Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Chumba Wumba No Longer Drops His Boss Chest

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 16, 2011
Chumba Wumba, which is the boss you fight at the top of the volcano at the end of the captain gunn quest line, used to drop a chest approximately 6 or 7 years ago. He currently does not drop a boss chest, which makes it impossible to get his unique weapon, the tub thumper, without spending crowns on the second chance chest. I had to spend around 1000 crowns to get it, which is absurd to have to do because of a bug. Videos from around 2013 and before show Chumba Wumba dropping his boss chest, but videos from around 2014 and onward do not show this and my experience farming the boss supports this. I farmed this on my privateer a few dozen times and did not get a boss chest once. I even farmed on my witchdoctor and my musketeer for a while and still dod not get a boss chest to drop from him once. The boss appears in the instance quest "Into The Fire". Attached is a screenshot of only the minion chests appearing after I beat him one of the times.
https://imgur.com/i05pvJb

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
This has been reported many times over the years.

@Bat Masterson - put a sticky note on the bug-fixers monitor for this one.

Administrator