Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fast Animations

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 28, 2020
Hello!

One piece of feedback I had was relating to fast animation. For a lot of crits (most notably in my experience, Lt. Springer lol) fast animation just DESTORYS the look of it. For some characters its tolerable but, in the case of Lt. Springer, for instance, the sound effects are so horribly timed its immersion breaking.

I know the game is not built around fast animations so simply adjusting them so the crits play out fine might be weird or difficult. I also know because it is built around normal animations it could be seen as a bit of an unfair criticism. However, thinking about it, I think there is a decent compromise to be had.

The reason I personally keep fast animations on is because the regular non-critical animations are just way too slow. The critical hits are absolutely perfect. I think a good addition would be to add more options for fast animations. For instance, you can turn fast animations on for casting, normal animations, etc while keeping it off for crits. That is just an example. It gives us a bit more customizability and it improves an already existing feature. Separating things into, "basic animations," "casting animations," and "critical animations," for example doesn't seem too difficult either.

What do you guys think? Kingsisle is under new management so HOPEFULLY we can get something. Gamigo doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation, like, at all, so I am probably just screaming into the void (as per usual) but, if they do actually decided to invest in the Pirate101 and improve it, fixing bugs and improving certain features like this would be a good start.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I'm pretty sure they could create animations that go along with faster speed, after all wizards has done animation changes for quicker speed many times.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on May 4, 2021 wrote:
I'm pretty sure they could create animations that go along with faster speed, after all wizards has done animation changes for quicker speed many times.
And what about the players with older computers that can't handle the Fast Combat now? Wouldn't it make it unplayable for them?

Not everything needs to be super fast. It's fast enough as it is.

Ensign
May 28, 2020
anecorbie on May 5, 2021 wrote:
And what about the players with older computers that can't handle the Fast Combat now? Wouldn't it make it unplayable for them?

Not everything needs to be super fast. It's fast enough as it is.
Excellent point!

But, an easy fix I think is to make the default speed "slow animations" going by what TakeThis (i think that is his name lol) said. In my given theoretical situation, one of the ideas is that critical animations could be adjusted to work better FOR fast animations. I wasn't saying speed it up entirely. Just more polishing or customization options.