Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Graphics echoing effect, is there a way to fix this?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I just got a new computer, and its very fast, but when playing pirate101 my graphics keep messing up as cards played often tends to result in an echoing of the card being played. That is to say that when a shot is fired, it will play the shot to up to a dozen times over, when bombs are dropped it will play the sound up to a dozen times and display them being dropped as well.

I thought perhaps this was an internet connection problem, but I don't have this going on when using the other laptop. Both are running Windows10.

I don't know how to fix this problem, and would appreciate feedback as to how to resolve it. If the new system needs some sort of upgrade, I need to know that. If it is an internet connection problem, I likely need to know that (diagnostics have been showing no such problem exists, but I did lose connection with the game a few times over the past days). If it is some sort of settings or software issue, I'd need to know that. If there is a problem with my video card, I'd need to know that.

The echoing effect is pretty severe, and seems to come and go.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Though there was no response, I'm assuming the problem is with my internet provider and the continuity of its connection. The echoing effect as died down quite a bit from what was going on, but I seem to disconnect frim every now and then.

That said, I hate it when a disconnect is treated as a flee.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Jan 10, 2021 wrote:
Though there was no response, I'm assuming the problem is with my internet provider and the continuity of its connection. The echoing effect as died down quite a bit from what was going on, but I seem to disconnect frim every now and then.

That said, I hate it when a disconnect is treated as a flee.
Yes, many players have a problem with that. I assume it's to prevent players from exiting the game on purpose to prevent a defeat.
A flee is a defeat, whether by accident or purposeful.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Jan 11, 2021 wrote:
Yes, many players have a problem with that. I assume it's to prevent players from exiting the game on purpose to prevent a defeat.
A flee is a defeat, whether by accident or purposeful.
Then surely the treated as a flee problem would be easily fixed by giving penalties only to those who press the flee button, rather than those that lose connection or enter a dungeon while being otherwise engaged in a fight they were doing while waiting for a dungeon instance to begin.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Jan 17, 2021 wrote:
Then surely the treated as a flee problem would be easily fixed by giving penalties only to those who press the flee button, rather than those that lose connection or enter a dungeon while being otherwise engaged in a fight they were doing while waiting for a dungeon instance to begin.
If they did choose to flee that would be well, but what about sneaky pirates that exit the game on purpose to avoid a defeat?
The AI can't tell your intent.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Jan 17, 2021 wrote:
Also, are you a musketeer & do you have Fast Combat on? I've noticed that echoing effect when I drop bombs.
When I turn Fast combat off, then no echoing occurs.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Jan 20, 2021 wrote:
Also, are you a musketeer & do you have Fast Combat on? I've noticed that echoing effect when I drop bombs.
When I turn Fast combat off, then no echoing occurs.
It has to do with the number of times an order is sent over a bad connection. So if fast combat involves sending more repeated commands then its graphics will echo more than slow combat that sends out commands a bit slower.

This means the faster your computer the more echoing will be observed upon the same net connection. A slow computer might not experience the echoing effect as it doesn't repeatedly send out commands until received as fast. A very fast computer on an unstable connection can create major echoing.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Jan 19, 2021 wrote:
If they did choose to flee that would be well, but what about sneaky pirates that exit the game on purpose to avoid a defeat?
The AI can't tell your intent.
Its better not to penalize the legit players, than try to program things for the ones who try to cheat. You don't have to play with or keep the ones who try to pull such stunts on your friends list.