Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Cry For Companion Buffs

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Considering there are apparently no plans for any 'Book-style content' in Pirate101, I figured that if anything, a companion buff would be excellent. Some companions are simply outshined by the top companions, and mind you, some of these cost a fair bit of crowns. Oingo Boingo costs as much as Coronado but brings virtually nothing new to the table. My ideas are that even the extra epics all companions receive at levels 15, 35 and 55 are not enough for some. Many companions are starved for good epics, and others have no unique or interesting powers, besides perhaps a Rouse.

My prime example is the Charred Companions from the new pack. No unique powers, I believe, despite the fact that Pack companions are known for being somewhat good and having unique properties, however the Charred Companions, from what I have seen, lack even the remotest traces of usability, besides Barnaby Crispe having the Sneakyp,Sneaky ower. Many I've heard from regard them as 'garbage' or not worth using.

My point is, many companions require something to set them apart. I'm not asking for a lot of effort, some companions could simply get preexisting powers. All I ask is that the worst of the worst get something good. Really good. Something that might even shake up PvP, and make things more interesting.

Sincerely, Hardy Quinn

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Angel Angle The Li... on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
Considering there are apparently no plans for any 'Book-style content' in Pirate101, I figured that if anything, a companion buff would be excellent. Some companions are simply outshined by the top companions, and mind you, some of these cost a fair bit of crowns. Oingo Boingo costs as much as Coronado but brings virtually nothing new to the table. My ideas are that even the extra epics all companions receive at levels 15, 35 and 55 are not enough for some. Many companions are starved for good epics, and others have no unique or interesting powers, besides perhaps a Rouse.

My prime example is the Charred Companions from the new pack. No unique powers, I believe, despite the fact that Pack companions are known for being somewhat good and having unique properties, however the Charred Companions, from what I have seen, lack even the remotest traces of usability, besides Barnaby Crispe having the Sneakyp,Sneaky ower. Many I've heard from regard them as 'garbage' or not worth using.

My point is, many companions require something to set them apart. I'm not asking for a lot of effort, some companions could simply get preexisting powers. All I ask is that the worst of the worst get something good. Really good. Something that might even shake up PvP, and make things more interesting.

Sincerely, Hardy Quinn
I simply MUST agree with this! They must have something new!

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
Angel Angle The Li... on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:

Sincerely, Hardy Quinn
Yes, yes! I think about this all the time, what new powers/buffs underpowered companions can get to take them towards the top. I'm not very familiar with the new pack companions, since I haven't got any of them yet, but I like to take my imagination to other companions. For example, many of the bison companions you get in Cool Ranch are super weak and technically worthless for late-game players like me. I have tons and tons of ideas for virtually all companions in the game, but I'd probably run out of room if I listed them all out. If you don't mind, I'd like to share some examples using some of the bison companions:

Skyfire (, restricted to Witchdoctors, or can be bought in the Crown Shop for 4,495 crowns):
-Starting abilities: Epic Strike, Return Fire (Rank 1), Snap Shot, Eagle Eyes (Rank 1)
-First promotion at Lv. 35: Mega Strike, Return Fire (Rank 1), Quick Shot, Sniper Shot, Eagle Eyes (Rank 1)
-Second promotion at Lv. 57: Super Strike, Return Fire (Rank 1), Uncanny Shot, Sniper Shot, Sniper Shot, Eagle Eyes (Rank 2)

Thunderhoof (, restricted to Buccaneers, or can be bought in the Crown Shop for 4,495 crowns):
-Starting abilities: Epic Strike, Turn the Tide 2, Hold the Line 1, Mighty Charge, Merciless (Rank 1)
-First promotion at Lv. 32: Mega Strike, Turn the Tide 2, Hold the Line (Rank 1), Brutal Charge, Triton's Song, Merciless (Rank 2)
-Second promotion at Lv. 54: Super Strike, Turn the Tide (Rank 3), Hold the Line (Rank 1), Vicious Charge, Kraken's Lament, Merciless (Rank 2)

Ghost Singer (, restricted to Witchdoctors, or can be bought in the Crown Shop for 4,495 crowns):
-Starting abilities: Epic Strike, Rouse, Witch Hunter (Rank 1), Mojo Mastery (Rank 1), Valor's Shield
-First promotion at Lv. 32: Mega Strike, Rally, Witch Hunter (Rank 1), Mojo Mastery (Rank 2), Valor's Shield
-Second promotion at Lv. 55: Super Strike, Revive, Witch Hunter (Rank 1), Mojo Mastery (Rank 3), Valor's Fortress

I'd probably leave the Black Storm bison be, since I can't think of any new epics for them other than the ones I listed underneath Skyfire, Thunderhoof, and Ghost Singer. What do you think? I'd love to share more.