Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hey guys! What's up? Jesse here.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 28, 2010
Hey! I'm glad to be apart of the Pirate community. I actually have opened this account back when the game first launched and played through the free trial, to be honest I truly forget how I felt but I couldn't continue anyway because I didn't have membership and went back to playing Wizard101.

Recently I have come back, I now have membership which is great (I recommend if you are thinking membership options & plans, get the year membership because you save more money in the long run than you do paying each month) and am loving Pirate.

It isn't my first time playing like I said played once when the game first launched but that was how long? I'm still pretty new, catching on and learning new things, hopefully I'll be as great a pirate as I am a wizard haha.

I have a few questions to start off. I am a huge pvp junkie. Did I say I was good at it? No. I actually don't know if I'm good I haven't tried pvp in Pirate yet. But anyway, besides actually fighting in pvp I love to watch it, pvp is like a big football game too me haha. I love participating/volunteering to help in pvp tournament events, I will actually be starting one up for Pirate & Wiz; Spiral Pvp, I'll probably mention more information about that sometime soon in the future. One think that I can't get to work though is, how do I watch duels in Pirate, I went to the pvp arena but you can only start ranked pvp, if you could help me please and thank you because I feel like that should and probably a feature in Pirate tell me yes or no.

Another thing is, since I am so used to Wiz I know a ton about the game. I know what to go for in gear for say. If you could give me some insight in what gear is good and what I should use. Can be gear that I have to buy with gold or farmed or crowns (not sure about crowns actually, maybe not sure), not sure if Pirate has crafting. In Wizard101 you probably know popular gear sets like Waterworks, Hades, and Darkmoor (Mali) gear. What would be the equivalent to these in Pirate for say, so when I do achieve higher levels I can aim to get those particular gear. As of right now I am not that high of a level but I mean being a noob haha, you'll be changing a lot of your gear a lot anyway but if there is a good set of gear for my class and level or upcoming levels please do tell me.

Also what're some good pets for my school I should train, really want to get involved in all that Pirate101 has to offer.

I think that's it for now, I love all of you, the Pirate community is amazing and I can't wait to see you in the game.

Jesse - Level 10 Witchdoctor
Jesse - Level 5 Privateer
Jesse ShadowWalker - Level 105 Storm Wizard
Jesse LifeWalker - Level 55 Life Wizard

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Welcome back! If you're looking for gear, then Moo Manchu is your ideal options. Of course, you won't reach him until you're level 50- so don't get your hopes too high. Until then, there are several bosses who are great for farming. Take Phule, for example, the first of Kane's elite court you'll encounter in Valencia. If you're a witchdoctor, he has some gear that's perfect for you, including his wand and mask! Deacon (in Cool Ranch) is another option, and English Bill (the Duck of Death) is another great Cool Ranch target.

Anywho, welcome back, and I hope you enjoy Pirate!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Hiya Master Wizard, and welcome back to the piratin' world.

I have no interest in PvP, so can't help you there.

For low-level pirates, the best gear I think comes form the three Traitors' Island quests where you are trying to lay to rest the ghosts of the three rats from Ratbeard's crew. The final fight from each of those three quests has some extremely nice jewelry that will give a young pirate a handsome boost. There is a second-chance chest in each case.

Much later on, in the final section of Cool Ranch, you will go to the town of Miranda to fight Captain Blood. His coat is one of the best items in the game, but he does not relinquish it gladly! He also has a second-chance chest.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Master Wizard on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
Hey! I'm glad to be apart of the Pirate community. I actually have opened this account back when the game first launched and played through the free trial, to be honest I truly forget how I felt but I couldn't continue anyway because I didn't have membership and went back to playing Wizard101.

Recently I have come back, I now have membership which is great (I recommend if you are thinking membership options & plans, get the year membership because you save more money in the long run than you do paying each month) and am loving Pirate.

It isn't my first time playing like I said played once when the game first launched but that was how long? I'm still pretty new, catching on and learning new things, hopefully I'll be as great a pirate as I am a wizard haha.

I have a few questions to start off. I am a huge pvp junkie. Did I say I was good at it? No. I actually don't know if I'm good I haven't tried pvp in Pirate yet. But anyway, besides actually fighting in pvp I love to watch it, pvp is like a big football game too me haha. I love participating/volunteering to help in pvp tournament events, I will actually be starting one up for Pirate & Wiz; Spiral Pvp, I'll probably mention more information about that sometime soon in the future. One think that I can't get to work though is, how do I watch duels in Pirate, I went to the pvp arena but you can only start ranked pvp, if you could help me please and thank you because I feel like that should and probably a feature in Pirate tell me yes or no.

Another thing is, since I am so used to Wiz I know a ton about the game. I know what to go for in gear for say. If you could give me some insight in what gear is good and what I should use. Can be gear that I have to buy with gold or farmed or crowns (not sure about crowns actually, maybe not sure), not sure if Pirate has crafting. In Wizard101 you probably know popular gear sets like Waterworks, Hades, and Darkmoor (Mali) gear. What would be the equivalent to these in Pirate for say, so when I do achieve higher levels I can aim to get those particular gear. As of right now I am not that high of a level but I mean being a noob haha, you'll be changing a lot of your gear a lot anyway but if there is a good set of gear for my class and level or upcoming levels please do tell me.

Also what're some good pets for my school I should train, really want to get involved in all that Pirate101 has to offer.

I think that's it for now, I love all of you, the Pirate community is amazing and I can't wait to see you in the game.

Jesse - Level 10 Witchdoctor
Jesse - Level 5 Privateer
Jesse ShadowWalker - Level 105 Storm Wizard
Jesse LifeWalker - Level 55 Life Wizard
Welcome to the message boards Jesse. You are now an official Message Board Marauder and we are thrilled to be sailing the skyways with you.

A good thread to peruse is Pirates Helping Pirates plus there are MANY great guides from the official fan sites. Just wander around and see what you like in our friendly boards. You may enjoy The Spar Chamber as that is where the PvP topics abound. Have fun and see you in the skyways.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
1. You can't spectate ranked pvp matches yet but if you go to the spar chamber, you can watch people pvp there.
2. There isn't much auctionable good gear excluding the Revive ring and most crown gear is total trash but some great pieces of gear to get is found in Moo Manchu's tower, especially the Nefarious Staff, the scorpions really help out in pvp. However, unlike wiz, there is not just one place to farm gear at, there are several good pieces of gear that aren't available in Moo Manchu's tower, specifically gear with Valor's Armor or Valor's Fortress. To get gear like that, you'll need to farm specific bosses for it ( I don't know which ones in particular because I haven't started farming for pvp items on my WD yet).

For PVE: some of the best items include Phule's wand and Captain Blood's Jacket.
3. For a good WD pet, I would recommend:
Grants Rallying Call
Scent 2
Grants Mojo Echo
Grants Mojo Rising
Grants Elusive
Grants Levianth's Call
Grants Readied Spell

Lvl 70
Lvl 48