Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A new pack?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
glitterway123 on Oct 16, 2019 wrote:
What have you received?
I want the Skeleton Crossbowman.
I have received no crew... yet. I'm gonna hold on my second buying spree until the Spooky Companion Sale happens. I have however gotten three 7-day Flying Dutchman rentals, two Zombie Parrots, and a couple Overflowing Treasures (They sell for 110,000 Gold! Nothing like TheyMayBeBears's Moodha thingy, but at least I don't go over the gold limit!)

Ensign
Apr 08, 2017
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Er... does anyone know what the Swashbuckler and Witchdoctor are? And what they do? I haven't seen them anywhere.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Lookit Light on Oct 16, 2019 wrote:
I have received no crew... yet. I'm gonna hold on my second buying spree until the Spooky Companion Sale happens. I have however gotten three 7-day Flying Dutchman rentals, two Zombie Parrots, and a couple Overflowing Treasures (They sell for 110,000 Gold! Nothing like TheyMayBeBears's Moodha thingy, but at least I don't go over the gold limit!)
I received nothing really interesting...I got some housing decorations (pirate barrel, barrel of swords, etc.) and some other stuff.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have the "Charred Privateer" - looks like Bosun Budd, charbroiled, and Budd's green cloud is colored red on the CP. He is lovely to look upon, he is.

He can learn bladestorm, relentless, second chance, and vengeance strike, among other options I didn't write down (sorry).

It is a nice pack, no kidding;

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
chiliman05 on Oct 5, 2019 wrote:
When it says that a new pack is coming in the October newsletter (cat pirate critical music intensifies).
Oh. Now I see the We're bringing a new pack! after we got the pack. Sorry.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There's so many things to like about this pack ( besides new companions & pets )
The Flying Dutchman mount ( nice looks, congrats to the art team & modelers! )
The Pirate safe - I've been watching a few videos where the player trashes them to make room in their pack; DO NOT DO THIS! They're worth three thousand scrip each if you sell them at the Black Market ( housing vendor ).
Ratbeard's Chair is back!
Now I gotta go blow away all me crowns, good luck !

Ensign
Sep 28, 2013
Im confused the water mole companion turned to a burning charred drowned zombie?!

for the third promotion?!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 19, 2019 wrote:
There's so many things to like about this pack ( besides new companions & pets )
The Flying Dutchman mount ( nice looks, congrats to the art team & modelers! )
The Pirate safe - I've been watching a few videos where the player trashes them to make room in their pack; DO NOT DO THIS! They're worth three thousand scrip each if you sell them at the Black Market ( housing vendor ).
Ratbeard's Chair is back!
Now I gotta go blow away all me crowns, good luck !
WAIT! Don't blow your Crowns yet! Wait for the Spooky Companion Sale, I think it might be half price then!

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
SarahFox117 on Oct 21, 2019 wrote:
Im confused the water mole companion turned to a burning charred drowned zombie?!

for the third promotion?!
It's a glitch. The pack seemed to have had many different bugs, most likely due to executives pushing it for a release around halloween. Try asking support for help.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Oct 21, 2019 wrote:
WAIT! Don't blow your Crowns yet! Wait for the Spooky Companion Sale, I think it might be half price then!
Too late but this is a pack not a companion, the Spooky Companion Sale won't impact this.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
sneaky fallon on Oct 16, 2019 wrote:
Did you guys know that this pack is in Wizard101?
Yeah, but they don't get cool piles of loot and the chance of a nice crew member.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Oct 23, 2019 wrote:
Yeah, but they don't get cool piles of loot and the chance of a nice crew member.
Yeah, but they also don't get their packs 90 percent broken too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Oct 24, 2019 wrote:
What's this "90% broken"? There are only 5 companions in the pack - they don't add up to 90% of the pack. There are 3 gear sets & 5 weapons - they don't add up to 90% of this pack either. You may be disappointed, but the rest of us are very happy!
It seems to me that the only ones moaning about this update & pack are PVPers; you got to realize PVP doesn't rule this game.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
chiliman05 on Oct 24, 2019 wrote:
*cough* *cough* (I'm actually coughing while I post this)
90% broken? So...you mean that only 10% of it is not broken? *whistles in amazement* But still....a new pack--okay, not that new, but I mean, it's better than nothing for P101's seventh birthday (exactly 12 days ago, I'm pretty sure...you're seven and twelve days, P101!) Anyway, I love the new pack!!!

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
What's this "90% broken"? There are only 5 companions in the pack - they don't add up to 90% of the pack. There are 3 gear sets & 5 weapons - they don't add up to 90% of this pack either. You may be disappointed, but the rest of us are very happy!
It seems to me that the only ones moaning about this update & pack are PVPers; you got to realize PVP doesn't rule this game.
Oh I don't care about pvp, and I was exaggerating about 90 percent. It's just that I mean broken in a glitch way. A LOT of the pack is broken in terms of glitches. One of the weapons literally disappeared from my inventory, and when It said I got the charred buccaneer I got the skeletal crossbowman.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
I'm disappointed in the fact that the pack seems very broken due to rushing out items for the holidays. Plus this is pretty much the only updates we get each year: during the holidays. Can't they at least make sure that's good?

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
glitterway123 on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
*cough* *cough* (I'm actually coughing while I post this)
90% broken? So...you mean that only 10% of it is not broken? *whistles in amazement* But still....a new pack--okay, not that new, but I mean, it's better than nothing for P101's seventh birthday (exactly 12 days ago, I'm pretty sure...you're seven and twelve days, P101!) Anyway, I love the new pack!!!
Yeah sure, it's better than nothing, but it's still pretty bad. Not in terms of content but the quality of it. A lot of it is "broken" (as in glitches).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Oct 28, 2019 wrote:
I'm disappointed in the fact that the pack seems very broken due to rushing out items for the holidays. Plus this is pretty much the only updates we get each year: during the holidays. Can't they at least make sure that's good?
The only thing broken about this pack is the strange talents available for the ghost companions, I do agree that KI should have taken more care about it. I hope that they will soon fix them.
* sigh * It's because W101 is currently in test realm for a new dungeon - they get the attention needed and we don't.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
chiliman05 on Oct 28, 2019 wrote:
Oh I don't care about pvp, and I was exaggerating about 90 percent. It's just that I mean broken in a glitch way. A LOT of the pack is broken in terms of glitches. One of the weapons literally disappeared from my inventory, and when It said I got the charred buccaneer I got the skeletal crossbowman.
So technically it is 100 percent broken. There is so many glitches on the pack. Every single new item in the pack is pretty much glitched in some way.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 29, 2019 wrote:
The only thing broken about this pack is the strange talents available for the ghost companions, I do agree that KI should have taken more care about it. I hope that they will soon fix them.
* sigh * It's because W101 is currently in test realm for a new dungeon - they get the attention needed and we don't.
I wish I didn't have to say it, but a lot more is broken. Weapons sometimes disappear from your inventory. The companions become other companions in the pack when they promote often. Just look through. You'll see a lot.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
chiliman05 on Oct 29, 2019 wrote:
So technically it is 100 percent broken. There is so many glitches on the pack. Every single new item in the pack is pretty much glitched in some way.
Not true!

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
glitterway123 on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
Not true!
That's debatable. I've found a glitch with pretty much all of the items. The only ones I haven't found glitches with were the items I don't have.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Indigo Ring on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
I am quite pleased with the new pack.

-Indigo
If you are, that's great, but personally the pack feels rushed.