Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can a witchdoctor have musketeer epics?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 01, 2014
I am having trouble deciding if i want to get a musketeer to max or a witchdoctor to max, and so my question was, is it possible for a witchdoctor to have overwatch, burst fire, and all that with just a staff and not a shooty weapon? Because i seen a witchdoctor who had burst fire two and mojo echo two but i forgot the weapon he was using, i have the nefarious orb of death grabbed from the armada pack but it gains bonus from agility not will. Any suggestions?

Community Leader
Yes, a witch can train musket epics like overwatch and burst fire and/or receive them from a pet. However, this isn't optimal for pvp (which is what I assume you are referring to, as this is the pvp subforum). If you're a witchdoctor, you have 2 types "optimally competitive" weapons.

The first is the Nefarious Staff, and when you hit Champion, the Fall Champ Weapon. Both of these have a set of powerful summons that impede opposing movement, do solid chip damage (even better with a beast banner), and have effective defensive epic talents.

The second is a long range wand like Moo Manchu or Phule's Wand (6 range). This helps you gain a range advantage in matchups where summons are less effective (generally ranged classes that have a bevy of AOE attacks/overwatch/readied to shred your summons).

With a hybrid shooty/staff witch hunter, you arguably get the worst of both worlds. You lack the powerful summons of the first option and lack the 5-6 range of the second. Your epic chains will be very ineffective against ranged opponents. They can just sit outside of your 4 attack range (the orb has 3, plus 1 from spirit sight) and barrage you with AOEs, or in the case of normal muskets, basic attacks.

Against melee opponents, your chains will do terrifying damage, but your low accuracy will make it very easy to dodge your approach-based epics (forcing you to almost always have a stat buff up to increase crit chances). In addition, they can just hide their pirate and/or units, bypassing your epics entirely. They can do this very quickly since the summons you would usually have to slow them down are no longer present.

Also, as a side note, the Orb of Nefarious Death will boost off of will for witchdoctors. These weapons can boost off of two damage types (in this case, agility AND will). It will choose the higher of the two, which, for a witch, is will.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Jun 01, 2014
If i was a musketeer, would it work if i had mojo echo, and relentless WITH burst fire? Because i seen a musketeer’s pet who had both relentless and burst fire, and I thought perhaps it could be a good shot

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
BrandBrandPowers12... on Jan 14, 2019 wrote:
If i was a musketeer, would it work if i had mojo echo, and relentless WITH burst fire? Because i seen a musketeer’s pet who had both relentless and burst fire, and I thought perhaps it could be a good shot
That would work if you had a shooty/melee weapon, and for Witchdoctor and Musketeer Epics, a Shooty/Staffy Weapon. If you don't have or want that combination, then it's completely pointless.

Ensign
Jun 01, 2014
Also to add to this: Since the haywire doesn’t drop smashy/shooty weapons they should replace the gain bonus from agility with gain bonus from strength for the shooty slashy weapon, as how the other ones are, pretty sure its a bug. So would that work too? Since my main thing is strength as a buck, its gonna gain bonus from strength instead? I do have the slashy and shooty weapons talents though.

Ensign
Jul 15, 2018
Ya, i think they do ,but i can't be certain.

Ensign
Jul 15, 2018
BrandBrandPowers12... on Jan 13, 2019 wrote:
I am having trouble deciding if i want to get a musketeer to max or a witchdoctor to max, and so my question was, is it possible for a witchdoctor to have overwatch, burst fire, and all that with just a staff and not a shooty weapon? Because i seen a witchdoctor who had burst fire two and mojo echo two but i forgot the weapon he was using, i have the nefarious orb of death grabbed from the armada pack but it gains bonus from agility not will. Any suggestions?
I conveniently have the same question , and so i looked it up online and from my screen, they did not have any answers.

Ensign
Jul 15, 2018
Matthew525011 on Jan 14, 2019 wrote:
Yes, a witch can train musket epics like overwatch and burst fire and/or receive them from a pet. However, this isn't optimal for pvp (which is what I assume you are referring to, as this is the pvp subforum). If you're a witchdoctor, you have 2 types "optimally competitive" weapons.

The first is the Nefarious Staff, and when you hit Champion, the Fall Champ Weapon. Both of these have a set of powerful summons that impede opposing movement, do solid chip damage (even better with a beast banner), and have effective defensive epic talents.

The second is a long range wand like Moo Manchu or Phule's Wand (6 range). This helps you gain a range advantage in matchups where summons are less effective (generally ranged classes that have a bevy of AOE attacks/overwatch/readied to shred your summons).

With a hybrid shooty/staff witch hunter, you arguably get the worst of both worlds. You lack the powerful summons of the first option and lack the 5-6 range of the second. Your epic chains will be very ineffective against ranged opponents. They can just sit outside of your 4 attack range (the orb has 3, plus 1 from spirit sight) and barrage you with AOEs, or in the case of normal muskets, basic attacks.

Against melee opponents, your chains will do terrifying damage, but your low accuracy will make it very easy to dodge your approach-based epics (forcing you to almost always have a stat buff up to increase crit chances). In addition, they can just hide their pirate and/or units, bypassing your epics entirely. They can do this very quickly since the summons you would usually have to slow them down are no longer present.

Also, as a side note, the Orb of Nefarious Death will boost off of will for witchdoctors. These weapons can boost off of two damage types (in this case, agility AND will). It will choose the higher of the two, which, for a witch, is will.
I think that if this particular musketeer is bought or hired as a henchmen, they could.