Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why do you support Pirate101?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 09, 2010
Hi folks! In the spirit of showing support for Pirate101, I wanted to start a thread about why we play the game. Why do you personally support Pirate101 and want to see it continue?

For myself, I enjoy the whimsical atmosphere and relaxed turn-based combat. The voice acting is always spot-on and I enjoy the fantastical places and characters. And the puns. So many delightful puns.

I began playing Wizard101 years ago, but Pirate101 is the game I keep returning to. I love the diverse crew of companions. It makes the game feel alive even when I'm soloing. Switching between character combat and ship combat keeps the pacing fresh. And I love the bright aesthetic. Especially now when the real winter world is a sheet of frozen gray, it's nice to sail a bright blue skyway for awhile in more uplifting virtual space.

Pirate101 brought me a little more sanity this past year. I'm rooting for this game and hope it continues for a long time to come.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Raelin7 on Jan 24, 2021 wrote:
Hi folks! In the spirit of showing support for Pirate101, I wanted to start a thread about why we play the game. Why do you personally support Pirate101 and want to see it continue?

For myself, I enjoy the whimsical atmosphere and relaxed turn-based combat. The voice acting is always spot-on and I enjoy the fantastical places and characters. And the puns. So many delightful puns.

I began playing Wizard101 years ago, but Pirate101 is the game I keep returning to. I love the diverse crew of companions. It makes the game feel alive even when I'm soloing. Switching between character combat and ship combat keeps the pacing fresh. And I love the bright aesthetic. Especially now when the real winter world is a sheet of frozen gray, it's nice to sail a bright blue skyway for awhile in more uplifting virtual space.

Pirate101 brought me a little more sanity this past year. I'm rooting for this game and hope it continues for a long time to come.
I support Pirate101 for similar reasons to yours. I love the companions and battle mechanics, as well as the long and diverse story which gives you excitement for what seems like forever.

Another reason I support it is because of the open and friendly nature of the developers and community. I know, interactions and hopes for this game in the past year or two have been glum, but somehow this game forges bonds between players and itself, and it's hard not to love it.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I haven't played for... two years?

I do still support the game by keeping one of my accounts paid up (when the game was still evolving I had three memberships and also had a pay-to-play account). I will absolutely come back when something new of consequence is added.

I prefer(ed) Pirate101 to Wizard101 for a variety of reasons, but probably primarily the combat system is more interesting. Wizard is basically a CCG model, while Pirate plays like a miniatures skirmish game (Mordheim, Gloomhaven, more recent incarnations of D&D). I prefer miniature skirmish games to CCGs.

-Indigo