Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Here We Go Again.... Again.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 07, 2020
Alright, so I just very recently beat the main storyline, and I was wondering what some people's ideas would be for continuation of the storyline. I have a few, and I'll state them! I can't wait to hear your feedback. Also, tell me if you think my ideas are good or bad!

1) Alright, so we (all?) remember the Zeena questline in which you must talk to Ares, and I was thinking what if we went back to Aquila, (for a limited time, of course,) and we would actually fight or do tasks for some of the gods. Doing this, they could give us replacements for Marco Polo's map's destroyed pieces, or other things like gear or ships. An awesome idea for a companion would be one of the gods. Imagine, Ares the buccaneer, fighting along side a mighty pirate like you? But an issue with that is 2 things. (That I can think of.) First off, us, a puny pirate, fighting gods? We did defeat the Hydra, Medusa, Kane, and other countless beasts, but gods? Little bit of a stretch, it sounds like. Also, if you did get one of the gods as a companion, wouldn't they kind of be... like... EXTREMELY overpowered? So final rating of this continuation: 6/10.

2) Now, those who have beat the main storyline know about Queen. Well, Queen isn't as powerful or as intelligent as Kane, (at least, I think,) but if El Dorado's crew could get one of those automations defeated, I'm sure the whole Armada army could. Since Kane is dead, (or rather destroyed,) then Queen would be his successor, and since Queen was created by Kane, probably for the purpose of helping him with ruling, well... what would a Queen be without her king? What if Queen goes to El Dorado, and then tries to make another Kane, but this time, in his true form. Except what if in the end, we fight Kane again, and this time, we get the heart inside of him? A Kane companion would be crazy. Actually, what if we make our own clockwork, in the image of Kane, just add a heart. Alright, now the issues. How would Queen make Kane similar to who he was before, because there would be different backstories. How would she, (it?,) find how to get to El Dorado in the first place? Final rating of this continuation: 6.5/10.

3) This one is an odd one probably stated before, but what if our pirates went to the world of Wizard101? It would be one of our greatest adventures yet, but why would we go there, and how would the combat be? That would be interesting to see. Continuation rating: 3/10.

Can't wait, get to typing!

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
I really want to go to Grizzleheim and Polaris, whether we need to go through Aquila to get there or not. Hopefully, we're still trying to get to El Dorado, and we need to meet Erika the Red, our parent's final crew mate.

Going to Wizard City doesn't really excite me that much - I can't think what Pirates would want to do there...

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
My primary concern when thinking about the future of the story is filling in the plot holes that Valencia Part 2 made. I do not think retconning is an option (Aside from maybe some modified dialogue fix some of them, but even that's a big stretch.

Firstly, and perhaps most importantly the El Dorado map menu is still missing some map pieces. I'm well aware that we heard the voices of our parents tell us not to pursue it anymore... but what if that was a deception crafted by Kane, intended to throw us off the pursuit while Queen reassembles the Armada in secret? I've seen crazier things, so... anything to fill in that big confusing hole.

Then there's the matter of Kane's supposed duplication of the El Dorado map. That statement goes against everything the Armada was doing in other worlds, so the only reasonable conclusion was that he was bluffing. And after that, what happens to the pieces that the Armada already had?

...Ugh, plot holes! It's going to take a while to untie all those tangled knots, I'm sure.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuckOfDeath524 on Sep 28, 2021 wrote:
Alright, so I just very recently beat the main storyline, and I was wondering what some people's ideas would be for continuation of the storyline. I have a few, and I'll state them! I can't wait to hear your feedback. Also, tell me if you think my ideas are good or bad!

1) Alright, so we (all?) remember the Zeena questline in which you must talk to Ares, and I was thinking what if we went back to Aquila, (for a limited time, of course,) and we would actually fight or do tasks for some of the gods. Doing this, they could give us replacements for Marco Polo's map's destroyed pieces, or other things like gear or ships. An awesome idea for a companion would be one of the gods. Imagine, Ares the buccaneer, fighting along side a mighty pirate like you? But an issue with that is 2 things. (That I can think of.) First off, us, a puny pirate, fighting gods? We did defeat the Hydra, Medusa, Kane, and other countless beasts, but gods? Little bit of a stretch, it sounds like. Also, if you did get one of the gods as a companion, wouldn't they kind of be... like... EXTREMELY overpowered? So final rating of this continuation: 6/10.

2) Now, those who have beat the main storyline know about Queen. Well, Queen isn't as powerful or as intelligent as Kane, (at least, I think,) but if El Dorado's crew could get one of those automations defeated, I'm sure the whole Armada army could. Since Kane is dead, (or rather destroyed,) then Queen would be his successor, and since Queen was created by Kane, probably for the purpose of helping him with ruling, well... what would a Queen be without her king? What if Queen goes to El Dorado, and then tries to make another Kane, but this time, in his true form. Except what if in the end, we fight Kane again, and this time, we get the heart inside of him? A Kane companion would be crazy. Actually, what if we make our own clockwork, in the image of Kane, just add a heart. Alright, now the issues. How would Queen make Kane similar to who he was before, because there would be different backstories. How would she, (it?,) find how to get to El Dorado in the first place? Final rating of this continuation: 6.5/10.

3) This one is an odd one probably stated before, but what if our pirates went to the world of Wizard101? It would be one of our greatest adventures yet, but why would we go there, and how would the combat be? That would be interesting to see. Continuation rating: 3/10.

I love this post not only for it's creativity and also there's still hope in players for a continuing story.

I believe, however, that we won't immediately be pursuing the El Dorado quest. There's "the Eye of the Liger" to finish. We may even be doing another treasure hunt based on our mother's diaries.

The maps weren't destroyed; they are in the Armada's possession. We could try to reclaim them if we were going to El Dorado.
If we're going to pursue El Dorado, we need Erica the Red's piece and our mother's piece (as well as the pieces held by the Armada, as I said). This could lead us to Grizzleheim or Polaris. The Gods on our crew would not only be "OP" but would they really take orders from a mere mortal? I don't see this happening. Maybe another half-blood, goodness knows there were enough of them in the Greek and Roman myths to staff a crew just with them.
A W101 crossover like the type seen in the Five BOXES event could be possible and fun (of course all the "wizards" would be Witchdoctors here.)

Now about Queen, I don't think you should dismiss her as less than Kane. Remember he called her his "finest creation" which, coming from him is saying a lot. She could easily be the next arc's boss.

P.S. "What would a Queen be without her king?" Why, an independent ruler, of course! And history has many examples of independent, ruling females.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuckOfDeath524 on Sep 28, 2021 wrote:

I have to remind you: the heart was destroyed. The only way to get another heart would be to defeat one of El Dorado's Guardians and make sure that those inner mechanisms weren't damaged during the fight.

Ensign
May 07, 2020
anecorbie on Oct 1, 2021 wrote:
I have to remind you: the heart was destroyed. The only way to get another heart would be to defeat one of El Dorado's Guardians and make sure that those inner mechanisms weren't damaged during the fight.
Yes, I knew this, I just meant if we had found El Dorado if Polo's crew could take it on, I think we could too!

Sorry if I confused you.

Quinn Jones, , Level 70

Ensign
May 07, 2020
Halloween Chick on Sep 30, 2021 wrote:
I really want to go to Grizzleheim and Polaris, whether we need to go through Aquila to get there or not. Hopefully, we're still trying to get to El Dorado, and we need to meet Erika the Red, our parent's final crew mate.

Going to Wizard City doesn't really excite me that much - I can't think what Pirates would want to do there...

I see your point, but what if someone we knew was there or there was somehow something with El Dorado there.

I think it would be cool to go to Grizzleheim or Polaris, (especially Polaris,) even though I'm not well informed on either of these places, since I haven't read much into them, which I probably will now. But I wonder how it would lead to Aquila on the way to one of them.

Ensign
May 07, 2020
Lookit Light on Sep 30, 2021 wrote:
My primary concern when thinking about the future of the story is filling in the plot holes that Valencia Part 2 made. I do not think retconning is an option (Aside from maybe some modified dialogue fix some of them, but even that's a big stretch.

Firstly, and perhaps most importantly the El Dorado map menu is still missing some map pieces. I'm well aware that we heard the voices of our parents tell us not to pursue it anymore... but what if that was a deception crafted by Kane, intended to throw us off the pursuit while Queen reassembles the Armada in secret? I've seen crazier things, so... anything to fill in that big confusing hole.

Then there's the matter of Kane's supposed duplication of the El Dorado map. That statement goes against everything the Armada was doing in other worlds, so the only reasonable conclusion was that he was bluffing. And after that, what happens to the pieces that the Armada already had?

...Ugh, plot holes! It's going to take a while to untie all those tangled knots, I'm sure.
Alright, well I was just wondering since I didn't really understand, when you say, "That statement goes against everything the Armada was doing in other worlds," what exactly do you mean?

In Skull Island, I don't think their appearance was a high level, unless I've forgotten something.

Then Monquista, which I'm pretty sure no armada at all.

Obviously the armada was in Valencia 1 because, well, Valencia.

After that's Cool Ranch, with mainly Deacon as the armada there, who was looking for Captain Blood's piece of the map. (I think, it's been a while.)

Also, real quick, if anything here is wrong please tell me since I'm not very deep into the lore, though I'd like to be.

Mooshu, which I think Kane is there to be able to read some scripture or something on the map, which then he memorized it.

In Marleybone, they're just trying to take control of it,

and in Aquila the presence of the Armada is non-existant. (?)

Then obviously Valencia 2.

Sorry if I got anything wrong.

Ensign
May 07, 2020
anecorbie on Sep 30, 2021 wrote:
I love this post not only for it's creativity and also there's still hope in players for a continuing story.

I believe, however, that we won't immediately be pursuing the El Dorado quest. There's "the Eye of the Liger" to finish. We may even be doing another treasure hunt based on our mother's diaries.

The maps weren't destroyed; they are in the Armada's possession. We could try to reclaim them if we were going to El Dorado.
If we're going to pursue El Dorado, we need Erica the Red's piece and our mother's piece (as well as the pieces held by the Armada, as I said). This could lead us to Grizzleheim or Polaris. The Gods on our crew would not only be "OP" but would they really take orders from a mere mortal? I don't see this happening. Maybe another half-blood, goodness knows there were enough of them in the Greek and Roman myths to staff a crew just with them.
A W101 crossover like the type seen in the Five BOXES event could be possible and fun (of course all the "wizards" would be Witchdoctors here.)

Now about Queen, I don't think you should dismiss her as less than Kane. Remember he called her his "finest creation" which, coming from him is saying a lot. She could easily be the next arc's boss.

P.S. "What would a Queen be without her king?" Why, an independent ruler, of course! And history has many examples of independent, ruling females.
Yes, totally agree on the Queen part I kind of overlooked her, but your right and also when I put "What would Queen be without her king?" I didn't exactly mean she couldn't rule but I believe she would try to rebuild Kane, which I could be wrong about, of course.

If "The Eye of the Liger" is a Sinbad quest, I haven't began those yet so I don't know about them. Also, about the maps being destroyed, (if I did say that,) then I'm sorry since I knew they weren't.

With the matter of the gods, I would agree, especially the major gods or the big three, Zeus, Athena, Poseidon, Hades, etc., but Demi-God, mythical creature (would be awesome!), or maybe even a minor god, (which would kind of go along the lines of "but would they reall take orders from a mere mortal?" but one of the Olympians could assign them to us as a gift or something.)

Thanks for your opinion a lot, I really appreciated reading it.

Ensign
May 07, 2020
Hey everyone, sorry about the Aquila storyline, maybe instead of replacing the destroyed pieces, (because there is none,) they could tell us where the map pieces are after we please them.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Halloween Chick: "Going to Wizard City doesn't really excite me that much - I can't think what Pirates would want to do there..."

Intimidate the wizards and take their lunch money?

When Alexander the Great realized he was dying, he divided his empire among his favorite generals, creating what historians call the Successor States. Upon his death, the generals all started punching each other in the head, each hoping to reign over a once-again united Empire. I think the next chapter could be set against this backdrop (wannabes trying to replace Kane), whether we are pitted directly against the machines or not.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Sep 30, 2021 wrote:

Blind Mew confirmed that the voices of our parents might be a deception: "don't believe everything from the chrystals".
Kane didn't need the map pieces. The knowledge of how to find El Dorado was already there in MooShu. If Marco Pollo,was able to create a map, then Kane (as more intelligent) could surely duplicate the process.He was going to El Dorado to become "perfect", his court (except Phule) was to accompany him, The worlds of the Spiral would be destroyed as they were "imperfect" and Kane intended to rebuild it after becoming his true, perfect, self.

This is hardly a plot hole.

P.S. We discover where the Armada has stored the missing pieces and storm the station/fortress/laboratory, of course. And whoop the tin cans!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuckOfDeath524 on Oct 2, 2021 wrote:
Alright, well I was just wondering since I didn't really understand, when you say, "That statement goes against everything the Armada was doing in other worlds," what exactly do you mean?

In Skull Island, I don't think their appearance was a high level, unless I've forgotten something.

Then Monquista, which I'm pretty sure no armada at all.

Obviously the armada was in Valencia 1 because, well, Valencia.

After that's Cool Ranch, with mainly Deacon as the armada there, who was looking for Captain Blood's piece of the map. (I think, it's been a while.)

Also, real quick, if anything here is wrong please tell me since I'm not very deep into the lore, though I'd like to be.

Mooshu, which I think Kane is there to be able to read some scripture or something on the map, which then he memorized it.

In Marleybone, they're just trying to take control of it,

and in Aquila the presence of the Armada is non-existant. (?)

Then obviously Valencia 2.

Sorry if I got anything wrong.
Yes, there was no Armada in Aquila; HOWEVER, we found the Rosetta Stone in the Palace of Ulysses, which allowed us to get a translation of the code on the clockwork birds we found in Sivella. And that clue leads us to Valecia2 and the ultimate destruction of Kane.

(Just to help you understand the lore...)
To recap:
We escape from the Armada to Skull Island and meet Avery.
We come back from Monquista and hear about a mysterious map. Wee get our first idea of Kane from Avery.

Cool Ranch is correct, we get our second map piece there.
We're sent to MooShu to find a way to translate our map pieces. Egg Fu Yung has lost his piece when it was stolen and given to Rook. Cao Tzu tells us we need all pieces to translate.
Avery sends us to get Catbeard's piece and we must free him in Marleybone then we find out that Kane is attempting to get to El Dorado without all the pieces. Bishop mentions "Celestian computations" in his report & we see disks from the Isle of Dooms set up as some kind of machine.
It's amazing what you remember if you run trough this game around 18 times (or more.....)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 3, 2021 wrote:
Blind Mew confirmed that the voices of our parents might be a deception: "don't believe everything from the chrystals".
Kane didn't need the map pieces. The knowledge of how to find El Dorado was already there in MooShu. If Marco Pollo,was able to create a map, then Kane (as more intelligent) could surely duplicate the process.He was going to El Dorado to become "perfect", his court (except Phule) was to accompany him, The worlds of the Spiral would be destroyed as they were "imperfect" and Kane intended to rebuild it after becoming his true, perfect, self.

This is hardly a plot hole.

P.S. We discover where the Armada has stored the missing pieces and storm the station/fortress/laboratory, of course. And whoop the tin cans!
Hmm, I suppose that's a possibility now that I think about it...

I'd like to raise an interesting point though. If Kane did indeed figure out the route to El Dorado, I doubt he would have made a physical copy; Kane's Golden Mind from El Dorado would likely have been smart enough to memorize the entire thing. The lack of a map would stop others from following, since their 'primitive' minds would be unable to follow him without some kind of reference (Gosh, this reminds me of Marvel's Ultron.)

In support of this, consider what happened in the moments after we defeated Kane. A giant device in the ceiling of the Machine ripped off Kane's mask, removed the Golden Mind, and teleported it to an unknown location. It's entirely possible that it was transported to an Armada safehouse, where Queen and other remaining Armada leaders could decode it and follow it to El Dorado themselves!

And what of the remaining map pieces? The Armada wouldn't need them anymore if they could decode the Mind! Though, recognizing us as a remaining threat, they would likely secure the two pieces they have before we realize what's going on, then send agents in secret to stop us from getting the other two. Every delay they could throw at us while they decode the brain! And I assume it will take the Armada time. Only Kane and Gazpaccio fully understood how it worked, so the clockworks would need some time. (Fortunately, they are a patient evil. )

And speaking of Kane, I doubt we'd see him again for quite some time. Only Kane and Gazpaccio understood how Kane worked, too. And, well... we know what happened to them. Any re-emergence of Kane would likely take place near the end of the Second Arc, when either his consciousness is reactivated or he is nearing the completion of his 'perfected' body.

By the way, this all came off the top of my head after I haven't played in months. And yet... I feel it strangely fits.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
DuckOfDeath524 mentioned the "Eye of the Liger" quest that we got earlier this year. I frankly have no idea how this is supposed to tie into things. The quest takes place after Kane is defeated, so... maybe it'll correlate to the Armada? Something tells me that that is supposed to be its own side series, though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Oct 8, 2021 wrote:
DuckOfDeath524 mentioned the "Eye of the Liger" quest that we got earlier this year. I frankly have no idea how this is supposed to tie into things. The quest takes place after Kane is defeated, so... maybe it'll correlate to the Armada? Something tells me that that is supposed to be its own side series, though.
Actually, you can access the quest once you've reached level 70; I had 2 pirates in the middle of Aquila when I saw the ! over Albano"s head...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Oct 8, 2021 wrote:
Hmm, I suppose that's a possibility now that I think about it...

I'd like to raise an interesting point though. If Kane did indeed figure out the route to El Dorado, I doubt he would have made a physical copy; Kane's Golden Mind from El Dorado would likely have been smart enough to memorize the entire thing. The lack of a map would stop others from following, since their 'primitive' minds would be unable to follow him without some kind of reference (Gosh, this reminds me of Marvel's Ultron.)

In support of this, consider what happened in the moments after we defeated Kane. A giant device in the ceiling of the Machine ripped off Kane's mask, removed the Golden Mind, and teleported it to an unknown location. It's entirely possible that it was transported to an Armada safehouse, where Queen and other remaining Armada leaders could decode it and follow it to El Dorado themselves!

And what of the remaining map pieces? The Armada wouldn't need them anymore if they could decode the Mind! Though, recognizing us as a remaining threat, they would likely secure the two pieces they have before we realize what's going on, then send agents in secret to stop us from getting the other two. Every delay they could throw at us while they decode the brain! And I assume it will take the Armada time. Only Kane and Gazpaccio fully understood how it worked, so the clockworks would need some time. (Fortunately, they are a patient evil. )

And speaking of Kane, I doubt we'd see him again for quite some time. Only Kane and Gazpaccio understood how Kane worked, too. And, well... we know what happened to them. Any re-emergence of Kane would likely take place near the end of the Second Arc, when either his consciousness is reactivated or he is nearing the completion of his 'perfected' body.

By the way, this all came off the top of my head after I haven't played in months. And yet... I feel it strangely fits.
Well, maybe we disagree where the mind went. (I believe it returned to El Dorado.) But it's fun to speculate on the story! Pitting our minds and imagination against Blind Mew's is a challenge