Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Brilliant Easter Eggs in Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 23, 2013
hellow fellow pirates!
my twin and i have been noticing a lot of Easter Eggs in pirate101. such as Kung Pao Chicken, Lo Mein, Mick Dagger and various others like that. I was wondering if any one noticed any others in pirate101? i'm really curious cause i've found quite a few already without even looking for it.

thanks!

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
This question pops up a lot there are many threads just look for them. Also kingsisle include a lot of history and landmarks in with the game. If all education was this cool school would be a treat.

Ensign
Jun 25, 2014
If you think about it; privateers get a rare treat sine Egg shen is an Easter egg from the 1980s movie "Big Trouble In little china" it epitomizes the works of John Carpenter, and with Kurt Russell and Kim Katrall together as a famous duo that is rarely seen in hollywood; I love when he says "Moo shu is in the heart, pirate, wherever I go; she is with me" (spoken at the very end of the movie; where jack asks egg where is he going)

Other great easter eggs are all around... MMORPGs are the epicenter of alot of pop culture references; and if you think about it in the long run; its where a lot of us " Generation Y" (referring to those of us born before 2000) tend to be immortalized in its own way....

Interesting subject to say the least.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Well there are so many that there are too many to count and as Nefarious Alex mentioned there are also many historical references such as, The Trojan Mouse (that one's obvious), Bonnie Anne ( based off of Anne Bonny, a female pirate), Napolaguin (obviously based off of Napoleon, emperor of France), and many more!

Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
Oh, the Swashbuckler companion Subodai is from the movie called Conan the Barbarian, there's a man called Subotai.

Ensign
May 05, 2012
The musketeer companion I believe, Wing Chun, is named after a martial arts style; Wing chung.