Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Guys Bring Pirate101 back alive

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
GhostOfErn on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
Played this game when it first came out and just got back into it and what made me annoyed was spending 30 plus minutes doing a dungeon and killing the boss only to find out you had to spend real money to open his chest,
there was three items but i only had space for two but in order to get the last item the price had doubled.

this game prides itself being younger gamer friendly only find out there are paywalls on things that shouldn't be.

If you want to bring poeple back GIVE them something like lots of new content and lift the paywalls.
Nope. There might be a second chance chest, but you're paying the money for the second chance, not to get your normal reward for the fight. There is usually one treasure chest that is fancier that is the boss's chest, but it's free to open along with all the others. Odds are good you opened it without noticing the difference.

"There was three items but I only had space for two..." and the third went into your bank, unless you let the bank fill up as well.

Where is there a paywall that there shouldn't be? Yeah, if I'm willing to spend the $$ I can pop that second chance chest all day, but why should I be able to keep opening a chest for free? If I'm that broke and that desirous of getting whatever it is the boss is supposed to drop that I'm chasing, I can just go back through the dungeon again.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Amber hawksong on Apr 22, 2017 wrote:
An idea I have for getting people to buy membership for Pirate101 is having those occasional events like double pet experience events in wiz. I'm not sure why Pirate101 doesn't already have this but it would draw people's attention. The thing is, what would the event consist of, double nautical exp? Pirate101 already have potions for that. Perphaps more and longer KingIsle lives on Pirate101 would attract players? In all, what do you guys think would work?
I think you have a good idea. I don't usually have trouble with getting nautical XP, but I like to help with ship battles and often stick around to help others finish a ship quest, after I got my quest done. I know there are others who would appreciate a member double nautical XP day. Even a quarter boost to XP in ship fights wouldn't be bad for those trying to level enough to use new ship equipment. I would like if feeding a snack to my pet would give it double the normal stat increases, like rather than adding 3 power by giving a loved snack it got 6.
How about a member day that reduced crew bed rest times?

Ensign
Sep 22, 2014
If KI wants to keep this game alive is that 1) Give us more F2P areas. I think all of Skull Island should be free and Wizard City in both KI Games. One reason I say this is because all the friends I have "recruited" to play Wizard/Pirate101 all quit right when they got to a area that costs crowns or requires membership. Only one of my friends has ever got a Pirate101 card, and when I met them, they already knew about both Wiz/Pirate101, they just played Wizard more, but he got more into Pirate and likes it way better. A suggestion would be add more F2P areas, I am 99.9% sure at least 1/4 of the Pirate101 players would go back to play it and stay active on it for at least maybe 3+ months

Generous BlazeJackson Max

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
P101 appgame?
It'd probably more work than its worth, but what I mean are the minigames. W101 themed appgame was released a while ago, so releasing a P101 minigame might be worth while. Just rip the data and put it in an app. At worse its spent resources, at best it advertises.

-The weird one

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
GhostOfErn on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
Played this game when it first came out and just got back into it and what made me annoyed was spending 30 plus minutes doing a dungeon and killing the boss only to find out you had to spend real money to open his chest,
there was three items but i only had space for two but in order to get the last item the price had doubled.

this game prides itself being younger gamer friendly only find out there are paywalls on things that shouldn't be.

If you want to bring poeple back GIVE them something like lots of new content and lift the paywalls.
Yeah, this sounds like a winning idea:

Pirate101 needs more players. Why? Because more players means more revenue, and more revenue means more money to develop new stuff rather than simply maintain present stuff.

So, what is one of the ideas to bring in new players? Lift the paywalls! Yeah, that's the ticket! Lift the paywalls, that means less revenue, and less revenue means less...money...to.....develop....new...stuff...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Generous Blaze Jac... on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
If KI wants to keep this game alive is that 1) Give us more F2P areas. I think all of Skull Island should be free and Wizard City in both KI Games. One reason I say this is because all the friends I have "recruited" to play Wizard/Pirate101 all quit right when they got to a area that costs crowns or requires membership. Only one of my friends has ever got a Pirate101 card, and when I met them, they already knew about both Wiz/Pirate101, they just played Wizard more, but he got more into Pirate and likes it way better. A suggestion would be add more F2P areas, I am 99.9% sure at least 1/4 of the Pirate101 players would go back to play it and stay active on it for at least maybe 3+ months

Generous BlazeJackson Max
If they quit at the first pay wall, what makes you think they won't quit at the others? There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Skull Island (up to Puerto Mico since that's technically Monquista territory) and Wizard City have long needed to have their starting zones expanded; especially Wizard101 with such a huge level cap now. I've seen more players who were turned away from the game, and who were interested in playing, simply because the 'F2P' zones (which are essentially just a demo, not even 'F2P') didn't give them a decent enough taste of the game. Combat isn't everything, and that's all you're really exposed to in the first 5 levels and even that's arguably not enough exposure since right off the bat you're able to one-shot easy mobs.

Wizard City itself needs to be free. The only zones not free are Cyclops Lane, Firecat Alley and Sunken City. Pretty redundant to not give the first 'world' free since that's supposed to be your home world.

Likewise, Skull Island (up to Puerto Mico) needs to be free. Pirate101 has completely different mechanics compared to Wizard101 and takes a bit more adjusting since there's no explanation of stats and combat mechanics outside the Tutorial (which only teaches you the obvious basics). Flotsam and Chubba Wumba (or whatever his name is) are great areas to truly test out the game for newer players and see if they truly like it. Being cut off the second you hit level 5-7 (which takes only a matter of half an hour maybe an hour depending on your playstyle and skill level) is far too short and deters quite a few gamers, since the 'F2P' zones (as I've said) is essentially just a Demo in disguise (which is not the same thing, mind you).

Krokotopia and Puerto Mico onwards should be where the membership requirements begin. Players will actually be able to test out the game properly and formulate their own opinions. As it stands now, the game is pretty much catered to the financially stable or 'lucky' who can afford/are allowed to invest in the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
Skull Island (up to Puerto Mico since that's technically Monquista territory) and Wizard City have long needed to have their starting zones expanded; especially Wizard101 with such a huge level cap now. I've seen more players who were turned away from the game, and who were interested in playing, simply because the 'F2P' zones (which are essentially just a demo, not even 'F2P') didn't give them a decent enough taste of the game. Combat isn't everything, and that's all you're really exposed to in the first 5 levels and even that's arguably not enough exposure since right off the bat you're able to one-shot easy mobs.

Wizard City itself needs to be free. The only zones not free are Cyclops Lane, Firecat Alley and Sunken City. Pretty redundant to not give the first 'world' free since that's supposed to be your home world.

Likewise, Skull Island (up to Puerto Mico) needs to be free. Pirate101 has completely different mechanics compared to Wizard101 and takes a bit more adjusting since there's no explanation of stats and combat mechanics outside the Tutorial (which only teaches you the obvious basics). Flotsam and Chubba Wumba (or whatever his name is) are great areas to truly test out the game for newer players and see if they truly like it. Being cut off the second you hit level 5-7 (which takes only a matter of half an hour maybe an hour depending on your playstyle and skill level) is far too short and deters quite a few gamers, since the 'F2P' zones (as I've said) is essentially just a Demo in disguise (which is not the same thing, mind you).

Krokotopia and Puerto Mico onwards should be where the membership requirements begin. Players will actually be able to test out the game properly and formulate their own opinions. As it stands now, the game is pretty much catered to the financially stable or 'lucky' who can afford/are allowed to invest in the game.
I wonder why some players think that by doing away with premium content and making an entire world FtP that KingsIsle would gain more players and therefore more revenue.
When the simple truth is; as soon as those FtP players hit the first pay wall, they would do what they're currently doing now - quitting because it's no longer free.
There are activities that can be done in P101 that don't require membership/buying zones. There are a few side quests that you can do, besides the first of the Blood Shoals quests, there's also pet training, morphing. You can farm Xol Akmul and raise your levels while waiting to buy a membership or zone.
KingsIsle also provides ways to earn crowns with which you can buy zones - the Trivia Games alone give you 100 crowns a day; to buy the first zones in this game is 750 crowns per quest ( Jack's & Manny's quests. ) a couple of weeks of Trivia games provides enough crowns for that content.
If a player is too financially strapped to buy a membership or zones at all, then they really shouldn't be playing any MMO.
Post Edit: catering to those who are financially stable or the lucky few who can invest in this game is what is keeping this game on-line. KI needs not only players but players with money.
Another thought that has occurred to me: what about those players who already bought a membership or the zones to play through the Skull Island content? Don't you think in the case of KI making those FtP areas that they would have the right to feel angry?

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
I wonder why some players think that by doing away with premium content and making an entire world FtP that KingsIsle would gain more players and therefore more revenue.
When the simple truth is; as soon as those FtP players hit the first pay wall, they would do what they're currently doing now - quitting because it's no longer free.
There are activities that can be done in P101 that don't require membership/buying zones. There are a few side quests that you can do, besides the first of the Blood Shoals quests, there's also pet training, morphing. You can farm Xol Akmul and raise your levels while waiting to buy a membership or zone.
KingsIsle also provides ways to earn crowns with which you can buy zones - the Trivia Games alone give you 100 crowns a day; to buy the first zones in this game is 750 crowns per quest ( Jack's & Manny's quests. ) a couple of weeks of Trivia games provides enough crowns for that content.
If a player is too financially strapped to buy a membership or zones at all, then they really shouldn't be playing any MMO.
Post Edit: catering to those who are financially stable or the lucky few who can invest in this game is what is keeping this game on-line. KI needs not only players but players with money.
Another thought that has occurred to me: what about those players who already bought a membership or the zones to play through the Skull Island content? Don't you think in the case of KI making those FtP areas that they would have the right to feel angry?
That's simple: it comes down to understanding what truly makes a game. It's not money, and as I've stated in numerous other posts I'm an Indie Game Developer in-training so I'm more 'exposed' to the 'behind-the-scenes' workings of things.

World of Warcraft currently allows you to play up to Level 20 before requiring a membership. Considering their level cap is ~100 (haven't researched into anything new they might've released within the last couple of months) that's literally 20% of the entire game for free, compared to KI where the level cap is 120 in Wiz and you're typically cut off at around level 8: that makes their game only ~4.2% free. The statistics aren't better for Pirates, giving a staggering 7.1% of content for free. In other words: you have far more exposure to the 'World' of Warcraft, so as to make a better assessment of the game, than both Wizard and Pirate101 combined.

Any actual gamer, by that I mean any gamer who has played more than just one type of MMO, knows that time is what matters in gaming, not money. Money can be earned, returned, etc but time is a permanent investment. Hence why hardcore gamers don't care about the money they've spent on a game when they leave, they care about the time they spent. Pirate101, you hit the paywall right off the bat. Wizard101, give or take about an hour. That's atrocious compared to every single P2P MMO out there. That's not F2P, in the gaming world that's called a 'Demo'.

Let me ask you this: if you had no money to your name would you be willing to spend every single day strapped to your computer to do Trivia questions to purchase zones? Zones that, may I remind you, increase significantly in cost compared to the starting zones? That's without room for error, mind you. In other words, that means you can't afford to miss a single day. That pretty much forces your life to revolve around those Trivia questions, should you love the game enough to want to actually play.

(Part 2 Incoming)

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
(Part 2)
Continuin on: KI games are infamous for being entirely quest-based. XP acquired from mobs is a joke and really shouldn't even be implemented. I had a friend who 'farmed' the Demo areas of Wizard101 since the game first came out, last night she just hit 50. I shouldn't have to do the math to show you how ridiculous that is. Needless to say she finally accepted help from one of her friends and got a membership.

Pet Training takes time, by the time your pet hits level 30 it'll take 7-8 hours for training to end. Hatching takes Gold, no place in Skull Island provides decent enough Gold when also looking at the ratio of time spent within a dungeon. Dutchman, Prawn, Aztecosaurs, their dungeons take players within those level ranges ~30min to complete per run; all for a possible chance at one of the 375g Items. Meanwhile, one run of Moo Manchu is enough to nearly fill your gold sack from empty to full. I could do more math here, but then I'd be spamming Parts 3-99. Point is: nothing in Skull Island (Dreadnaught excluded since that CLEARLY is end-game content) is worth farming for anything.

That last line was very conceitful and arrogant; It's comments like that, and 'gamers' like that, that hurt gaming communities as well as the games they 'love'. How do you think a new player strolling by is going to take that? Why would they want to join a community when clearly it's only for 'the rich'? I'm not going to stoop to that level with a retort, but I will say that without players so much as experiencing the game properly, there will not be a higher revenue. Why invest in a game you barely got to play, which is a risk you're taking with real money, when you could play more notable and popular games that welcome them?

(Wrapping up with Part 3)

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
(Part 3, Final Installment)

To me, it looks like you don't understand the fundamentals of how a game is made and maintained, especially MMOs. Money helps sustain a game, playershelp it grow. If you really think KI is going to go bankrupt over turning one measely world (yes they are measely) into an ACTUAL F2P zone then you have much to learn my friend. If you can't put yourself in the shoes of the less fortunate, you should not look down upon them. My crew and I are busy promoting the game and drawing in new players, in turn increasing the player-base and bringing in more revenue for KI on the side. But clearly we should stop and focus on money rather than players.

Caw Caw Shhhh!
Mortifer Crow - Captain of The Silent Crows

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
To add to what Anecorbie said, KI already HAS expanded the FtP areas. Did you notice that the three missions you get in Traitor's Cave are all free? Those missions were much smaller when the game first started.

The bottom line is this. They need more players who PAY, not just more players to play the game. That gains them nothing.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Max DeGroot on May 1, 2017 wrote:
To add to what Anecorbie said, KI already HAS expanded the FtP areas. Did you notice that the three missions you get in Traitor's Cave are all free? Those missions were much smaller when the game first started.

The bottom line is this. They need more players who PAY, not just more players to play the game. That gains them nothing.
I tend to agree that letting free-to-play players actually complete the three Traitor's Cave quests before paying may be the way to go. Originally, free-to-play actually went through to getting your parent's frigate. The lure of that new ship is a much better time to ask them to subscribe/pay crowns rather than just completing a single rat's quest and having two more asking for payment.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Max, only one of those quests from the dead rats are free; you must have membership or pay for the zone to complete them.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012

Actually, only zadok's cave quest is free. The other two rats' quests have 375 crown zone purchase requirements, according to the chapter pricing guide in the shop.

Just putting that out there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nightblood1995 on May 1, 2017 wrote:

To me, it looks like you don't understand the fundamentals of how a game is made and maintained, especially MMOs. Money helps sustain a game, playershelp it grow. If you really think KI is going to go bankrupt over turning one measely world (yes they are measely) into an ACTUAL F2P zone then you have much to learn my friend. If you can't put yourself in the shoes of the less fortunate, you should not look down upon them. My crew and I are busy promoting the game and drawing in new players, in turn increasing the player-base and bringing in more revenue for KI on the side. But clearly we should stop and focus on money rather than players.

Caw Caw Shhhh!
If I can't afford a game, activity, even a night out at a good restaraunt, then I do without it.. "Arrogant" what's arrogant for a company providing a service to expect payment of those services? If merely player numbers make it grow, where is the money coming from to provide that growth? From the rest of us who are paying for the game!
I do not look down on those less fortunate than I, but I do get irritated by this constant demand for free services.
The rest of us are more than willing to pay for our entertainment.
Frankly I don't care that you're in game development, ( and I feel your comment is condencending ) and I've known games to fail because they've catered to the FtP gamers and received NO return from them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Caw Caw Shhhh!
There are people experiencing real financial misery in this country. I need to remind you that a game is not a life necessity, if there's a computer in the house, then these players are many times better off than many below the poverty line, and should be able to support a game financially.
I often use KI Trivia games ( mostly for stitching ) but I've recently started a third account and I did use those games to buy Jack's quest. I wanted to see what it was like and it can be done. They are spending as much time on the computer doing games or homework, why not take that time and use it to earn something they want? If those players are at all interested in the game then there's no reason that they shouldn't support it with money just like the rest of us.
BTW. I'm active in my church and have seen true poverty ( as in not knowing where your next meal is coming from. )
Anyone who pleads poverty as a reason to not buy membership or zones for this game, doesn't deserve my sympathy. Or extra FtP zones.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011

That gains them publicity, which this game sorely lacks. Any wise and knowledgeable MMO company, meaning the highly reputable ones doing really well right now, know that money comes with players. No responsible gamer will invest in a game they barely get to test out, especially when compared to other Membership-based MMOs. Like I said: both of their starting areas are Demos, not F2P. Traitor's Cave actually came with the revamp, and the level cap for beginning players was reduced. You used to be able to get to the Presidio before you had to pay, which was perfectly reasonable at that point. Now, you beat Fin, get a boat, and essentially hit a paywall after that. If I hadn't been hooked by Wizard101 when I was a kid, I'd be spending my money on other, more popular and well-known MMOs simply due to being able to make an educated decision on whether to invest in said games or not.

The bottom line: without players you won't draw in the crowd the game needs to make the money it needs. Unless one of you is willing to fork over thousands of dollars a month, and clearly you don't get what it's like to have kids (meaning: on an extremely tight budget), simply looking for the money is the quickest and easiest way to kill a game. Aria Games, My.com, even Nexon are all guilty of going for the money rather than the players and what happened? They now have some of the worst ratings as Companies (which deters a lot of gamers already) and have lost quite a few of their games.

Elaborating on the Traitor Cave missions once more: the first one is free, the other two are not. In case you need proof: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/chapter_pricing - so, yeah incorrect, my friend. We all can agree to disagree, everyone has a right to their own opinions. But in the end this game needs more players, the money will follow. It's a simple and basic formula all prospering and reputable MMOs follow.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012

I'm sure there are other ways for games to generate revenue and the total number of players contributes to that, but I would imagine that those who pay for content has to be a big part of any game's ongoing success. I see lots of people in Avery Court who want to continue, but are unable to do so because they are kids and don't have any money lol. In the spirit of keeping people interested in the game, I am constantly gifting people I don't even know and I even buy a 30 day membership for some. I think that Pirate101 is a superior product and the cost of membership is very reasonable. I'm sure there are tons of people who would gladly pay for it, they just need to know about the game and try it.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
anecorbie on May 1, 2017 wrote:
If I can't afford a game, activity, even a night out at a good restaraunt, then I do without it.. "Arrogant" what's arrogant for a company providing a service to expect payment of those services? If merely player numbers make it grow, where is the money coming from to provide that growth? From the rest of us who are paying for the game!
I do not look down on those less fortunate than I, but I do get irritated by this constant demand for free services.
Frankly I don't care that you're in game development, ( and I feel your comment is condencending ) and I've known games to fail because they've catered to the FtP gamers and received NO return from them.
You clearly misread what I said or only read what you wanted to read with the intent to refute, rather than comprehend. I said nothing about KI being arrogant, I said your comment was arrogant. Meaning you, not the company. Or have we all forgotten that we represent this game as a collective whole? We may not be employed by KI, but we are the 'face' of their games and the types of players Wiz/Pirates draws in.

Since I clearly have to do the math for you: 1 membership = $10. 1 person buying a monthly membership for 1 year = $120. 2 people buying a monthly membership: $240. 3? $360. I fail to see how hard that is to understand. Even for those not paying, who do you think is going to spread word about the game to their family and friends? Many parents are drawn to the games through their children, if you recall this is a family friendly game. So you tell me: where does 'family friendly' come from 'if you can't pay don't play'? (If I have to explain that then my work here is finished).

Clearly, after reading further, you're looking for reasons to snap and hiss rather than have a mature, educational debate. There's a difference between flaunting 'experience' and speaking about 'exposure'. Condenscending would be saying I know everything and you don't, not to mention that'd be flat out arrogant, but if you can't tell the difference between that and someone simply giving credibility then, again, this discussion is anything but productive. I gave detailed examples and researched responses, meanwhile it looks, and sounds, like all you want is a fight. Sorry, but I'd rather spend my time in the Tavern rather than the Brawlin' Hall.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
There are people experiencing real financial misery in this country. I need to remind you that a game is not a life necessity, if there's a computer in the house, then these players are many times better off than many below the poverty line, and should be able to support a game financially.
I often use KI Trivia games ( mostly for stitching ) but I've recently started a third account and I did use those games to buy Jack's quest. I wanted to see what it was like and it can be done. They are spending as much time on the computer doing games or homework, why not take that time and use it to earn something they want? If those players are at all interested in the game then there's no reason that they shouldn't support it with money just like the rest of us.
BTW. I'm active in my church and have seen true poverty ( as in not knowing where your next meal is coming from. )
Anyone who pleads poverty as a reason to not buy membership or zones for this game, doesn't deserve my sympathy. Or extra FtP zones.
Speaking from a psychological and sociological standpoint: people cope in many different ways with real life struggles. Some find sports, others music, and many: gaming. KI prides itself with being family friendly though I guess they should change their motto to middle-class friendly since that's the only type of family most tend to care about.

That is exactly why KI Games came out with that feature: for stitching and buying packs. Mostly to combat the 'beggars' in Wizard101 (haven't experienced any in Pirate101 thank goodness). If players are interested in a game they will support it with or without money. Which brings up my next point:

I come from poverty. I was malnourished, abused and neglected tyvm so I don't need 'Church' to know what it's like to experience it first hand. It's one thing to witness it, it's another to experience it, so don't go acting like it's some special occurrence only you know about. THAT grinds my gears and is beyond insulting. You claim to go to church, yet you act like that and even fail to empathize/sympathize for the less fortunate. I am done, so is this conversation. What little respect I had is now gone, blessed be my friend and I wish you a prosperous life.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
And before this thread gets further out of hand: do not forget the topic here is 'Bringing Pirate101 Back'. Productive suggestions would be wise, taking action would be even better. For example: having more Streamers on Twitch would be awesome considering I'm literally the only one who Streams Pirate101 (according to my Followers). The more people Streaming, or even just making YouTube videos, the better. [Consistency is also key]

I've said my piece, my opinion is out there and whether you agree or disagree it still stands. Same goes to everyone else's. Now if some would wish to continue the debate on 'Should Starting Worlds Be Fully Free', it'd probably be better (and more productive) to make a separate post about that. There is far more to 'Bringing Pirate101 Back' than the starting areas. TheSpiralCowboy (I believe that was his name, sorry if I'm wrong) gave an excellent example of how we can 'Bring Pirate101 Back', lets follow his lead.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on May 1, 2017 wrote:
I tend to agree that letting free-to-play players actually complete the three Traitor's Cave quests before paying may be the way to go. Originally, free-to-play actually went through to getting your parent's frigate. The lure of that new ship is a much better time to ask them to subscribe/pay crowns rather than just completing a single rat's quest and having two more asking for payment.

If you remember those original quests, then you realize they were short, with hardly any action or good drops. The old quests are now relegated to side quests, ( Love's Locket Lost, & Uncle Scuttles' quest ) with the exception of one ( used to be that you were supposed to save Young Nick ) and that was re-written and given to Manny. ( It was originally Jack's. )
Jonah Town was never FtP and that's why KI changed Bonnie Anne's level 8 promotion so that Free players could promote her without having to buy the zone/get membership for it.
@ Spiral Cowboy, I have also been seeing more activity and new players.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Speaking from a psychological and sociological standpoint: people cope in many different ways with real life struggles. Some find sports, others music, and many: gaming. KI prides itself with being family friendly though I guess they should change their motto to middle-class friendly since that's the only type of family most tend to care about.

That is exactly why KI Games came out with that feature: for stitching and buying packs. Mostly to combat the 'beggars' in Wizard101 (haven't experienced any in Pirate101 thank goodness). If players are interested in a game they will support it with or without money. Which brings up my next point:

I come from poverty. I was malnourished, abused and neglected tyvm so I don't need 'Church' to know what it's like to experience it first hand. It's one thing to witness it, it's another to experience it, so don't go acting like it's some special occurrence only you know about. THAT grinds my gears and is beyond insulting. You claim to go to church, yet you act like that and even fail to empathize/sympathize for the less fortunate. I am done, so is this conversation. What little respect I had is now gone, blessed be my friend and I wish you a prosperous life.
This is what causes misunderstandings by not knowing anyone's background in this game: How do you know whether I sympathize or not with the people I meet and help? And it's not a claim it's a way of life. I make a separation between real life and this game, you know the majority of players come from financially stable backgrounds.
'm sorry you've experienced the misery I've witnessed ( and there you can blame me for making assumptions, but only for that.)
Sarcasm doesn't become you.
I still respect you and I'm very glad that you're in a better place now.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
"I've known games to fail because they've catered to the FtP gamers and received NO return from them."

*cough*Toontown*cough*