Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nightmare Brass Monkey Split Us Up?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
So, a few days ago, me and 3 other pirates were doing the nightmare bosses, we had beaten Nightmare Captain Blood first, and then we went on to do Nightmare Brass Monkey. But after I unlocked the door to the Nightmare Brass Monkey, we all somehow ended up alone in our own room against this nightmare boss. Now, I don't know if this is intentional or not, or if it had something to do with opening a door to another nightmare boss after defeating Nightmare Captain Blood without leaving the area entirely, but we did Nightmare Duck of Death afterward and we did not end up apart like with Nightmare Brass Monkey. whatever the case, I'd appreciate it if this issue was looked into.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
That would be so very frustrating if it keeps happening.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Pirate Master on Sep 14, 2018 wrote:
So, a few days ago, me and 3 other pirates were doing the nightmare bosses, we had beaten Nightmare Captain Blood first, and then we went on to do Nightmare Brass Monkey. But after I unlocked the door to the Nightmare Brass Monkey, we all somehow ended up alone in our own room against this nightmare boss. Now, I don't know if this is intentional or not, or if it had something to do with opening a door to another nightmare boss after defeating Nightmare Captain Blood without leaving the area entirely, but we did Nightmare Duck of Death afterward and we did not end up apart like with Nightmare Brass Monkey. whatever the case, I'd appreciate it if this issue was looked into.
I believe multiple players are reporting this issue. However, it shouldn't be intentional, because why allow a sigil if the fight is intended to be solo?

Administrator
Oran from Urz on Sep 15, 2018 wrote:
I believe multiple players are reporting this issue. However, it shouldn't be intentional, because why allow a sigil if the fight is intended to be solo?
Could you please describe more of how this is happening, and where other player are reporting the issue? We would like to reproduce it on our end, but have been unable to yet. Thanks!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Pirate Master on Sep 14, 2018 wrote:
Did more than one of you use a skeleton key, perhaps?

Ensign
Dec 08, 2008
Bat Masterson on Sep 17, 2018 wrote:
Could you please describe more of how this is happening, and where other player are reporting the issue? We would like to reproduce it on our end, but have been unable to yet. Thanks!
1. Three players, i.e.: Alex, John and Emma, use the sigil in Scrimshaw and go into the world of dreams.

2. Alex uses a key to unlock the Brass Monkey.

3. Each player steps through the unlocked door and is separated into a different instance:
Alex is alone in an instance to fight the Brass Monkey.
John is alone in another instance against the Brass Monkey.
Emma is also alone in a third instance facing the Brass Monkey.

In summary it seems the Brass Monkey room is somehow being treated as a solo location, splitting a team and having each placed in for a solo battle.

~R

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
what happens is a team of 4 will enter the Sigil Door and when going to the Brass Monkey after it unlocks the players go in but they get separated and have to fight him solo. which isn't too hard just a pain to do.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Exactly how Ravino described it.

One person uses the key and when everyone else goes in, no one gets matched together.....ever. All single players instances.

Not sure how this isn't getting reproduced, since it happens ever single time.

Multiple players are reporting this on the official forums, Central, Twitter, Youtube, etc since test went live. However, I recommend watching Blaze Lifehammer's Youtube video to see exactly how the bug manifests (to include the bug where you fight Brass in a Black Hole).

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Sep 17, 2018 wrote:
Did more than one of you use a skeleton key, perhaps?
This isn't possible, since if one person uses the key it stays unlocked while everyone is in the sewers.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I saw the patch notes were going to fix the "Black Hole" fight that sometimes occurs when you fight Brass, but didn't see anything about a patch to fix the solo instance of the fight. Will that be fixed, as well?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Oran from Urz on Sep 18, 2018 wrote:
I saw the patch notes were going to fix the "Black Hole" fight that sometimes occurs when you fight Brass, but didn't see anything about a patch to fix the solo instance of the fight. Will that be fixed, as well?
Confirmed (at least for me). Just need a four person run of the Brass fight.....and everyone made it in. Great work on fixing this dungeon (including the "Black Hole" fight)!