Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Instrument weapons?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
I was just listening to some music, and I thought "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if there were some weapons in P101 that were instruments?" So I git thinking, you could have violins, guitars, trumpets, french horns, trombones, and a whole host of other instruments. While I would imagine most of them to be ranged, you could easily pull off smashy with a guitar, or slashy with a wave of music. There are a ton of cool possibilities with this, and so I wanted you guys' opinions, would it be neat to have instrument weapons?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
noahdd on May 4, 2017 wrote:
I was just listening to some music, and I thought "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if there were some weapons in P101 that were instruments?" So I git thinking, you could have violins, guitars, trumpets, french horns, trombones, and a whole host of other instruments. While I would imagine most of them to be ranged, you could easily pull off smashy with a guitar, or slashy with a wave of music. There are a ton of cool possibilities with this, and so I wanted you guys' opinions, would it be neat to have instrument weapons?
Aye, it would. I think El Kaboing's guitar would make a great drop!

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Wizard101 has a flute and a banjo, so it's possible. I don't think I'd personally use instrument weapons on my pirate, but I wouldn't be opposed to adding them altogether.

~Virtuous Vanessa

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Wiz also has guitars and lutes. I think if they add this, they should have instruments that were used aboard sailing ships. Violin would be good, and attacks from a little squeeze box/ concertina could be very interesting with it's extendable nature. Some ships had small pipe organs aboard, but that would be pushing it a bit.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I was SUPER disappointed that El Kaboing didn't drop his guitar for us...

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on May 4, 2017 wrote:
Aye, it would. I think El Kaboing's guitar would make a great drop!
I was thinking this too!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Willowydream on May 4, 2017 wrote:
I was SUPER disappointed that El Kaboing didn't drop his guitar for us...

Oh, you have no idea how disappointed I was when I learned that it wasn't a drop...

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Voodoo Drums fer the Witchdoctors.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jack morgan933 on May 6, 2017 wrote:
Voodoo Drums fer the Witchdoctors.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan
Oh my, yes!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
NoahDD, let's start suggesting instruments by classes, and maybe we can "spark" the creativity of KI artists/developers!
So, for Musketeers - BAGPIPES! These bagpipes are a shooty weapon, when used they scatter a 9 square area with CALTROPS !
Animation/sound: pirate pumps up the bag and that drone noise, then a short burst of traditional Scottish music ( perhaps the first few notes of "The Campbells are Coming"? ) Then the caltrops shoot out of the pipes!

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
anecorbie on May 7, 2017 wrote:
NoahDD, let's start suggesting instruments by classes, and maybe we can "spark" the creativity of KI artists/developers!
So, for Musketeers - BAGPIPES! These bagpipes are a shooty weapon, when used they scatter a 9 square area with CALTROPS !
Animation/sound: pirate pumps up the bag and that drone noise, then a short burst of traditional Scottish music ( perhaps the first few notes of "The Campbells are Coming"? ) Then the caltrops shoot out of the pipes!
Violins, Violas, and Cellos are respectivle slashy, slashy smashy, and smashy. Bass would have to be staffy smashy. The avatar would play about three or four bright-colored notes into existence around them, and those would hit the person either like a hammer coming down, a slashy, or would float over a range.
Good?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on May 7, 2017 wrote:
Wonderful thread, NoahDD! And great suggestion on the Classes, Anecorbie! (I'll do some for the other Classes.)

Introducing the Valiant Violin, a musical instrument for Swashbucklers. It's more of a Stabby Weapon, or maybe even Slashy if the bow is similar to a sword. I'm thinking a Critical Hit would be actually playing a beautiful piece of music on the actual violin and it would do some damage to the opponent.

I've seen several Lindsey Stirling videos and she does some interestingly creative things with the violin, and in one music video she makes the bow seem like a sword in a piratical theme (Master of Tides).

Now, for the Tenacious Timpani, a tough-sounding drum for rough Buccaneers. Maybe you can wear the handle around your neck like several drums do, and you can either play it with your hands or KingsIsle can give you drumsticks along with the timpani (I like the notion of playing with your hands, but however KingsIsle does it is fine ).

Introducing the Tantalizing Trumpet, which is for Privateers. You're able to play the trumpet, and it will be ranged so you can attack from a distance just from the sound of the war trumpet.

Great posts on the Musketeer one and Witchdoctor one!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on May 8, 2017 wrote:
Wonderful thread, NoahDD! And great suggestion on the Classes, Anecorbie! (I'll do some for the other Classes.)

Introducing the Valiant Violin, a musical instrument for Swashbucklers. It's more of a Stabby Weapon, or maybe even Slashy if the bow is similar to a sword. I'm thinking a Critical Hit would be actually playing a beautiful piece of music on the actual violin and it would do some damage to the opponent.

I've seen several Lindsey Stirling videos and she does some interestingly creative things with the violin, and in one music video she makes the bow seem like a sword in a piratical theme (Master of Tides).

Now, for the Tenacious Timpani, a tough-sounding drum for rough Buccaneers. Maybe you can wear the handle around your neck like several drums do, and you can either play it with your hands or KingsIsle can give you drumsticks along with the timpani (I like the notion of playing with your hands, but however KingsIsle does it is fine ).

Introducing the Tantalizing Trumpet, which is for Privateers. You're able to play the trumpet, and it will be ranged so you can attack from a distance just from the sound of the war trumpet.

Great posts on the Musketeer one and Witchdoctor one!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer
I actually play trumpet, so I really like the last one!