Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Adding New Features in Small Update Implementing some Wiz101 Features

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 24, 2016
I know that Pirate101 will probably not be able to have a big new update with a new world for quite some time, but there are many features on Wizard101 that would be great to implement here and are probably fairly easy to do. Some of these would make things so much easier!

* Increase backpack space to 150 for member

* If backpack is full, rather than destroying an item, move the item to bank

*Advanced move!!!!!!! This will help decorating immensely. It is very hard to set items in a space, especially when close (not even too close) to each other

*Castle tours would be cool to check out other player's houses

*Castle magic would be cool to eventually add in the future to make our houses extra awesome

*Magic mirror, we could use an update to our hair and faces after 9 years

*Save outfit, great so we don't have to always change our gear one piece at a time

* Emojis (same as those recently added to Wiz, i want my eyeroll emote)

* Pet kiosk to make it easier to find the talents we need

* Faster pet training, the time it takes to get a pet to 70 is ridiculous, add more xp per training

* Double Pet twice a month

* Add multiple player mounts for 2, 3, 4 people questing together

*Add more mounts/packs to crown shop.

* Add or replace weapons in crown shop with newer ones with cool effects

* Do Throwback Thursday with retired items/bundles (do we even have this?!)

* Increase the possibility of time warp going off to be the same rate as rainbow blessing, to make this talent on pets more useful and worth having

* Reduce pricing for Miracle Mitch, healing companions used to be free with the life fountain

* Reduce number required helping in team ledger for the halo badge (think its 2000?) We simply don't have the player base to achieve this without manipulation

* Rid of ranking for PVP, this should be an extra feature to enjoy, not to bring about a more toxic community. There is also not the player base to be able to rank without boosting. The Champion badge really doesn't take any skill and is pretty much a joke since its not actually obtained by playing with other (random) players as it was originally created. It is abused for weapons/mounts. I know this won't be a popular suggestion, but let's get real here, Champion is not what we think it is out of hard worked efforts.

* Make PVP rewards/items scrip only (no rank) Allow players to choose PVP, ships, smugger arena or obsidian bosses to be able to purchase items from vendors in the arena where they will no longer require rank to buy them. This allows everyone to earn scrip to buy these items without all the cheating.

* Doom Mojo, please replace this Scratch spell for something else to protect, aid play or heal Scratch, even buff for other companions. This spell has only been abused and used for trolling and is seldom used as intended. Very few players know how to use it constructively.

* Add boss clothing that are not complete sets, like Bishop, Phule and especially Kane's robe. Kane's robe existed in test realm and only a couple exist on live realm, I know of 2, why is this not an in game item?!

AribellaLafonte on Sep 30, 2021 wrote:
I know that Pirate101 will probably not be able to have a big new update with a new world for quite some time, but there are many features on Wizard101 that would be great to implement here and are probably fairly easy to do. Some of these would make things so much easier!

*Advanced move!!!!!!! This will help decorating immensely. It is very hard to set items in a space, especially when close (not even too close) to each other

*Castle magic would be cool to eventually add in the future to make our houses extra awesome

*Save outfit, great so we don't have to always change our gear one piece at a time

* Faster pet training, the time it takes to get a pet to 70 is ridiculous, add more xp per training

* Increase the possibility of time warp going off to be the same rate as rainbow blessing, to make this talent on pets more useful and worth having

* Reduce pricing for Miracle Mitch, healing companions used to be free with the life fountain

* Reduce number required helping in team ledger for the halo badge (think its 2000?) We simply don't have the player base to achieve this without manipulation

* Rid of ranking for PVP, this should be an extra feature to enjoy, not to bring about a more toxic community. There is also not the player base to be able to rank without boosting. The Champion badge really doesn't take any skill and is pretty much a joke since its not actually obtained by playing with other (random) players as it was originally created. It is abused for weapons/mounts. I know this won't be a popular suggestion, but let's get real here, Champion is not what we think it is out of hard worked efforts.

* Make PVP rewards/items scrip only (no rank) Allow players to choose PVP, ships, smugger arena or obsidian bosses to be able to purchase items from vendors in the arena where they will no longer require rank to buy them. This allows everyone to earn scrip to buy these items without all the cheating.

* Doom Mojo, please replace this Scratch spell for something else to protect, aid play or heal Scratch, even buff for other companions. This spell has only been abused and used for trolling and is seldom used as intended. Very few players know how to use it constructively.

* Add boss clothing that are not complete sets, like Bishop, Phule and especially Kane's robe. Kane's robe existed in test realm and only a couple exist on live realm, I know of 2, why is this not an in game item?!
Ahoy there! These are awesome suggestions! Thank you! If anyone would like to second any of these please reply with your feedback. Currently making the top community ideas list for the month of September and seeing your opinions on things like these is extremely beneficial!

Ensign
May 07, 2020

Ahoy,

I love these ideas, and I have just a few to add:

+ A extremely low chance to get permanent mounts from big boss battles, such as Kane, Hydra, or like the obsidian key bosses. (I know this probably won't get added, but it's worth a try.

+ Increase pets you get from the storyline, since there isn't many. Maybe if KI ever does update the storyline, they can add a special pet.

+ Goes along the lines of ^ but add side quests with pets or increase, (or add) chance to get a pet in battles.

+ More Crown shop bosses? (Oh, I don't know, just for fun. Leave boss companion suggestions.)

+ Make companions recover faster! Having to wait for 7 hours just because one of my guys died to Kane is very annoying!

+ Make houses themed to each specific world, such as

- A basic island with a tavern, a couple houses, and a few more things. Then, underground, a hidden compartment thing that leads to something. - Skull Island

- Sandy area, with standard Monquistan architecture. - Monquista

- Wild West themed area, maybe a sheriff's office or something of the like. - Cool Ranch

- An island divided into 4 parts, connected by bridges. Each corner has a (season?), snowy corner, fall themed corner, summer corner, and spring corner. Put different Mooshu buildings. - Mooshu

- Just a basic Marleybone island, maybe with a Ferris wheel like an amusement park, and then you could have a thing that enters into a tactical strategy room. - Marleybone

- Aquila, basic Roman and Greek architecture, maybe a smaller version of Hydra's cave, and lots of Roman Pillars. - Aquila

- Finally, Valencia, lot's of awesome looking builds and, (oh my!,) a smaller version of The Machine, with the chessboard but scaled down, that would look SO cool. Maybe have some dead armada soldiers, or even something that's off Kane, Rooke, Deacon, Bishop, Queen, Phule, y'know.

Just some of my ideas, thanks for your time.

Quinn Jones
Level 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Increase backpack space for members - isn't it that number already?
when backpack is full move object to bank - we have that. if you're losing objects it's because your bank is full.
Advanced move, ( what ever this is, I'm for it), castle tours, castle magic, magic mirror, yes, yes yes!!!
Save outfit (useful for PvP players, so yes), Emojis ( we have some but could use more), Pet kiosk, I still don't see that faster training is necessary, we already have a superior system, however, KI, players what it).
Time Warp: well, I'll leave that to the Ranked PvP competitors to comment.

Miracle Mitch is the trade-off for having Advanced Companions, if you're max level you have many ways to get the gold to revive companions ( or just let them rest and use someone else, or use them wounded.)
We already get plenty new mounts - we need new packs or a bundle.
Without a rank or reward PvP will be deader than it already is ( and KI and stop the cheating.)
Don't know why KI thought Old Scratch needed this power, he was already a powerhouse without it. (And I absolutely agree about the trolling or those who use auto companions with Scratch!)
Indeed all Armada Gear would be welcomed!
All in all a comprehensive list
But I feel I must add to it:
We need SIDE CONTENT, (it's been asked for these 9 years!) crafting, gardening and fishing!
I'll also request more dances.We only have two (and both are, imo, stupid) give us something cool!

Ensign
Dec 22, 2009
I have played this game off and on since it went live (actually a bit before, I purchased the Boochbeard bundle so technically since end of Beta) and I would like to add my two cents worth here:

1) I agree, multiple player mounts would be easier. Most people only run one account simply because it's too much trouble to double box with no 2-person mounts

2) NEW PACKS!! I know some people (*cough* Wizard players *cough*) complain about nothing but new packs for months and no new content for over a year, but we Pirates would love to have more than the 4 packs that we do. Wizard101 had so many packs after just a few years that they started to retire them to make way for new ones, but after 9 years Pirates only has 4? (I don't count the pet gear packs, pet snack packs, or housing packs as "new packs", but maybe that's just me) I mean don't get me wrong, the packs we have are great but seriously, the last pack was released in 2019 (Pirate Nightmare Pack), and before that it was 2016 with the Ashes of the Armada. I feel like this is a largely ignored suggestion but it would be great to have a little more variety for when we want to go through $25 worth of Crowns on a whim.

3) I don't know if this has ever been mentioned, or if it's even possible. It's really just a pet peeve of mine but it would be GREAT to have something like a world door or even a transportaler in our houses. As it is, when you go to your house, if you already have a mark somewhere you're left with the option to either go to your last life fountain or Skull Island, but what if you want to go to a totally different world? Maybe it's just me but if Wizards can go to their house as a shortcut to other worlds, why can't Pirates? I would suggest exploring the idea of putting a Transportaler in our houses. Even though we'd have to pay for it, the convenience of not having to run or sail to the nearest main hub in whatever world you're in, or porting to Skull Island only to use the Transportaler there, would be great. But as I said, it's just a pet peeve of mine that there's no easy exit from your house.

4) I've said it before, I'll say it again: I want to be able to sell Doubloons to a vendor, or even just destroy them. But I'm stuck with either use them, trade them to my nonexistent friends/random strangers in Avery's Court, or load up a level 1 "throwaway" pirate (a pirate made simply to load up with unwanted doubloons and then delete) on an alternate account.

5) I agree on reducing Miracle Mitch prices, although I know it's a Princess Bride reference (Miracle Max). The problem here is that unless you're high level, gold is somewhat difficult to come by in Pirates. Even a 25% reduction would be nice. I'd like to tack onto that idea a reduction of prices at Ryan's Yum-a-nade stand. Like Miracle Mitch, it's a bit pricey so I never use it. Although I rarely use Mojo Potions so it's less of a issue for me personally, I know some people out there find it annoying to chase down blue fruits (which are rare to find until you're low on health, then that's ALL you can find, I swear) and have difficulty playing the minigames to fill potions. But again that's not a big issue for me, but I'm sure it is for someone. Just something to consider.

6) I would love to see the addition of side activities like in Wizards. We have Pet Training, but it's passive so you can do that and quest at the same time, so it's not a "side" activity exactly. We have PvP and Ship PvP but not many people use it, we have the Pirate's Regatta again not really used, it would be nice to see side activities like gardening, fishing, crafting. With a few updates to housing we'd have house decorating as an additional pursuit. I know there are players who have 6 maxed out pirates and no desire to start over on a new account and are bored. Key Bosses are nice but meh, I'd like something to do that doesn't involve always fighting something. Personally, I love crafting in Wizards and it would be nice to see that in Pirates, or something similar.

Ok so that was more than two cents lol. Sorry for rambling a bit there.
Personally I don't PvP so that side of the game I know very little about, and the only thing I ever cared about was the Gorilla Mounts, specifically the purple one (I forget what season it was). That was the only time I did PvP boosting for the sole purpose of aquiring both purple gorilla mounts which I refer to as Grape Ape (old, OLD cartoon character). PvP stuff is kinda not my thing, so can't really give any opinions on that. It would be nice, however, to be able to obtain the Gorilla Mounts outside of PvP but it's more of a wish than a "need".

Ok I'm done, I swear. Hope that helps, and thanks for all you do, Maceryn!

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020

- Faster Pet Training: Times straight up should be cut in half for members regardless of a benefit or not. Have no idea how lvl 60 - 70 taking a day or more per level made it out of test.

- As long as you don't remove Supercharge weap or Boarding Knives, I wouldn't mind more weaps being added, but preferably make them droppable too, don't want this game going p2w.

-Ranking in PVP isn't why it's toxic at all, in fact, Ranked PVP is rarely done today, unless people are trying to boost for a champion weapon. PVP by extension will always be toxic, but primarily, this game was not built to have pvp as a primary thought, and it is overly obvious watching all the matches get decided via rng. Even in Wiz rankings was never really about skill, it's about a time commitment, I doubt removing ranking would eliminate toxicity from the game, sadly.

- Doom Mojo: I agree. Doom doesn't even work correctly, and it's clear it was designed to be a boss cheat, something a player never should've been able to obtain or use. Scratch is so overpowered as well that you could remove Doom from his kit and he'd still be the most used companion in the game too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

"Throw Back Thursday" - we need something to "throw back" to. The only retired bundle we have is the Boochbeard Bundle. That was retired permanently, it will never come back. Only during April will there be retired mounts (the April Fools mounts) allowed back.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jacobquon on Oct 2, 2021 wrote:
I have played this game off and on since it went live (actually a bit before, I purchased the Boochbeard bundle so technically since end of Beta) and I would like to add my two cents worth here:

1) I agree, multiple player mounts would be easier. Most people only run one account simply because it's too much trouble to double box with no 2-person mounts

2) NEW PACKS!! I know some people (*cough* Wizard players *cough*) complain about nothing but new packs for months and no new content for over a year, but we Pirates would love to have more than the 4 packs that we do. Wizard101 had so many packs after just a few years that they started to retire them to make way for new ones, but after 9 years Pirates only has 4? (I don't count the pet gear packs, pet snack packs, or housing packs as "new packs", but maybe that's just me) I mean don't get me wrong, the packs we have are great but seriously, the last pack was released in 2019 (Pirate Nightmare Pack), and before that it was 2016 with the Ashes of the Armada. I feel like this is a largely ignored suggestion but it would be great to have a little more variety for when we want to go through $25 worth of Crowns on a whim.

3) I don't know if this has ever been mentioned, or if it's even possible. It's really just a pet peeve of mine but it would be GREAT to have something like a world door or even a transportaler in our houses. As it is, when you go to your house, if you already have a mark somewhere you're left with the option to either go to your last life fountain or Skull Island, but what if you want to go to a totally different world? Maybe it's just me but if Wizards can go to their house as a shortcut to other worlds, why can't Pirates? I would suggest exploring the idea of putting a Transportaler in our houses. Even though we'd have to pay for it, the convenience of not having to run or sail to the nearest main hub in whatever world you're in, or porting to Skull Island only to use the Transportaler there, would be great. But as I said, it's just a pet peeve of mine that there's no easy exit from your house.

4) I've said it before, I'll say it again: I want to be able to sell Doubloons to a vendor, or even just destroy them. But I'm stuck with either use them, trade them to my nonexistent friends/random strangers in Avery's Court, or load up a level 1 "throwaway" pirate (a pirate made simply to load up with unwanted doubloons and then delete) on an alternate account.

5) I agree on reducing Miracle Mitch prices, although I know it's a Princess Bride reference (Miracle Max). The problem here is that unless you're high level, gold is somewhat difficult to come by in Pirates. Even a 25% reduction would be nice. I'd like to tack onto that idea a reduction of prices at Ryan's Yum-a-nade stand. Like Miracle Mitch, it's a bit pricey so I never use it. Although I rarely use Mojo Potions so it's less of a issue for me personally, I know some people out there find it annoying to chase down blue fruits (which are rare to find until you're low on health, then that's ALL you can find, I swear) and have difficulty playing the minigames to fill potions. But again that's not a big issue for me, but I'm sure it is for someone. Just something to consider.

6) I would love to see the addition of side activities like in Wizards. We have Pet Training, but it's passive so you can do that and quest at the same time, so it's not a "side" activity exactly. We have PvP and Ship PvP but not many people use it, we have the Pirate's Regatta again not really used, it would be nice to see side activities like gardening, fishing, crafting. With a few updates to housing we'd have house decorating as an additional pursuit. I know there are players who have 6 maxed out pirates and no desire to start over on a new account and are bored. Key Bosses are nice but meh, I'd like something to do that doesn't involve always fighting something. Personally, I love crafting in Wizards and it would be nice to see that in Pirates, or something similar.

Ok so that was more than two cents lol. Sorry for rambling a bit there.
Personally I don't PvP so that side of the game I know very little about, and the only thing I ever cared about was the Gorilla Mounts, specifically the purple one (I forget what season it was). That was the only time I did PvP boosting for the sole purpose of aquiring both purple gorilla mounts which I refer to as Grape Ape (old, OLD cartoon character). PvP stuff is kinda not my thing, so can't really give any opinions on that. It would be nice, however, to be able to obtain the Gorilla Mounts outside of PvP but it's more of a wish than a "need".

Ok I'm done, I swear. Hope that helps, and thanks for all you do, Maceryn!
We do have transportalators in the game,(on the docks) you can move from world to world using those. Still convenient (better than warp stones or a world door), I like seeing the worlds in the Spiral Treads. Members can use gold, non-members must use crowns.
Also, we're PIRATES not wizards, part of the game is actually using your ship for something besides broadside combat.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 3, 2021 wrote:
"Throw Back Thursday" - we need something to "throw back" to. The only retired bundle we have is the Boochbeard Bundle. That was retired permanently, it will never come back. Only during April will there be retired mounts (the April Fools mounts) allowed back.
Honestly, at this point, who cares if they actually did a super-often-requested thing and did a Throw Back Thursday for the Boochbeard Bundle? This would be an extremely popular move, and corporate America is not known for sticking to something that was said nine years ago.

I own it. I don't care that it "must stay retired" -- let everyone who wants it get a 10th anniversary version of the Boochbeard Bundle -- hyping such a thing would bring a lot of players back to/into the game, and I'm all for that. I only ask that we also get Castle Tours in the game, so we can show off our Volcano Islands - what is the point of an exclusive castle that no one knows we have?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on Oct 7, 2021 wrote:
Honestly, at this point, who cares if they actually did a super-often-requested thing and did a Throw Back Thursday for the Boochbeard Bundle? This would be an extremely popular move, and corporate America is not known for sticking to something that was said nine years ago.

I own it. I don't care that it "must stay retired" -- let everyone who wants it get a 10th anniversary version of the Boochbeard Bundle -- hyping such a thing would bring a lot of players back to/into the game, and I'm all for that. I only ask that we also get Castle Tours in the game, so we can show off our Volcano Islands - what is the point of an exclusive castle that no one knows we have?

It would only be an "extremely popular" move for those who hadn't got it. Remember it was a very expensive bundle, almost 90 U.S. dollars, because it include a year's sub or 60,000 crowns.
I would prefer that KI shows some integrity and keeps their word. They never "trow-back" to that Pioneer Dragon mount they started W101 with.
Definitely agree about Castle Tours, I'm not interested in rating or badges; just want to see the creativity of design among my fellow pirates!

Ensign
Dec 22, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 6, 2021 wrote:
We do have transportalators in the game,(on the docks) you can move from world to world using those. Still convenient (better than warp stones or a world door), I like seeing the worlds in the Spiral Treads. Members can use gold, non-members must use crowns.
Also, we're PIRATES not wizards, part of the game is actually using your ship for something besides broadside combat.
Yes, I know of the Transportalers. I use them quite often. Come to think of it, since they are essentially a Pirates version of the World Doors, why should we pay for them? Yes, I know. We're PIRATES. Things aren't meant to be easy.......but I'm just pointing out the convenience of having Transportalers in our houses, if only to make it a bit easier to get out of them. I like sailing the Stormgates, too, but imagine what it must be like as a non member to sail from, say, Marleybone to Valencia. It would get very old since you must first sail to Mooshu, then Skull Island, them Monquista, before going to Valencia. My point is that it would be nice to make the Transportalers free, at the least. Besides, think of all the gold you'd save!

Ensign
Aug 23, 2020

I posted a housing update suggestion in the thread "Do you have an idea" and am so glad to see someone else agrees. We don't seem to use our houses much, except to use the bank or smugglers arena, or maybe that wishing well in a specific house...
If they add housing tours they should add a new house related currency that can be redeemed for exclusive items, and of course more badges.
One more thing now that I mentioned badges...
They should add a search bar for badges, because it's hard finding a specific badge when you get far into the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Tamriel Cat on Oct 8, 2021 wrote:
I posted a housing update suggestion in the thread "Do you have an idea" and am so glad to see someone else agrees. We don't seem to use our houses much, except to use the bank or smugglers arena, or maybe that wishing well in a specific house...
If they add housing tours they should add a new house related currency that can be redeemed for exclusive items, and of course more badges.
One more thing now that I mentioned badges...
They should add a search bar for badges, because it's hard finding a specific badge when you get far into the game.
Definitely a search bar for badges!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
More female companions (either pack, bundle or main/side quest recruitment...)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bit late to this thread, but...

. Official Ninja Pig giveaways. As an owner of the rare Ninja Pig Companion, I feel that giving this little goon as part of special events or promotional material would be appreciated by new players. Whenever I bring this up, someone always says that P101 streamers give them away. But it has been far too long since there was an official giveaway of the Ninja Pig.

. As others have said, new Houses. We haven't got new houses since the Empire Bundle, and it's long overdue for a new one to be added.

. New Bundles. Wizard101 gets two or three new bundles a year, this game's last one was the Hoodoo and Empire Bundles. New bundles, with new Companions and good quality gear, would make great promotional material for the next major bit of content.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2010
maybe a darkmoor bundle.

Pirate101's Darkmoor Bundle darkmoor fortress house with elixir with a darkmoor golem mount (von shane golem) like the celestian mech mount but its darkmoor golem. A Darkmoor ship (the ones in cool ranch), Armor of Darkmoor Gear, Darkmoor Standard and a darkmoor themed companion (for this one im thinking of darkmoor gargoyle type: giant class: witchdoctor companion) great juju, Davy Jones Reach, Mojo Reaver, Shadow Step, Reverse Purge Magic (on enemy team), Leviathan's Call