Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ratbeard and Catbeard upgrade quests.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 20, 2014
Okay so I have been playing pirate for a while and I know as soon as you get a promotion chance you take it. But I was wondering what would happen if you completed Marleybone, but hadn't done Ratbeard's second promotion, in whch he needs to talk to Catbeard. Would you just go to the ship or would they talk through the crew or whatever. Plz answer if u know the answer.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
eyespy402 on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
Okay so I have been playing pirate for a while and I know as soon as you get a promotion chance you take it. But I was wondering what would happen if you completed Marleybone, but hadn't done Ratbeard's second promotion, in whch he needs to talk to Catbeard. Would you just go to the ship or would they talk through the crew or whatever. Plz answer if u know the answer.
The general advice to a player who hasn't given Ratbeard his promotion before going to Marleybone is to complete Marleybone and get Catbeard out of jail, then he can help Ratbeard ( or Bonnie Anne ) in their promotions.
Since I have never neglected leveling or promoting a main quest line companion; I don't know for a fact how this works - I assume that Catbeard is standing there ready to help out Ol' Ratty, then will disappear after the promotion goes through.

Ensign
May 14, 2017
eyespy402 on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
This happened to me, and I can tell you that if you haven't promoted Ratbeard (in your case) or Bonnie Anne, then you will have to break Catbeard out of prison before being able to promote them.

I had tutorials turned on while in Marleybone and I wanted to promote Ratbeard, so after talking to him and doing all the other things, I went to the Catspaw to talk to Catbeard. I was wondering if he would be there or not and suprise, he wasn't.

I got a tip from Boochbeard telling me I had to break Catbeard out of prison before I could promote Ratbeard, so I was a little dissapointed and continued the main quest. After breaking Catbeard out of the glasshouse, I got another tip from Boochbeard telling me that I could promote Ratbeard now, and that I needed to go to the Catspaw. (this happened in Swidget's office by the way.)

Hope this helps!

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
great question and awesome answer.. LOVE how that works tbh.. it makes so much sense! i mean if part of your promo quest would be to chat with the cat at his home, and in main story he's in prison, break him out, he goes home, then a lively chat ensues(complete with pickled herring i presume).. well kudos to the devs on this one totally <3 also extra great boochbeard lets ya know as well :D

stormy jen silver