class)
Egg Shen: presidio
Mooshu convert: cow priest (level 1)

Ensign
Aug 16, 2014
15
Five, there are five schools, Musketeer, Privateer, Bucaneer, Swashbuckler, Whichdoctor.

Ensign
Aug 16, 2014
15
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 21, 2018 wrote:
In wizard we have 7 classes. In pirate101 we only have 4. To inspire creative spirit I will do one class. Here is my suggestion of the next 1/3 classes. If you got ideas post them bellow.

Fencer / brigardeer (Dicey /Slicy). Uses might
Brigardeers are pirates that use duel long swords. Unlike assassin that uses short dagger and bucko that use heavy weapons this are used with style and pazaz.
The classes unique colour is silver (since like balance class it is a crowd control class). The icon is of an Avalon pirate. Class teacher Scotty silver blade (deer brigadier). Location of trainer cutthroat cave.
Skills
Jab: Drives both swords into enemy then spins hurting all enemies around one square (1)
Hop: charges 3 squares in one direction and hits enemy with fist (4)
Blunt hit: cuts enemy then blunt hit to apply dazed 1 turn (5)
Sharp weapons 1: plus 3+ to dicey weapons (7)
Poison blade: hits enemy with poison stab and applies curse (7)
Dodgy rank 1: plus 3 to dodge (8)
Laughing stock: + 50% to might (9)
Throw sand: throws sand in eyes then guts enemy (10)
Accurate 1: plus 3 to accuracy (11)
Hurricane slash: spin like dance of steel and hit everyone causes bleed (14)
First strike 1: (17)
Cheap shot : (18)
Sliced weapons 1: (19)
Intimidation: plus 15% aggro (20)
Slide dash: slide on the ground leap stick on sword in enemy then kick take sword back and double slash (22)
Flanking 1: (24)
First strike 2: (26)
Vigorous dance: +75% to might (28)
Zig zag slash: dance across the field 15 squares forward and gut everything in your path (30)
Bunt bash: upon block / dodge smash enemy with your swords (30)
No escape: rank 1 version of cowards bane but for swords (33)
Cut across: hits all enemies within 3 squares away one row away and curses (36)
First strike 3: (40)
Might makes right: + 100% might 3 turns (45)
Blighted jab: Like jab but does x3 damage and then vanish (cloak) ((removed on taking damage)) (50)
Dodger 2: plus 10 to dodge (52)
Rookeoshet 1: blocked gun shots are deflected at enemy (54)
Tempest blades: throws swords like a bumorang that fly 8 squares up, then return hitting twice (58)
Riposte 2: (60)
Titan hop: like hop but moves up to 20 squares then goes into cut across (64)
Mega zig zag: (68)
Infallible: plus 50% armour pierce for 2 turn (70)
Companions (unique)
  1. Kobe crown cloan (level 1)
  2. Caracitus (tavern quest)
  3. Malik or S.M Arson (presido)
  4. All other main story companions (toro, beard, Hawkukes etc)
"Fencer" is a Swashbuckler, like Sarah Steele and El Toro

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
53
Well ya 5 but I do not consider privateer a class . Since it feels more like a filler of a class then an actual class. there are 4 unique classes is what I meant

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
345
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
Well ya 5 but I do not consider privateer a class . Since it feels more like a filler of a class then an actual class. there are 4 unique classes is what I meant
Ahem. - Clears throat -

1) Healing self
2) Healing all
3) Increasing critical
4) Increasing dodge and accuracy
5) Increasing protection
6) Absorbs
7) Literally every single companion unique to privy
8) Marchioness
9) Bombs
10) The only true health tank
11) Able to increase will
12) Repel Boarders
13) Focus fire
14) Draws aggro
15) Blast of Discord

Before calling us not a good class or not a "real class", please do your research ;)

Sincerely,
Every privateer who has ever lived

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1132
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
Well ya 5 but I do not consider privateer a class . Since it feels more like a filler of a class then an actual class. there are 4 unique classes is what I meant
What, you think that everything a privateer can do isn't unique? Show me another pirate class's skill set where they can heal others and themselves. Note that I am not talking about powers you get from items, I mean innate skills. No other class can boost pirates the way privateers can. Sure, other classes can boost everyone who uses the exact same ability they do, but privateers can boost everyone and increase their chances of critting and keep the rest of their side alive.

Also, by that logic wizard only has 6 classes, since balance wizards do both elemental and spirit damage and don't have an opposing school.

Your fencer is a modified swashbuckler. Your heretic is a witchdoctor.

We don't need variations of a theme that you want to call another class. We need the game to update.

Edited for spelling.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9539
Alex the Pirate on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
Ahem. - Clears throat -

1) Healing self
2) Healing all
3) Increasing critical
4) Increasing dodge and accuracy
5) Increasing protection
6) Absorbs
7) Literally every single companion unique to privy
8) Marchioness
9) Bombs
10) The only true health tank
11) Able to increase will
12) Repel Boarders
13) Focus fire
14) Draws aggro
15) Blast of Discord

Before calling us not a good class or not a "real class", please do your research ;)

Sincerely,
Every privateer who has ever lived
Bravo I think Privateer is a more unique class than the others and is much harder to play correctly ( at least for me. ) This is a truly strategic class.

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
53
I did do my research I got a max level privy. Privy is not close to a unique class. All classes have unique moves.

-Privateer heals are just useless and don't do a proper job at healing and are a knock of witch doctor drains
-there bombs are just bad copy knock offs musketeer bombs.
-there buffs are knock of toro spells and witch doctor enchants
-they are horrible at tanking since every class does it better
-most of the companions were just tossed to privy because no one wanted them
-repel borders is not a privateer skill but we're originally designed for bucko and just given to them
-focus fire / discord is not a unique idea because of 2 cards.
-every weapon hit class has aggro neither does privy do it better.

Privateer is not good at anything, they are not the jack of all trades nor are they any good at any specific task. They are just meh and filler

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
345
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:
I did do my research I got a max level privy. Privy is not close to a unique class. All classes have unique moves.

-Privateer heals are just useless and don't do a proper job at healing and are a knock of witch doctor drains
-there bombs are just bad copy knock offs musketeer bombs.
-there buffs are knock of toro spells and witch doctor enchants
-they are horrible at tanking since every class does it better
-most of the companions were just tossed to privy because no one wanted them
-repel borders is not a privateer skill but we're originally designed for bucko and just given to them
-focus fire / discord is not a unique idea because of 2 cards.
-every weapon hit class has aggro neither does privy do it better.

Privateer is not good at anything, they are not the jack of all trades nor are they any good at any specific task. They are just meh and filler
Ill take these one at a time.

- I wouldn't consider being able to heal any companion for 1100 health with an extra 100-300 health for the proceeding few turns useless, but whatever floats your boat

- Bombs can leave fires which muskets cannot. They can hit for 500-750 to all enemies, so I would also not consider these to be useless.

- Perhaps you have not considered that it is vice versa, and toro's powers were taken from privy. Also, privateer's have a much wider range of abilities to buff accuracy and dodge.

- Having 3k to 4k at max and being able to apply valor's shield for an extra 1k while also being able to get high dodge due to powers makes them extremely viable as a tank.

- The Marchioness, Tonka, Jane Canary, Argos. Case closed.

- Your argument does not remove the fact that it is still unique. Whether you like it or not, even if it is from an old idea for another class, it still is unique to privy.

- From what I can tell here, the fact that these abilities are used here doesn't make them a unique idea... because they only are used for 2 cards? This logic doesn't make sense. Therefore, reckless fury, chain lightning, mojo burn, and so many other powers that classes pride themselves over for being only available for their class... aren't unique. There is no argument here. If you simply look up the definition of unique, you can see that what you are attempting to convey is false.

- This was your opportunity to call me out on an inaccuracy, and yet you missed it. I claimed that privy is the ONLY one to get the loud talent, while buccs get it as well. Yet you claim that ALL "weapon hit" classes get it, which would also include swash.

To also show that privy is unique, allow me to list the points you did not adress

3) Increasing critical

6) Absorbs

8) Marchioness

11) Able to increase will

I am happy to engage in healthy discussion, and I look forward to hearing your response

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
714
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:
I did do my research I got a max level privy. Privy is not close to a unique class. All classes have unique moves.

-Privateer heals are just useless and don't do a proper job at healing and are a knock of witch doctor drains
-there bombs are just bad copy knock offs musketeer bombs.
-there buffs are knock of toro spells and witch doctor enchants
-they are horrible at tanking since every class does it better
-most of the companions were just tossed to privy because no one wanted them
-repel borders is not a privateer skill but we're originally designed for bucko and just given to them
-focus fire / discord is not a unique idea because of 2 cards.
-every weapon hit class has aggro neither does privy do it better.

Privateer is not good at anything, they are not the jack of all trades nor are they any good at any specific task. They are just meh and filler
That is so not true,

1. You need to actually max out a privateer and use Old Scratch to give epic heals, you can get 900+ health boosts.

2. Musketeer's did have have many bomb spells until the Tower Of Moo Manchu was added to the game, so you have it backwards under your train of thought, Musketeer bombs are rip off of Privateer bombs if anything.

3. How can Privateer buffs be a knock of El Toro spell(s) when El Toro only has 1 spell?

4. You need to max out a Witchdoctor and then compare Grimtooth to Marchioness.

5. Blast Of Discord and Focus Fire would be overpowered if they were combined, I don't understand what you are trying to say there.

6. You are forgetting Firstmate's Boon which can increase companions and pets weapon power.

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time,

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

Community Leader
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:
I did do my research I got a max level privy. Privy is not close to a unique class. All classes have unique moves.

-Privateer heals are just useless and don't do a proper job at healing and are a knock of witch doctor drains
-there bombs are just bad copy knock offs musketeer bombs.
-there buffs are knock of toro spells and witch doctor enchants
-they are horrible at tanking since every class does it better
-most of the companions were just tossed to privy because no one wanted them
-repel borders is not a privateer skill but we're originally designed for bucko and just given to them
-focus fire / discord is not a unique idea because of 2 cards.
-every weapon hit class has aggro neither does privy do it better.

Privateer is not good at anything, they are not the jack of all trades nor are they any good at any specific task. They are just meh and filler
Rebuttal time!
For all of the follow scenarios, I'm assuming Scratch is not a factor and that you are in a normal mob fight as a solo player (4 units vs 4 units)
  • A witchdoctor's highest tier drain can only heal the witchdoctor. Also, assuming the drain hits ALL 4 enemy units, which, mind you, is unlikely, it will heal 900 health back ( 300 base damage * 75% drain *4 units). A privy's highest tier heal can heal ANY unit in range, and with spooky 2 at level 70, heals 1358 health. This is before factoring in any criticals. The best group heal (reinforce) heals in that 1300-1600 range combined as well if all 4 units are still alive
  • Their bombs are infinite range, are unaffected by sight, and the fires that they leave are not impacted by alert 2 (unlike musket bombs)
  • Yes, El Toro gets Espirit. However, the privateer pirate trains Espirit 4-5 levels before players would recruit Toro (trained at lvl 30, compared to toro recruited at level 34-35). In addition, privateer gets 2 other accuracy and/or dodge buffs: Call to arms at 16 and Battle Zeal at 50. As for witchdoctor enchants, I assume you refer to their Juju line compared to privy's Calm the Troops line? These 2 are completely different. Juju buffs all adjacent units and nothing else, while Calm the Troops' line buffs all will-based units at infinite range.
  • This is straight ignorance. Name 1 other class that can get 7(!) forts plus an absorb and shield before any other powers are trained or pet grants are taken into account. Sure, buck can get a bunch of levies, but those don't protect against spell power based attacks. Privy is undeniably the best tank class
  • Citation needed (are you complaining that privy doesn't get many other privy companions? that's hardly a unique problem)
  • Doesn't matter that buck *may* have once had it. Privy has it now.
  • What about team crit buffs? What about team will buffs? What about team damage and resist buffs?
  • I don't understand what you're trying to say w/ this last point. Say it again.

Writer and PvP enthusiast at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
53
1) Privateer heals NEVER do 1000 health. 1000 heal is only possible with 5 stacks of 100% will buff. Your math is greatly flawed.

2) Musketeer bombs are clearly unique while privy bombs are not. (musket from my knowledge was the first class to be designed with privy being the last)

3) simple. Most of privateer skills that you list were added during the marlybone update. This is clearly after cool ranch where toro is added. As such its clear it was a re-hashed skill.

4) I have carcarious has unique spells that only eep eep ork ah has. Marchioness has nothing that we can not use

5) your point here does not relate to topic

6) first mate boon is not a privateer skill. its a gear card. And is not in consideration

7) every class is viable as a tank. every class has a move to reduce damage. that does not make privateer a tank.

8) Argos is bad, so is jane.

9) every unique class has between 8-12 unique cards. As explained privy does not meet the criteria as it only has 2.

10) no one uses will. witch doctor use spells as such use spooky. 2/3rd of game uses agility. 1/3 / 2 use strength. everyone else uses will. Most of the game does not need privy and its useless buffs.

now to address matthew5250.

- witch doctor heals heal 75% of damage. so your math is false. witch doctor drains do easy 4k with 3 buffs. 4x3= 12k. 75% of 12k is 9K. much higher then privy.

- 3) no that is not true. A musket bombs leaves bombs. Privateer bombs are just converted into fire. that is not unique. its just modified to seem different

4) espirit was modified from toro skill. since it would be to op for such a low lvl. That however does not mean it was made first.

5) yes it does in fact. Bucko shields absorb all incoming damage. It is from my knowledge designed first

6) i complaining that almost no classes use will. And if they do they use spell power

7) as stated earlier its after marlybone update. meaning its a rehash

... today is my last day of membership. i will not be able to reply.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
345
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 29, 2018 wrote:
1) Privateer heals NEVER do 1000 health. 1000 heal is only possible with 5 stacks of 100% will buff. Your math is greatly flawed.

2) Musketeer bombs are clearly unique while privy bombs are not. (musket from my knowledge was the first class to be designed with privy being the last)

3) simple. Most of privateer skills that you list were added during the marlybone update. This is clearly after cool ranch where toro is added. As such its clear it was a re-hashed skill.

4) I have carcarious has unique spells that only eep eep ork ah has. Marchioness has nothing that we can not use

5) your point here does not relate to topic

6) first mate boon is not a privateer skill. its a gear card. And is not in consideration

7) every class is viable as a tank. every class has a move to reduce damage. that does not make privateer a tank.

8) Argos is bad, so is jane.

9) every unique class has between 8-12 unique cards. As explained privy does not meet the criteria as it only has 2.

10) no one uses will. witch doctor use spells as such use spooky. 2/3rd of game uses agility. 1/3 / 2 use strength. everyone else uses will. Most of the game does not need privy and its useless buffs.

now to address matthew5250.

- witch doctor heals heal 75% of damage. so your math is false. witch doctor drains do easy 4k with 3 buffs. 4x3= 12k. 75% of 12k is 9K. much higher then privy.

- 3) no that is not true. A musket bombs leaves bombs. Privateer bombs are just converted into fire. that is not unique. its just modified to seem different

4) espirit was modified from toro skill. since it would be to op for such a low lvl. That however does not mean it was made first.

5) yes it does in fact. Bucko shields absorb all incoming damage. It is from my knowledge designed first

6) i complaining that almost no classes use will. And if they do they use spell power

7) as stated earlier its after marlybone update. meaning its a rehash

... today is my last day of membership. i will not be able to reply.
1) But I've seen them do 1000 health with no buffs... It's easy to pull off. Simply observing that I can do quad digit heals with maybe one buff is a good enough defense.
2) Once again, they add fire, this makes them unique. Your argument is based on ignorance to its effects.
3) Gunnery, rouse, valor's shield, calm the troops, refresh, rally, call to arms, artillery, steadying speech, regroup, revive, espirit de corps, reinforce, valor's fortress, the big guns, rallying call, and battle zeal were are added BEFORE Marleybone, and are all unique.
4) Actually, March has a spell that removes negative effects in the area, something that we can only achieve through special gear and cannot learn.
5) Are you referring to the comment about loud? I'm assuming you are, and my point with that was to point out that you do indeed not know what you are talking about, and while I was wrong originally, I corrected myself.
6) I didn't bring up first mate's boon, so I'll leave whoever mentioned that to respond here.
7) Yes, but privateer's can remove MORE damage than any other class.
8) Argo - Easy criticals and high damage, Jane - Overwatch very good
9) My answer to three addresses this as well
10) Actually, witch doctors use will, and will buffs are part of the meta for scratch strats in pvp. Also, if you can get will buffs with a privy with Marchioness, you can be hitting 500-800 damage hits easy, and a combination of march and scratch can lead to super high damage potential. Even ignoring scratch's buff, I wouldn't consider 500 damage per hit worthless.
Seeing as your membership is about to run out, I guess this will be the end of our conversation. I've enjoyed the friendly debate and I think we've all learned things about the privateer class and have a better understanding of how it works. Thank you for the debate, and I enjoyed the conversation. :)

Community Leader
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 29, 2018 wrote:
1) Privateer heals NEVER do 1000 health. 1000 heal is only possible with 5 stacks of 100% will buff. Your math is greatly flawed.

2) Musketeer bombs are clearly unique while privy bombs are not. (musket from my knowledge was the first class to be designed with privy being the last)

3) simple. Most of privateer skills that you list were added during the marlybone update. This is clearly after cool ranch where toro is added. As such its clear it was a re-hashed skill.

4) I have carcarious has unique spells that only eep eep ork ah has. Marchioness has nothing that we can not use

5) your point here does not relate to topic

6) first mate boon is not a privateer skill. its a gear card. And is not in consideration

7) every class is viable as a tank. every class has a move to reduce damage. that does not make privateer a tank.

8) Argos is bad, so is jane.

9) every unique class has between 8-12 unique cards. As explained privy does not meet the criteria as it only has 2.

10) no one uses will. witch doctor use spells as such use spooky. 2/3rd of game uses agility. 1/3 / 2 use strength. everyone else uses will. Most of the game does not need privy and its useless buffs.

now to address matthew5250.

- witch doctor heals heal 75% of damage. so your math is false. witch doctor drains do easy 4k with 3 buffs. 4x3= 12k. 75% of 12k is 9K. much higher then privy.

- 3) no that is not true. A musket bombs leaves bombs. Privateer bombs are just converted into fire. that is not unique. its just modified to seem different

4) espirit was modified from toro skill. since it would be to op for such a low lvl. That however does not mean it was made first.

5) yes it does in fact. Bucko shields absorb all incoming damage. It is from my knowledge designed first

6) i complaining that almost no classes use will. And if they do they use spell power

7) as stated earlier its after marlybone update. meaning its a rehash

... today is my last day of membership. i will not be able to reply.
1. I said that I assume scratch buffs are not in play. In addition, your math fails to take into account the fact that the privy can also have scratch buffs. My math is not wrong. If we take buffs into account on both sides, I hope that it's self-evident that privy heals will end up healing for more than the witch heals.
2. (citation needed)
3. So you'd be ok with them if they too were converted into bombs too? It doesn't change my point that the privy bomb line is not reduced by alert/trap sense (referring to the fires), is not affected by sight-blocking obstacles, and is infinite range. Musket bombs are reduced by alert/trap sense,
4. This is factually incorrect. Espirit was made first, AND is trained first. Do not spread misinformation.
5. You're just saying things that are completely incorrect to bolster your objectively terrible argument. Have someone cast a mournsong on a buccaneer that has a levy. Cast it again when they don't. The damage will be the same. If you were to, y'know, actually look at the card, you'd see that levy blocks slashy, shooty, stabby, and smashy attacks. It doesn't block magical or staffy attacks. And again, show me proof that buccaneer was designed first. You can't just make stuff up.
6. I don't see how that helps your argument. Wouldn't using will be a good and unique thing? That undermines your argument. In addition, witchdoctor goes off of will too.
7. Discipline existed before the Marleybone update. Please quit saying factually incorrect things about the game in a feeble effort to justify your inane takes.

I'll address your first set of points too, just for fun!
  • With no scratch buff and spooky 2, privy heals do 626 + 358x2 =1342. Well over 1000
  • citation needed
  • Wrong
  • You can use a will buff, can you not? You can use a super hit, can you not? Dispel is good in dungeons like moo tower and smuggler's arena where reduce accuracy moves are common. Purge (carc's power) is never good in pve

Writer and PvP enthusiast at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Community Leader
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 29, 2018 wrote:
1) Privateer heals NEVER do 1000 health. 1000 heal is only possible with 5 stacks of 100% will buff. Your math is greatly flawed.

2) Musketeer bombs are clearly unique while privy bombs are not. (musket from my knowledge was the first class to be designed with privy being the last)

3) simple. Most of privateer skills that you list were added during the marlybone update. This is clearly after cool ranch where toro is added. As such its clear it was a re-hashed skill.

4) I have carcarious has unique spells that only eep eep ork ah has. Marchioness has nothing that we can not use

5) your point here does not relate to topic

6) first mate boon is not a privateer skill. its a gear card. And is not in consideration

7) every class is viable as a tank. every class has a move to reduce damage. that does not make privateer a tank.

8) Argos is bad, so is jane.

9) every unique class has between 8-12 unique cards. As explained privy does not meet the criteria as it only has 2.

10) no one uses will. witch doctor use spells as such use spooky. 2/3rd of game uses agility. 1/3 / 2 use strength. everyone else uses will. Most of the game does not need privy and its useless buffs.

now to address matthew5250.

- witch doctor heals heal 75% of damage. so your math is false. witch doctor drains do easy 4k with 3 buffs. 4x3= 12k. 75% of 12k is 9K. much higher then privy.

- 3) no that is not true. A musket bombs leaves bombs. Privateer bombs are just converted into fire. that is not unique. its just modified to seem different

4) espirit was modified from toro skill. since it would be to op for such a low lvl. That however does not mean it was made first.

5) yes it does in fact. Bucko shields absorb all incoming damage. It is from my knowledge designed first

6) i complaining that almost no classes use will. And if they do they use spell power

7) as stated earlier its after marlybone update. meaning its a rehash

... today is my last day of membership. i will not be able to reply.
continued, starting with your first #6
  • It is a power that privateers can use, is it not? Thus it is automatically a privateer power. You can't selectively ignore powers.
  • Privateer gets more of them that block more types of damage than every other class. In addition, you are factually incorrect once again. Where are witch, buckler, and musket's damage reducing powers? Sure, they have defensive powers, but privy doesn't need to have a monopoly on defense to be the best defensive class.
  • I can't say that Argos and Jane are great companions, you're right. I will say that Argos is balanced to be on the same power level as a side quest companion (like Mustang Sally is for buckler). He's not supposed to be as good as main quest companions that every class gets. Jane isn't a terrible companion in PvP, as she gets grit 3 and has good shooting range. But you're probably a pve player only, so that point is moot. You also selectively ignore Bill Peacock, privateer's other mag7 companion, who is actually quite good (arguably the best of the mag7)
  • Privy has more powers than every class except witch.
  • Witchdoctor is based off of will, I repeat myself. Yes, spell power buffs increase their damage (just how weapon power buffs increase every other class's damage output. Their critical chance, however, is based off of will
On a side note, I will acknowledge that privateer is pretty rough to quest on for the first 15-18 levels before you start getting full-team buffs. But that is more than made up for in the late game, when, with their plurality of buffs they become one of the strongest classes

Writer and PvP enthusiast at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
88
Forbidden magic trainer in Kroktopia. I just posted about it! :D

Commodore
May 31, 2009
873
Ahem...not to step on any toes, but privateer is definitely a distinct class and has its merits as a support and tank class depending on how one chooses to play it. I enjoy playing my privateer- she's one of my more survivable pirates to play, so I'm definitely going to keep playing her for endgame content.

Now, on the topic of the thread, I've always been into the idea of another pirate class. However, I don't think it'd be wise to introduce another core class since most people have used all of their character spaces at this point. Instead, I'd be interested in a manipulation class or two available to be trained by everyone similar to the sun/moon/star school system in W101. Alchemy in the style of Fullmetal Alchemist is a cool concept I think would be worth exploring in terms of battlefield manipulation.