Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pack-A-Palooza and drop rates

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 10, 2013
Now I know these type of posts are frequent but I was just curious. Since the start of the Pack-A-Palooza event I have opened roughly 200 packs and not received a companion. This is pathetic considering that before the event on another pirate, I opened 50 packs and got a companion. Just wanted to know if the companion drop rate is lowered during these events to compensate for price reduction.

-Thanks

Administrator
Sorry to hear you've had a run of bad luck with opening packs. The odds of getting items in packs are the same as before the sale.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
TheSaltyMonkey on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:
Now I know these type of posts are frequent but I was just curious. Since the start of the Pack-A-Palooza event I have opened roughly 200 packs and not received a companion. This is pathetic considering that before the event on another pirate, I opened 50 packs and got a companion. Just wanted to know if the companion drop rate is lowered during these events to compensate for price reduction.

-Thanks
No, the drop rates aren't lowered during Pack Sales. I can confirm that because my close friend got the Haywire Battle Angel and the Haywire Musketeer companion both during a Pack Sale. I wish you the best of luck getting your desired companions.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
TheSaltyMonkey on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:

-Thanks
TheSaltyMonkey, I wouldn't be surprised if it did drop! Although it seems like KingsIsle makes things unfair at times, they're always here to help.

And I know exactly how you feel: I opened a few Ashes of the Armada Packs, and I received some pretty cool stuff so I can't complain, but I was hoping to acquire some Companions and I didn't.

Anyway, sorry to hear about that, and I hope you get the Companion of your dreams, TheSaltyMonkey!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Ensign
Sep 27, 2015
Well it's purely based on luck because I got Baar on my Buccaneer within the span of 10 packs during the sale, even though the sale is over best of luck to you if you're still interested in getting a companion.

- Ignacio Lvl 56
- Octavio Lvl 70

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
I got a companion on my 5th grizzly pack, too bad it was not the one I needed. I really wish KI would consider letting us put pack companions in our gift box so they could be redeemed on the correct pirate. my buccaneer now has the grizzly witch doctor and musketeer companions, both of which are pretty useless for her class.