Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 and black flag lore question

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
this is not directly linked to pirate101 but I felt like stating this since I played both games, maybe devs can answer this as well.

Is Kane the main both modeld like haythum kenway. Their gear and and personality match in every way. Their gear and hats are the same. Both fight to control everyone. Both favourite weapon is the sword with a short sword. Is Kane modelled after him on purpose.?

IS skull island supposed to be Nassau? If you compare the islands they roughly look the same, both have a main island with a small island on the left side with a latter to it. Both have been captured by pirates.

Is Deacon, supposed to be hornigold. They both have same gun, have similar looking ships, both have a nasty habit as sneaky thugs who are super smart tacticians.

Annie Bonnie: is Bonnie Anne the fox joins us at level 1 could be just a reference.

Subtle clue: most of the pirate ships in pirate101 look exactly like the Jackdaw or the Morrigan. Not sure if it's inspired by it.

Again all this might be just coincidental but you have to realize ac3 came out before pirate101, and later updates could have been inspired by ac4. What do you guys think.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
I believe Kane's overall design is based off of that of an English or French general, while Haytham is just your run-of-the-mill pirate. Skull Island itself is an original design, while Deacon is most definitely following the same inspiration as Kane. Bonnie Anne would be Ms. Anne Bonny, an Irishwoman who plundered the British Channels for all they were worth.

Just a minor side note, Pirate came out a full year before Black Flag, and I don't think Ubisoft has a monopoly over calculative bad guys who like dictatorship.

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
Yes is game did "launch before" but I am talking about its later updates. Remember deacon and Kane where in a later expansion. (I know for sure of Kane fairly sure for deacon). Kane was way after Marley which is the expansion of pirate. And ac3 was out then.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
Yes is game did "launch before" but I am talking about its later updates. Remember deacon and Kane where in a later expansion. (I know for sure of Kane fairly sure for deacon). Kane was way after Marley which is the expansion of pirate. And ac3 was out then.
Do you even remember the Armada puppet show?

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
Yes I do but that puppet show is really really crude and hardly even resembles Kane. sure we see Kane face, but not his body or his sword or his location.

Both Kane's sword, his gun, his outfit and his voice sound like haythum. You can not declare that a general coinsedancs

Remember that Kane wishes to destroy all pirates similar to Haythum wants all the assassins gone. Pirate want to bring freedom from the armada (equal to assassins bringing end of tyranny). Sure you have a point with puppet show but Kane model is different from puppets.

Again it's possible you are correct and I am over thinking it but their is a lot to proof to back what I saying too. We won't know and not like it matters really. Only kingisle will really know for sure.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
You do know that KI had the majority of this story already planned out? You know most pirate stories, movies or games will be following certain themes.
Ships ( especially ships during the "Golden Age of Piracy".) will be following the designs currently in use - galleons, skiffs, galleys, barks, etc.
Treasure maps and buried treasure ( see the Granddaddy of all pirate stories Treasure Island by R. L. Stevenson.
Rascally pirates! Ratbeard is a superb example of a reference to Long John Silver of Treasure Island.
As Evi pointed out, Bonnie Anne is a reference to Anne Bonney
I would suggest that the Armada is more a reference to the Star Wars movies ( What with cyborgs & robots.)
Also Guardians of the Galaxy ( which was a comic book before it was a movie. ) And maybe even a bit of Ice Pirates.