Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Over watch and parting shot are bugged

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 22, 2016
I am very upset over watch and parting shot never getting fixed for shooty slashy/stabby weapon types. Not sure if this is a bug or just really lousy programming on KI's part. The problem is that both of these talents trigger two spaces away from a character, but when using a range one shooty/melee weapon the programming is never allowed to trigger. Obviously if you have a gun and have these talents they should work, if you put a point into learning them your point should not be lost but it should actually do something for you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
spittingsea on Feb 2, 2017 wrote:
I am very upset over watch and parting shot never getting fixed for shooty slashy/stabby weapon types. Not sure if this is a bug or just really lousy programming on KI's part. The problem is that both of these talents trigger two spaces away from a character, but when using a range one shooty/melee weapon the programming is never allowed to trigger. Obviously if you have a gun and have these talents they should work, if you put a point into learning them your point should not be lost but it should actually do something for you.
It's not a bug, it's the condition of using a melee weapon with a ranged weapon. If you want those talents to trigger, try using a staffy/shooty combo.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2016
anecorbie on Feb 3, 2017 wrote:
It's not a bug, it's the condition of using a melee weapon with a ranged weapon. If you want those talents to trigger, try using a staffy/shooty combo.
I hardly call it a condition to using a melee weapon with a ranged weapon type when no mention is made to that effect before putting points into them. I think it has a lot more to do with KI being too lazy to fix the condition by allowing such weapon combos to trigger one space away rather than two.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
spittingsea on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:
I hardly call it a condition to using a melee weapon with a ranged weapon type when no mention is made to that effect before putting points into them. I think it has a lot more to do with KI being too lazy to fix the condition by allowing such weapon combos to trigger one space away rather than two.
All KI employees work very hard to give us the best experience with this game. Have you ever considered that there are technological reasons in coding talents that prevent what you wish these weapons to do from occurring?
I hardly think that developers and creative personel of KI would say, "let's make a ranged/melee combo weapon but neglect to have these weapons trigger ranged talents." Don't you think that they actually thought of all this before implementing?