Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

In Settings, Set Firstmate to Act First?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 20, 2018
Do you guys go in settings and set your firstmate to act first if you are a privy, musk, or witch? I was wondering since that way I could get buffed by old scratch and my bombs would do more damage within a round faster. Is this a common thing? Please let me know.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
mkerfers on May 21, 2020 wrote:
Do you guys go in settings and set your firstmate to act first if you are a privy, musk, or witch? I was wondering since that way I could get buffed by old scratch and my bombs would do more damage within a round faster. Is this a common thing? Please let me know.
In game play, whether it's PVP or PVE, the captain always goes first, then the first mate. ( The only exception to that rule is quest promotions, where the companion being promoted goes next after the captain. ) There is no way to change this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It isn't possible to set a first mate to go before your pirate.

Ensign
Jan 20, 2018
anecorbie on May 22, 2020 wrote:
It isn't possible to set a first mate to go before your pirate.
Then what does the setting do?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
mkerfers on May 26, 2020 wrote:
Then what does the setting do?
The setting "First Mate" allows the companion you chose as first mate to always appear in battle. The other settings are: "Random", which gives a random choice to appear & "In Order": where the first 3 companions will always appear.