Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Masterson: What's happening with the message Boards?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Masterson, why hasn't our message boards or newsletter been updated?

Administrator
anecorbie on Jan 4, 2021 wrote:
Masterson, why hasn't our message boards or newsletter been updated?
Hi anecorbie! I'm not quite sure what you mean. The newsletters go out regularly with the holiday one in December. Is there something with the message boards we haven't been updating that we should?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Bat Masterson on Jan 4, 2021 wrote:
Hi anecorbie! I'm not quite sure what you mean. The newsletters go out regularly with the holiday one in December. Is there something with the message boards we haven't been updating that we should?
I don't want to speak for @anecorbie, but the time lag between making a post on these boards and getting it approved is killing any sort of real discussion between players who are able to actually post.

A post of my own from early December failed to get approved because I "timed out" from a Crowns purchase and my post never appeared, so the contests on Pirate101 Central never got promoted here at all. This is beyond ridiculous, as it indicates that either whoever reviewed my post did not read it, or it was automatically deleted without being read, which is super unfair! I was able to submit the draft, so it should have been posted.

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?63351-Lost-my-ability-to-post-on-the-main-message-boards-again

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bat Masterson on Jan 4, 2021 wrote:
Only that it's January 4th and until you answered there had been no up date to the boards,

Administrator
anecorbie on Jan 4, 2021 wrote:
Only that it's January 4th and until you answered there had been no up date to the boards,
Apologies, I'm a bit confused on what you mean by this and the newsletters.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Bat Masterson on Jan 5, 2021 wrote:
Apologies, I'm a bit confused on what you mean by this and the newsletters.
Perhaps, rather than Newsletters, @anecorbie meant the Tradewinds Tribune? Going from December 20 to January 5 with nothing to say...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jan 5, 2021 wrote:
Perhaps, rather than Newsletters, @anecorbie meant the Tradewinds Tribune? Going from December 20 to January 5 with nothing to say...

Actually, I meant the Newsletter, I wonder why January, with it's focus on the new year is ignored. But, you have a point about Tradewinds Tribune.

Administrator
anecorbie on Jan 5, 2021 wrote:
Actually, I meant the Newsletter, I wonder why January, with it's focus on the new year is ignored. But, you have a point about Tradewinds Tribune.
Ah, we don't do January ones anymore since they are combined with December for the holidays. The next will be in February (this goes for Wizard101 as well).

Speaking of the newsletters, I'm really wondering how useful or interesting they are to you all... it takes a lot of work to put even what we have together, so I want to make sure you like them :).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bat Masterson on Jan 7, 2021 wrote:
Ah, we don't do January ones anymore since they are combined with December for the holidays. The next will be in February (this goes for Wizard101 as well).

Speaking of the newsletters, I'm really wondering how useful or interesting they are to you all... it takes a lot of work to put even what we have together, so I want to make sure you like them :).
If it contains actual news, then yes, I'm interested. Often, I'm not able to see KI Live when it occurs, I therefore miss out on any free codes that are offered. When the monthly letter is produced, I can (sometimes) take advantage of the codes.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Bat Masterson on Jan 7, 2021 wrote:

Are they useful or interesting? They almost never include something I haven't seen before on the Tradewinds Tribune page, on a social media post, etc. It is typically where we see the Puppet Pirates winner named, so there's that. They really need something unique to themselves, like they used to have with the Rogue's Gallery and Vadima's Visions -- but if your current marketing team sees them as more burden than opportunity to engage with players, what does that say to the community?

It seems to me that the monthly Pirate101 Newsletters currently serve as a summary of what has happened during the previous month. The Tradewinds Tribune page does this as well, and then the Producer's Letter seems to serve the same purpose but on a semi-annual (or less frequent) basis.

For much of the time, it really isn't that much, and we can honestly tell that most of it is copied between Wizard101 and Pirate101.

Administrator
Willowydream on Jan 7, 2021 wrote:
Are they useful or interesting? They almost never include something I haven't seen before on the Tradewinds Tribune page, on a social media post, etc. It is typically where we see the Puppet Pirates winner named, so there's that. They really need something unique to themselves, like they used to have with the Rogue's Gallery and Vadima's Visions -- but if your current marketing team sees them as more burden than opportunity to engage with players, what does that say to the community?

It seems to me that the monthly Pirate101 Newsletters currently serve as a summary of what has happened during the previous month. The Tradewinds Tribune page does this as well, and then the Producer's Letter seems to serve the same purpose but on a semi-annual (or less frequent) basis.

For much of the time, it really isn't that much, and we can honestly tell that most of it is copied between Wizard101 and Pirate101.

They are thin, there's no denying that. I want to ensure we're providing you with as much interesting and fun news from around the community as possible, especially since we can't provide any major updates right now that would naturally be interesting to read as well.