Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which buck companion

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 06, 2013
So I was wondering if I should change from Peter quint Kobe and ratbeard
I'm only up to Diablo cut in monquista so in y'all opinion tell me which companions I should use

Sincerely, Dark Adam level 18
Blaze level 39

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
adam6001 on Feb 20, 2021 wrote:
I'm only up to Diablo cut in monquista so in y'all opinion tell me which companions I should use

Blaze level 39
Have you leveled and promoted Barnabus yet? He's very good. And who is your Presideo companion?
Birkus Latro, Dead Mike and Gaspar De Vole are all bucks and are very good as well. Lucky Jack and Milo Greytail are very good (even though they're not bucks).
Have you thought of adding variety to your team by using Bonnie Anne?
There are so many good companions you seem to be ignoring.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
All of 'em!

If you are not struggling to win your fights, it is fun to set the game so that your companions are randomly assigned.

-Indigo

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
adam6001 on Feb 20, 2021 wrote:

Blaze level 39
Use what you think you need.

If you think a heal and good chip damage would be valuable, use Bonnie. Her damage is solid and second wind is immensely helpful(I'm currently running through the game on a with a friend of mine).
All the Presidio companions are good either at dealing solid damage or being hit point sponges(though maybe don't call them that to their faces).

Of course, if your set-up is working, then there's no pressure to change what you've got. Peter is an incredible companion thanks to his Strength buff. Kobe, as a swash, puts out great damage and gets good powers. Ratbeard also gets some good powers and has some solid hit points.

That said, of course, be sure you keep a fair chunk of your companions on relatively the same level since some fights may be made easier with a different configuration of companions. I firmly believe that training points are one of, if not, the best uses of money in Pirate101.

Hope this helps!

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl 70