Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fixing What Isnt Broken

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
So I understand that the staff for pirate101 has been limited. Its why we didnt get an update for 3 years. I am not complaining about that. I feel for them. I know its hard to manage a game like this. But why would they change things that aren't broken? Case in point the summer PvP weapons. They looked perfect and awesome with the red and orange combo. But for some odd reason they had their understaffed people take the time to change the color so now they are yellow and orange. (only the buccaneer weapon stayed the same. Give it a look and you will know what the others looked like)

But why is my big question? Of all the things to spend effort on. They could have made the moo tower weapons stichable. They could have added a dying option to the summer pvp weapons. If they wanted gorillas to match the weapons they could have made the summer ones orange and the fall ones red rather than changing both to yellow. They could have done many other things with their time but instead they took something that was better before then made it worse for no reason I can see.

Is there any chance we can get them back the way the used to be?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
I forgot to add this to my last thread. And I dont know if it is allowed here. But if anyone wants to share a screen shot of how the old weapons looked so others reading this can see for themselves I would very much appreciated it. I am currently looking to get hold of some my self by talking to friends :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thomas Sunhammer on Jul 14, 2016 wrote:
So I understand that the staff for pirate101 has been limited. Its why we didnt get an update for 3 years. I am not complaining about that. I feel for them. I know its hard to manage a game like this. But why would they change things that aren't broken? Case in point the summer PvP weapons. They looked perfect and awesome with the red and orange combo. But for some odd reason they had their understaffed people take the time to change the color so now they are yellow and orange. (only the buccaneer weapon stayed the same. Give it a look and you will know what the others looked like)

But why is my big question? Of all the things to spend effort on. They could have made the moo tower weapons stichable. They could have added a dying option to the summer pvp weapons. If they wanted gorillas to match the weapons they could have made the summer ones orange and the fall ones red rather than changing both to yellow. They could have done many other things with their time but instead they took something that was better before then made it worse for no reason I can see.

Is there any chance we can get them back the way the used to be?
Welcome back, Thomas Sunhammer, it's been a while, ( a long, peaceful while )
Now let me get this straight - you're upset because the appearance of the champion weapons have been changed because KI could have spent the time in making better changes? So now you're asking them to undo what they've done taking more time from their schedules when they could be doing something else?
That really is "fixing what isn't broken".

Post Edit: I believe the change was made to make the 2016 weapons look different than the 2015 weapons so that people could see a difference, because, honestly, they're the same weapons from last year.

Developer
There's a reason the tower weapons are No Stitch.

It's not a question of effort, it's a question of intent.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
You cannot fix something that isn't broken, this fixing what isn't broken doesn't make any sense

You can only improve on an item that "isn't broken"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
You cannot fix something that isn't broken, this fixing what isn't broken doesn't make any sense

You can only improve on an item that "isn't broken"
It's an American expression : to waste time doing what's unnecessary.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
It's an American expression : to waste time doing what's unnecessary.
Oh ok... Hehe sorry I'm not of American background

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
Oh ok... Hehe sorry I'm not of American background
No problem, I'm sure there are expressions in your country that would confuse an American.

Ensign
Mar 13, 2010
Ratbeard on Jul 15, 2016 wrote:
There's a reason the tower weapons are No Stitch.

It's not a question of effort, it's a question of intent.
Would you give us that reason, please? I can't figure out why anything would be non-stitchable so I must be missing something.