Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Discussion: No One NEEDS to use Miracle Mitch

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Miracle Mitch's healing of companions is a convenience, and never a necessary expense for any Pirate.

By the level at which any wounded companion takes "too long to heal," a Pirate's crew is large enough that there are plenty of other similar or even differently-abled companions that can be used in the wounded companion's place. Further, insisting on using the same companions over and over to try to win battles means that the stubborn player will never learn new strategy or battle tactics.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jan 4, 2021 wrote:
Miracle Mitch's healing of companions is a convenience, and never a necessary expense for any Pirate.

By the level at which any wounded companion takes "too long to heal," a Pirate's crew is large enough that there are plenty of other similar or even differently-abled companions that can be used in the wounded companion's place. Further, insisting on using the same companions over and over to try to win battles means that the stubborn player will never learn new strategy or battle tactics.

I do agree with this statement as far as it goes; but if a player absolutely HAS to have a certain companion, then use them wounded. This doesn't affect their powers or talents at all. Also be sure to have a heal or a shield for companions in danger of going on bed rest.
As to the argument "takes too long to heal", there are times when a certain talent (that you like best), won't be available for training, I advocate training in "Scrapper", you'll get them back faster.

*SHIP!*

Ensign
Mar 24, 2013
I personally think Miracle Mitch is a useless game mechanic. We were all fine with the life fountain reviving all our companions. I believe Miracle Mitch existed so we can look into our other companions more, but let's be honest: if a companion is useless, it's useless and if we want to stick to our main lads, we stick to them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KingGenesis5 on Jan 7, 2021 wrote:
I personally think Miracle Mitch is a useless game mechanic. We were all fine with the life fountain reviving all our companions. I believe Miracle Mitch existed so we can look into our other companions more, but let's be honest: if a companion is useless, it's useless and if we want to stick to our main lads, we stick to them.
And suffer over and over again when those so-called "best" companions go on bed rest for 7+ hours. I, for one was not "fine" with the life fountain.
We were only allowed 3 sleep tokens, which DID make those companions useless. The old percentage almost guaranteed that an under-leveled companion would show up.

I wish these players who think because a companion doesn't have the same amount of epics as their preferred team, would pause and take a look at those "useless" companions.
Generally speaking, they do get the same amounts of talents as the "favored few" and I often find them useful and able to finish a fight.
But go ahead, ignore experienced player's good advice, use your favorites over and over and watch them "die" when facing an enemy, which with a little thought, imagination, a set of different companions AND a different strategy may win that fight. Why re-enter a fight with the same companions and the same strategy if it didn't work the first time (or second or third...)?

I now have 3 pages of companions, of those companions I refuse to use 3. But I have invested training and promotions for them and they're ready for battle if someone else hits the sack!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
KingGenesis5 on Jan 7, 2021 wrote:
That's true - if you insist on using companions who keep on being defeated, that's up to you, but you'll suffer the consequences. Honestly, I think no companion is completely useless, but if you never use them in battle, you will never know what they can do.

Miracle healing is a luxury, so just plan on having lots of gold to support your main lads.

Ensign
Dec 03, 2015
I personally hate this game mechanic and said so when it was installed.

I play the way I choose to play, and don't appreciate being penalized for not conforming to this new 'ideal'.
Why be given the option to play using certain companions if they're all the same under the AI skin?

This is just one more reason to leave the game when I'm desperately looking for reasons to stay.