Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New World In 2017

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 26, 2011
When do you all think a new world will be released? Everyone knows how long it took for Valencia 2 to come out, so do you think the same thing will happen again? Or do you think a world will be released in 2017? Please comment your thoughts. Who knows, maybe Kingsisle will reply with some info...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
space12350 on Jan 12, 2017 wrote:
When do you all think a new world will be released? Everyone knows how long it took for Valencia 2 to come out, so do you think the same thing will happen again? Or do you think a world will be released in 2017? Please comment your thoughts. Who knows, maybe Kingsisle will reply with some info...
If we get any information that a new world is coming; it will be as a hint in a "Falmea Friday" post. That said, I don't believe that we'll be seeing a new world soon. Maybe late summer or early fall. It takes time to craft a new world but even more so to create and write a new story arc.
If we get an update this spring my opinion is that it will be side content.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Well based upon the past performance of KI, i do not expect anything at all to happen in 2017 other than half the people leaving the game for lack of new content

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Jan 12, 2017 wrote:
Well based upon the past performance of KI, i do not expect anything at all to happen in 2017 other than half the people leaving the game for lack of new content
Is that glass half full or half empty? Those who are only interested in story content have already left and moved on.
I maintain that what we need right now is side content to keep the players interested.

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Knowing Kingsisle, we most likely won't even get side content. Maybe some re-skinned pets and ANOTHER horse mount.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Krigleblort on Jan 12, 2017 wrote:
Look, 2014 was a pretty bad year for pirate and 2015 was a downright disgrace, but they really stepped up there game in 2016. i would expect a world late winter 2017 tbh.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Well considering the fact that we waited, what, 3 years for Valencia 2 (which was apparently so small of an update that some people finished it within a day of it coming out) I don't expect to see a new world this year. Would it be great if KI surprised us with a new world in 2017? Definitely. Do I expect to see it? No.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
coconut pirate on Jan 13, 2017 wrote:
Knowing Kingsisle, we most likely won't even get side content. Maybe some re-skinned pets and ANOTHER horse mount.
Maybe we'll get TWO horse mounts! Or a hybrid re-skin!

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Marleybone073 on Jan 13, 2017 wrote:
Well considering the fact that we waited, what, 3 years for Valencia 2 (which was apparently so small of an update that some people finished it within a day of it coming out) I don't expect to see a new world this year. Would it be great if KI surprised us with a new world in 2017? Definitely. Do I expect to see it? No.
Look kingsisle did the same thing with wizard101 it took a few years before they did a new world but then they got up and did it regularly at full steam and that was when the game just started out look at it now millions of players new worlds every year pirates is going to be like that to if not better it takes time for these things to happen besides we don't even know what caused the three year delay do you? It happens to all games look at Nancy drew her newest game has been in the making for a couple of years now because they had to Change the gaming system to make it even better for the players to in joy that's the whole point of a game to have fun make friends and maybe even learn something along the way it takes time money and lot of dedicated workers so if that means waiting another 3 years for one of the best games I've ever played so be it but don't underestimate all the work that goes into those worlds and this game if all you do is doubt you'll never be happy in life or anything

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
ya'll salty much?

go make friends you not looking around ya new pirates coming on everyday vets whining and hiding out

we need these guys to help keep p101 funded enough to get the goodies

its a win win please just help out k?

though to make lasting connections and inspire all we need a Kiosk so vital I could cry...

stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
I doubt a world will come out, I always get my hopes up and then when I read the update notes.. I get let down. When I saw Valencia II come out, I was really hyped, when I clicked on it, I saw "Level 70" and then my hyperness dropped extremely, because I knew that it would've been short and it would've been weird if quests only gave like 500 XP or around there to try to make it long. I felt like quitting Pirates when I saw that, and I did! For a month and a half! But I came back after that, still disappointed in what I saw. The Kane fight was epic, not what I had in my mind though, and I was expecting to have something like the Dreadnaught tied in with the Kane fight, like you'd had a fleet of ships (Players and NPCs) attacking armada ships to reach the Machine. So basically, I'm not expecting a world to come out, just some side content that'll keep us munching at our computers and letting our fingers munch on the keyboard before we get bored and beg for more stuff.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Guys, it's NOT going to be 3 years, I'm pretty sure it's not even going to be a complete 2 years. ( I'm fairly certain that we'll see story content with 18 mos. )
You know for a game that's in it's fifth year of play, it's scimpy on side content - we need it. So if the next update isn't a story update but side content, will you please be supportive?

Ensign
Apr 29, 2014
anecorbie on Jan 14, 2017 wrote:
Guys, it's NOT going to be 3 years, I'm pretty sure it's not even going to be a complete 2 years. ( I'm fairly certain that we'll see story content with 18 mos. )
You know for a game that's in it's fifth year of play, it's scimpy on side content - we need it. So if the next update isn't a story update but side content, will you please be supportive?
Agreed! I hope we get a new world but I doubt it at least this year. In the mean time I hope for like a long side world or more Moo Manchu like dungeons. (Although I think that would count as side stuff to so ya side stuff plz!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
silver swordcoral on Jan 13, 2017 wrote:
Look kingsisle did the same thing with wizard101 it took a few years before they did a new world but then they got up and did it regularly at full steam and that was when the game just started out look at it now millions of players new worlds every year pirates is going to be like that to if not better it takes time for these things to happen besides we don't even know what caused the three year delay do you? It happens to all games look at Nancy drew her newest game has been in the making for a couple of years now because they had to Change the gaming system to make it even better for the players to in joy that's the whole point of a game to have fun make friends and maybe even learn something along the way it takes time money and lot of dedicated workers so if that means waiting another 3 years for one of the best games I've ever played so be it but don't underestimate all the work that goes into those worlds and this game if all you do is doubt you'll never be happy in life or anything
Would be a shame if something happened to me in waiting for those three years (since where I live...) or anyone else (depending where they live) :/

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Wizardguy8787 on Jan 13, 2017 wrote:
Maybe we'll get TWO horse mounts! Or a hybrid re-skin!
Perhaps a fiery skeletal horse?

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 13, 2017 wrote:
Is that glass half full or half empty? Those who are only interested in story content have already left and moved on.
I maintain that what we need right now is side content to keep the players interested.
If it's "half full" wouldn't it be half empty as well and vice versa? XD

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 14, 2017 wrote:
Very much agreed. The best way for a new update is to be positive. Never be a downer! You don't want to start 2017 off being a negative player. If we all are positive and hope, you never know, something you thought was impossible could be right there before you know it. Let's please stick together on this! *yum to all*

~ Darling Brittany Neels
a very hopeful player of P101

Ensign
Dec 25, 2016
If you've seen jurrassic world, you know that fans are not easily amused.
Kingsisle spends time and effort amusing the fans, and they've never let me down.

Bloody Christo De Bouff Lvl 19

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 14, 2017 wrote:
If it's "half full" wouldn't it be half empty as well and vice versa? XD
* The sound of one hand clapping *

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
draconian180 on Jan 15, 2017 wrote:
If you've seen jurrassic world, you know that fans are not easily amused.
Kingsisle spends time and effort amusing the fans, and they've never let me down.

Bloody Christo De Bouff Lvl 19
Very well said draconian We already know that KI is making something "New" for us pirates based on the last producers letter. Whether is's side activities or a new world is yet to be determined. My personal thought is P101 is now on a regular schedule as Wizard 101 (side activity/game improvement and a new world each year).

Wizard schedule - Large side content in the Summer, new world in the fall
Pirate schedule - Large side content in the spring, new world in the summer

This schedule helps to ensure new content for players who enjoy playing both, does not overwhelm the development team, provides a constant inflow of money for KI.

Although, I do believe the "world" we receive this year will be a side world and not the start of arc 2. Regardless, I believe this will be a great year for Pirate 101.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
* The sound of one hand clapping *

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1 Pirate Dad on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
Very well said draconian We already know that KI is making something "New" for us pirates based on the last producers letter. Whether is's side activities or a new world is yet to be determined. My personal thought is P101 is now on a regular schedule as Wizard 101 (side activity/game improvement and a new world each year).

Wizard schedule - Large side content in the Summer, new world in the fall
Pirate schedule - Large side content in the spring, new world in the summer

This schedule helps to ensure new content for players who enjoy playing both, does not overwhelm the development team, provides a constant inflow of money for KI.

Although, I do believe the "world" we receive this year will be a side world and not the start of arc 2. Regardless, I believe this will be a great year for Pirate 101.
This Schedule, is this the actual work schedule of KI?

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
This Schedule, is this the actual work schedule of KI?
I have played both games for several years and this has been the pattern I (and others) have noticed.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
I really hope we get a update in the spring which isn't reskins. Also last KI live, they hardly played pirate. They did one run of Waponi Wu and thats it, I felt pretty disappointed. On a brighter note, Hopefully we get some sort of update this spring or summer, even an update bring a new hoard pack woukd be nice.